|This page is about the Soviet air-to-air missile R-13M1. For the other version, see R-13M.|
The R-13M1 is a Soviet infrared homing air-to-air missile, it was introduced shortly after the release of Update "Red Skies".
Vehicles equipped with this weapon
|Vehicles equipped with this weapon|
|MiG-21||◊MiG-21 "Lazur-M" · ◊MiG-21 SPS-K · MiG-21bis · ▄MiG-21bis · ◊MiG-21bis-SAU|
|MiG-23||MiG-23M · ◊MiG-23MF · MiG-23ML · ◊MiG-23MLA · MiG-23MLD|
|MiG-27||MiG-27K · MiG-27M|
|Lock range (rear-aspect)||5.5 km|
|Launch range||16 km|
|Maximum speed||2.4 M|
|Maximum overload||20 G|
|Missile guidance time||54 secs|
|Explosive mass||5.5 kg TNTe|
Describe the type of damage produced by this type of missile (high explosive, splash damage, etc)
Comparison with analogues
Give a comparative description of missiles that have firepower equal to this weapon.
Usage in battles
Describe situations when you would utilise this missile in-game (vehicle, pillbox, base, etc)
Pros and cons
- Increased G load over the R-13M, similar to the American AIM-9J
- Increased flare resistance, increasing versatility
- Uncaged seeker allows for leading of targets
- High explosive mass, allowing for easier kills
- Long practical range (24 km)
- Lower manoeuvrability than the R-60
- Cannot be slaved to radar
- Smaller off boresight angle than R-60
Examine the history of the creation and combat usage of the weapon in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the weapon and adding a block "/History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Weapon-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the article about the variant of the weapon;
- references to approximate analogues by other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- other literature.