M10 GMC (France)
1 backGear box
|This page is about the French tank destroyer M10 GMC (France). For other uses, see M10 (Disambiguation).|
The ▄3-inch Gun Motor Carriage M10 (▄M10 GMC) is a Rank II French tank destroyer with a battle rating of 3.7 (AB/RB) and 3.3 (SB). It was introduced in Update 1.75 "La Résistance".
Survivability and armour
- Rolled homogeneous armour
- Cast homogeneous armour (Gun mantlet, Transmission area)
- Structural steel (Counterweight)
|Armour||Front (Slope angle)||Sides||Rear||Roof|
|Hull|| 38.1 mm (55°)
50.8 mm (7-55°) Transmission area
| 19.05 mm (38°) Top
25.4 mm Bottom
| 19.05 mm (28°) Top
25.4 mm (7-52°) Bottom
| 19.05 mm Front |
9.5 mm Rear
|Turret|| 25.4 mm (68-89°) Turret front
57.15 mm (0-47°) Gun mantlet
|25.4 mm (24-47°)|| 25.4 mm (30-47°) Turret rear
50 mm (0-50°) Counterweight
- Suspensions wheels are 20 mm thick, bogies are 10 mm thick, and tracks are 30 mm thick.
- Belly armour is 12.7 mm thick.
- Hull rear sides are protected by attached grousers that gives 20 mm of extra armour.
|Weight (tons)|| Add-on Armor
|Max speed (km/h)|
|Engine power (horsepower)|
|Power-to-weight ratio (hp/ton)|
|76 mm M7|
|Turret rotation speed (°/s)|
|Mode||Stock||Upgraded||Prior + Full crew||Prior + Expert qualif.||Prior + Ace qualif.|
|Reloading rate (seconds)|
|Stock||Prior + Full crew||Prior + Expert qualif.||Prior + Ace qualif.|
|Ammunition|| Type of
|Penetration in mm @ 90°|
|Ammunition|| Type of
Mass in kg
| Fuse delay
| Fuse sensitivity
| Explosive Mass in g
| Normalization At 30°
|54||52 (+2)||49 (+5)||37 (+17)||25 (+29)||13 (+41)||1 (+53)||No|
|12.7 mm M2HB|
|Capacity (Belt capacity)|| Fire rate
| Horizontal |
Usage in battles
Describe the tactics of playing in the vehicle, the features of using vehicles in the team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view but instead give the reader food for thought. Describe the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
Pros and cons
- Main cannon penetration and damage is very good for the rank, can knock out many tanks in one hit.
- Good gun depression of -10°, perfect for hull-down positions.
- Front armour profile can resist certain shots, with front glacis steeply sloped and the gun mantlet thick enough to absorb shots
- 5 crew members to replace 3 incapacitated crew members, plus one more with Crew Replenishment modification.
- Turreted purpose-built tank destroyer allows for wide field of fire compared to casemate designs.
- Pintle mounted HMG can offer effective anti-aircraft fire.
- Access to modification "Add-on Armour", that actually helps a lot.
- Has relatively no problem when getting uptiered.
- One of the slowest turret traverse in the game.
- Top hull armour is extremely thin.
- Easy to one-shot from the side by exploding the ammo rack.
- Poor turning abilities, especially while not in motion.
- Narrow tracks, which offer poor off-road performance.
- Turret crew is exposed, leaving the vehicle is vulnerable when targeted by aerial attacks such as artillery or planes
- Below average reverse speed.
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the ground vehicle in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too big, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the vehicle and adding a block "/ History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article. This section may also include the vehicle's dev blog entry (if applicable) and the in-game encyclopedia description (under
=== Encyclopedia Info ===, also if applicable).
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the vehicles;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the tank;
- other literature.
|France tank destroyers|
|AMR.35 ZT3 · SAu 40 · ARL-44 · CA Lorraine · Lorraine 155 Mle.50 · AMX-50 Foch · AMX-10RC|
|USA||▄3-inch Gun Motor Carriage M10|