M48A2 G A2
13 km/h back50 km/h forward
12 km/h backSpeed
|This page is about the German medium tank M48A2 G A2. For the version in the American tree, see M48A1.|
The M48A2 G A2 is a Rank VI German medium tank with a battle rating of 8.3 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update 1.81 "The Valkyries".
Survivability and armour
Describe armour protection. Note the most well protected and key weak areas. Appreciate the layout of modules as well as the number and location of crew members. Is the level of armour protection sufficient, is the placement of modules helpful for survival in combat?
If necessary use a visual template to indicate the most secure and weak zones of the armour.
|Game Mode||Max Speed (km/h)||Weight (tons)||Engine power (horsepower)||Power-to-weight ratio (hp/ton)|
The M48G2 G A2 wields the widely used 105 mm L7A3 cannon, which provides fast, accurate fire.
|105 mm L7A3|
|Turret rotation speed (°/s)|
|Mode||Stock||Upgraded||Prior + Full crew||Prior + Expert qualif.||Prior + Ace qualif.|
|Reloading rate (seconds)|
|Stock||Prior + Full crew||Prior + Expert qualif.||Prior + Ace qualif.|
This tank has access to a stock APDS shell (DM13), HEAT-FS shell (DM12) as a tier 2 modification, HESH shell (DM502) as a tier 1 modification and a APFSDS shell as a Tier 4 modification (DM23).
|Ammunition|| Type of
|Penetration in mm @ 0° Angle of Attack|
|Ammunition|| Type of
Mass in kg
| Fuse delay
| Fuse sensitivity
| Explosive Mass in g
| Normalization At 30°
|46||42 (+4)||34 (+12)||20 (+26)||15 (+31)||1 (+45)||No|
Less Ammo - Hull Empty: 20 (+26)
More Ammo - 1st Rack Empty: 42 (+4)
The M48A2 G A2 has two 7.62 mm MG3A1 machine guns with a total of 4,750 rounds of ammunition.
One gun is coaxial and one is located at the commander's hatch with which you can defend yourself against enemy planes.
Usage in battles
Describe the tactics of playing in the vehicle, the features of using vehicles in the team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view but give the reader food for thought. Describe the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
|II||Suspension||Brake System||FPE||Adjustment of Fire||DM12|
|III||Filters||Crew Replenishment||Elevation Mechanism||smoke grenade||NVD|
Pros and cons
- Fairly good upper glacis armour
- Highly effective 105 mm gun is a noticeable upgrade from the 90 mm gun on the M48A2 C
- DM23 APFSDS shell makes it competitive against its peers, can frontally penetrate anything it encounters
- Has effective armour against air attacks
- Gun breech can protect turret crew from chemical munitions, although it will be damaged
- Access to smoke
- Acceptable reverse speed
- Frontal turret armour is not very reliable
- Commander's cupola is still a large target
- Can't deal with enemy aircraft as effectively due to the deletion of the .50 cal
- Lack of gun stabilizer rarely allows it to make the first shot in a moving engagement
- Ineffective armour in uptiers
- Lacks thermals
- DM23 APFSDS shell is a tier 4 modification - long grind with APDS and HEAT-FS to unlock DM23
In 1958, West Germany received the M48A2 Patton III tank. Originally this tank included the 90mm M41 cannon and a 750 HP engine. Later on the tank would receive an upgraded engine (from 750 HP to 825 HP) along with other changes and was designated the M48A2C in German service. This tank served from the early 1960's to the late 1970's. West Germany realized that the 90mm gun wasn't sufficient enough to deal with most of the top of the line Soviet MBTs, so in 1978 the tank received the German licensed built, 105mm L7A3 gun found on the Leopard 1. Other changes included minor fire control system changes, a new commander's hatch, passive night sights, and later on a laser range finder. This version was designated the M48A2 GA2 and remained in service till the 1990's.
An excellent addition to the article will be video guides, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
- M48A1 - Basic M48 version that the M48A2 G A2 was upgraded from.
- Magach 3 (USA) - A similarly upgraded M48 tank from a pack in the USA tech tree.
- M48A2 C - The German version of the M48A2 Patton III
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on tank;
- other literature.
|Germany medium tanks|
|Pz.III||Pz.III B · Pz.III E · Pz.III F · Pz.III J · Pz.III J1 · Pz.III L · Pz.III M · Pz.III N|
|Pz.IV||Pz.IV C · Pz.IV E · Pz.IV F1 · Pz.IV F2 · Pz.IV G · Pz.IV H · Pz.IV J · Pz.Bef.Wg.IV J|
|Pz.V||Panther A · Panther D · Panther F · Panther G · Ersatz M10 · Panther II|
|Trophies||▀M4 748 (a) · ▀T 34 747 (r)|
|Post-war||KPz-70 · mKPz M47 G · M48A2 C · M48A2 G A2 · M48 Super|
|Leopard||Leopard I · Leopard A1A1 · Leopard A1A1 (L/44) · Leopard 2K · Leopard 2A4 · Leopard 2A5|