mKPz M47 G
22 km/h back49 km/h forward
20 km/h backSpeed
The mKPz M47 G is a premium rank V German medium tank with a battle rating of 7.3 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update 1.71 "New E.R.A." as a purchasable pack, but was discontinued after the 2019 Summer sales. It was later reintroduced as an in-game premium purchasable for 8,200 .
Survivability and armour
Describe armour protection. Note the most well protected and key weak areas. Appreciate the layout of modules as well as the number and location of crew members. Is the level of armour protection sufficient, is the placement of modules helpful for survival in combat? If necessary use a visual template to indicate the most secure and weak zones of the armour.
|Game Mode||Max Speed (km/h)||Weight (tons)||Engine power (horsepower)||Power-to-weight ratio (hp/ton)|
|90 mm M36||Turret rotation speed (°/s)||Reloading rate (seconds)|
|Ammunition|| Type of
|Penetration @ 0° Angle of Attack (mm)|
|10 m||100 m||500 m||1,000 m||1,500 m||2,000 m|
|Ammunition|| Type of
| Fuse delay
| Fuse sensitivity
| Explosive Mass
(TNT equivalent) (g)
|Smoke shell characteristics|
| Screen radius
| Screen deploy time
| Screen hold time
| Explosive Mass|
(TNT equivalent) (g)
Last updated: 22.214.171.124
|71||42 (+29)||12 (+59)||10 (+61)||7 (+64)||1 (+70)||No|
- As they are modeled by sets of 2, shells disappear from the rack only after you fire both shells in the set.
- Racks 3, 4 and 5 are first stage ammo racks. They total 11 shells and get filled first when loading up the tank.
- These racks are also emptied early: the rack depletion order at full capacity is: 3 - 4 - 5 - 1 - 2.
- When refilling from racks 1 and 2, the refill order of ready racks is 5 - 4 - 3.
|12.7 mm M2HB|
| Rate of fire
Usage in battles
The MKPz M47 G tank is great for rushing the capture points in Realistic battles. Once there, fall back a little and find a good place for surveying the battlefield while looking for targets to snipe using your great HEAT rounds.
|I||Tracks||Parts||M82 shot||Horizontal Drive||NVD|
|II||Suspension||Brake System||FPE||M304 shot||Adjustment of Fire||Smoke grenade|
|III||Filters||Crew Replenishment||M332 shot||Elevation Mechanism||Rangefinder|
|IV||Transmission||Engine||M431 shell||Artillery Support||M313|
Pros and cons
- Very good turret - most of shots will either bounce or non-pen it
- The hull can't be penetrated by most of the tanks it faces; only a few tanks with high calibre cannons can penetrate it
- Very fast turret rotation, even faster than some rank VII MBTs
- It has a very potent gun with access to a variety of shells to use in any situation
- Very good speed and turning ability
- It has 12.7 mm mounted machine gun which is very an effective AA gun
- Very good acceleration
- The hull machine gun port and the armour plates around it are deadly weak spots
- Only -5° gun depression unlike most other American tanks
- It has very good armour, but tanks with more modern shells can penetrate it easily (though this problem is not specific to the M47)
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the vehicle in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the vehicle and adding a block "/History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
<references />. This section may also include the vehicle's dev blog entry (if applicable) and the in-game encyclopedia description (under
=== In-game description ===, also if applicable).
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the vehicles;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the tank;
- other literature.
|Germany medium tanks|
|Pz.III||Pz.III B · Pz.III E · Pz.III F · Pz.III J · Pz.III J1 · Pz.III L · Pz.III M · Pz.III N|
|Pz.IV||Pz.IV C · Pz.IV E · Pz.IV F1 · Pz.IV F2 · Pz.IV G · Pz.IV H · Pz.IV J · Pz.Bef.Wg.IV J|
|Pz.V||Panther A · Panther D · Panther F · Panther G · Ersatz M10 · Panther II|
|Trophies||▀M4 748 (a) · ▀T 34 747 (r)|
|Post-war||KPz-70 · mKPz M47 G · M48A2 C · M48A2 G A2 · M48 Super|
|Leopard||Leopard I · Leopard A1A1 · Leopard A1A1 (L/44) · C2A1 · Leopard 2K · Leopard 2A4 · Leopard 2A5|
|Germany premium ground vehicles|
|Light tanks||Pz.II C (DAK) · Pz.Sfl.Ic · Sd.Kfz. 140/1 · Sd.Kfz.234/1 · Ru 251|
|Medium tanks||Nb.Fz. · Pz.III N · Pz.Bef.Wg.IV J · ▀M4 748 (a) · ▀T 34 747 (r) · Ersatz M10 · mKPz M47 G · Leopard A1A1 (L/44)|
|Heavy tanks||▀Pz.Kpfw. Churchill · ▀KV-IB · ▀KV I C 756 (r) · ▀KV II 754 (r)|
|VK 45.01 (P) · ␠Tiger · Pz.Bef.Wg.VI P · Tiger II (H) Sla.16|
|Tank destroyers||Sd.Kfz.234/3 · Sd.Kfz.234/4 · Sd.Kfz.251/10 · 15 cm Pz.W.42 · Brummbär · Panzer IV/70(A) · Bfw. Jagdpanther · VFW|