Vehicles equipped with this weapon
Tell us about the tactical and technical characteristics of the missile.
Describe the type of damage produced by this type of missile (high explosive, splash damage, etc)
Comparison with analogues
Give a comparative description of missiles that have firepower equal to this weapon.
Usage in battles
Describe situations when you would utilise this missile in-game (vehicle, pillbox, base, etc)
Pros and cons
- High explosive mass
- Hard to dodge at close range
- Easy to dodge at range
- Can't keep up with supersonic jets that are above Mach 1
Based on the Soviet R-3S, the PL-2 is a Chinese air-to-air missile which started being license-built in 1962 and was certified in 1967. It would see mass production unlike its derivatives, excluding the PL-5. It was used by the Chinese People's Liberation Army Air Force, Myanmar Air Force and Bangladesh Air Force.
An excellent addition to the article would be a video guide, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the article about the variant of the weapon;
- references to approximate analogues by other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the weapon;
- other literature.