T 34 747 (r) (Germany)
7 km/h back43 km/h forward
7 km/h backSpeed
|This page is about the premium German medium tank T 34 747 (r) (Germany). For other versions, see T-34 (Family).|
The ▀Pz.Kpfw. T 34 747 (r) is a premium rank II German medium tank with a battle rating of 4.0 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update 1.59 "Flaming Arrows".
This captured version of T-34-76 modification 1942, is one of the best premiums in the German tech tree. This Soviet T-34 was modified with additional applique armour on the front and removed forward mudguards. There are few cosmetic changes to the turret; the significant improvement is the commander's cupola and few minor changes, but it still plays the same as the Soviet T-34-76 mod.42. The "(r)" in the designation stands for "russisch", indicating a Soviet-captured vehicle.
Survivability and armour
Describe armour protection. Note the most well protected and key weak areas. Appreciate the layout of modules as well as the number and location of crew members. Is the level of armour protection sufficient, is the placement of modules helpful for survival in combat? If necessary use a visual template to indicate the most secure and weak zones of the armour.
|Armour||Front (Slope angle)||Sides||Rear||Roof|
|Hull||___ mm|| ___ mm Top
___ mm Bottom
|___ mm||___ - ___ mm|
|Turret|| ___ - ___ mm Turret front
___ mm Gun mantlet
|___ - ___ mm||___ - ___ mm||___ - ___ mm|
|Cupola||___ mm||___ mm||___ mm||___ mm|
|Game Mode||Max Speed (km/h)||Weight (tons)||Engine power (horsepower)||Power-to-weight ratio (hp/ton)|
|76 mm F-34||Turret rotation speed (°/s)||Reloading rate (seconds)|
|Ammunition|| Type of
|Penetration @ 0° Angle of Attack (mm)|
|10 m||100 m||500 m||1,000 m||1,500 m||2,000 m|
|BR-350A (MD-5 fuze)||APHEBC||87||85||76||67||59||52|
|BR-350B (MD-8 fuze)||APHEBC||94||92||83||73||65||57|
|Ammunition|| Type of
| Fuse delay
| Fuse sensitivity
| Explosive Mass
(TNT equivalent) (g)
|BR-350A (MD-5 fuze)||APHEBC||662||6.3||1.2||14||150||48°||63°||71°|
|BR-350B (MD-8 fuze)||APHEBC||655||6.3||0.9||14||98.56||48°||63°||71°|
|100||97 (+3)||93 (+7)||89 (+11)||69 (+31)||45 (+55)||25 (+75)||1 (+99)||No|
- As they are modeled by sets of 2, shells disappear from the rack only after you fire both shells in the set.
- Taking 89 (+11) rounds will leave only the ammunition racks at the bottom of the hull, decreasing the risk of ammunition detonation if penetrated.
|7.62 mm DT|
|Mount||Capacity (Belt)||Fire rate||Vertical||Horizontal|
Usage in battles
While it is a heavier beast (due to its applique armour on the front) than its mod.42 in-tree Soviet counterpart, it presents a slightly different playstyle, because the player will face the original T-34s. As a captured vehicle, the player will have to apply the same strategies as he would play a normal T-34. As a captured vehicle, the player will reap success against other T-34 users, due to the F-34 cannon's ability to punch through hull weak spots and wreck them from the inside with the high amount of explosive filler in each shell. Hitting the turret ring is also a viable option, but it will struggle to go through the gun mantlet. Applique armour on the front, if unangled, can also stop the occasional shell. It is always recommended to angle the front if facing any opponent listed below. The tank doesn't possess an add-on armour option, but the spare tracks cover both sides providing a few additional millimetres of armour when angling. It is not much, but it is there. The tank also has its front mudguards removed, which leaves your tracks exposed and will be a problem in any engagement. Cover your sides, engage at the medium to close range, and you will reap the rewards.
- Notable opponents
- Medium Tank M4, M4A2: The T-34's 76 mm gun cannot penetrate the welded hull M4/M4A2 reliably from the front, while the 75 mm gun on the M4/M4A2 can penetrate the T-34's turret and disable or cripple it. They have fragile lower side hull armour (only 38 mm) that can be overmatched by the 76 mm APHEBC round if exposed. The flat areas on the turret can also be penetrated fairly reliably if they can be hit. Generally, avoid head-on engagements, especially if the M4 is hull-down.
- Medium Tank M4A1, Sherman II: This is similar to the M4/M4A2, except that the cast hull is weaker than the welded hull M4/M4A2, and can be penetrated frontally. Otherwise, the same advice applies.
- Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. F2, G, H, J (Arcade): The Ausf. F2 variant is the first Panzer IV to mount a long-barreled 75 mm gun. This gun is one of the most lethal mounted on any tank within the T-34's BR range, and it is easily capable of penetrating the T-34 at most ranges. The Ausf. F2 has fragile armour, however, and is something of a glass cannon. The Ausf. G, H, and J have up-armoured hulls that are quite difficult to penetrate, but their turrets are as weak as those on the F2. The Ausf. J, in particular, has manual turret traverse and is very vulnerable to being flanked. Avoid long-range duels with them.
- Chi-Nu II: Essentially the Japanese counterpart to the German Panzer IV Ausf. F2.
- Churchill Mk III: The 6-pounder gun on the Churchill will be hard-pressed to penetrate the sloped T-34 hull, but it can easily penetrate the turret and disable the turret crew. It isn't easy to penetrate the frontal armour of the Churchill at long ranges. However, it is a slow, cumbersome heavy tank, and is easy to outflank and dispatch with shots to the side armour.
- Churchill Mk VII: The Churchill VII is virtually immune to the T-34 from the front, while its 75 mm gun can penetrate the T-34's turret reasonably easily. Even from the side, it has 95 mm of armour that cannot be penetrated by the BR-350B APHEBC round except at very close range, and even slight angling will render it all but immune. It is even slower than the Churchill III, however, and thus easy to avoid and outflank.
|II||Suspension||Brake System||FPE||Adjustment of Fire||BR-350B (MD-8 fuze)|
|III||Filters||Crew Replenishment||Elevation Mechanism||BR-350P|
|This is a premium vehicle: all modifications are unlocked on purchase|
Pros and cons
- The 76 mm cannon can penetrate and one shot all tanks it faces
- Good optics
- Very fast and manoeuvrable
- Fast turret rotation
- Can easily flank the enemy team
- Among all the T-34s in the game it has the best armour (most armoured hull with well protected and bouncy turret)
- It doesn't face German 75mm cannons (RB/SB) and other nations except for Japan and can hardly penetrate the tanks front armour
- The turret and hull both have a high chance of deflecting shots
- The cannon still can't penetrate tanks effectively from long ranges
- The armour is very good but still penetrable
- The turrets ring is easily penetrated by any tank
- It only has the yellow camouflage (no winter camo)
- It still has the Russian tanks terrible gun depression of -5 degree
- 4 Crew members in the tank are cramped, any shot that penetrates has a high chance of knocking them out
- Awkward to place bushes on upper front hull due to the obstruction of MG port and driver's optics
T-34 were bread and butter of the Red Army, just like IL-2s were for the Air force. But as Germans pushed on Moscow, many tank depots, repair stations and some factories were captured by the Germans who took the abandoned T-34 and played with them. During the testing, Germans realized that T-34 has few problems, which they tried to correct, and were somewhat successful. Few modifications were made, including the installation of the proper radio equipment since most of the tanks were lacking it(only command variants had a radio) and add on armour, which increased protection, but Germans still didn't like them as much, due to poor view range and visibility, which was corrected by installing a German commander's cupola. Germans also had to paint them with large crosses and markings, so they don't get attack by friendly aircraft.
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the vehicles;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
- Another interesting and rare modification of the captured T-34, was its conversion into the Anti-Air variant, sporting quad Flakvierling 38.
|Germany medium tanks|
|Pz.III||Pz.III B · Pz.III E · Pz.III F · Pz.III J · Pz.III J1 · Pz.III L · Pz.III M · Pz.III N|
|Pz.IV||Pz.IV C · Pz.IV E · Pz.IV F1 · Pz.IV F2 · Pz.IV G · Pz.IV H · Pz.IV J · Pz.Bef.Wg.IV J|
|Pz.V||Panther A · Panther D · Panther F · Panther G · Ersatz M10 · Panther II|
|Trophies||▀M4 748 (a) · ▀T 34 747 (r)|
|Post-war||KPz-70 · mKPz M47 G · M48A2 C · M48A2 G A2 · M48 Super|
|Leopard 1||Leopard I · Leopard A1A1 · Leopard A1A1 (L/44) · Leopard 1A5 · C2A1|
|Leopard 2||Leopard 2K · Leopard 2A4 · Leopard 2A5 · Leopard 2A6|
|Germany premium ground vehicles|
|Light tanks||Pz.II C (DAK) · Pz.Sfl.Ic · Sd.Kfz. 140/1 · Sd.Kfz.234/1 · Ru 251|
|Medium tanks||Nb.Fz. · Pz.III N · Pz.Bef.Wg.IV J · ▀M4 748 (a) · ▀T 34 747 (r) · Ersatz M10 · mKPz M47 G · Leopard A1A1 (L/44)|
|Heavy tanks||▀Pz.Kpfw. Churchill · ▀KV-IB · ▀KV I C 756 (r) · ▀KV II 754 (r)|
|VK 45.01 (P) · ␠Tiger · Pz.Bef.Wg.VI P · Tiger II (H) Sla.16|
|Tank destroyers||Sd.Kfz.234/3 · Sd.Kfz.234/4 · Sd.Kfz.251/10 · 15 cm Pz.W.42 · Brummbär · Panzer IV/70(A) · Bfw. Jagdpanther · VFW|