The Kh-66 is a Soviet air-to-surface missile.
Vehicles equipped with this weapon
Tell us about the tactical and technical characteristics of the missile.
- Mass: 278 kg
- Guidance: SACLOS (semi-automatic)
- Maximum Speed: Mach 2.0 (686 m/s)
- Firing range: 10 km
- Missile guidance time: 25 seconds
- Explosive type : TG-40
- Explosive mass: 51 kg (65.28 kg TNT equivalent)
- Amour penetration: 93 mm at all distances and angles
Comparison with analogues
Give a comparative description of missiles that have firepower equal to this weapon.
Usage in battles
The Kh-66 is used to perform Close Air Support from outside enemy AA effective range.
Pros and cons
Summarise and briefly evaluate the weaponry in terms of its characteristics and combat effectiveness. Mark pros and cons as a list.
- Greater range than most AA missiles
- High explosive mass
- Hard to aim
- Only two missiles
- Heavy weight impacts flight performance
Examine the history of the creation and combat usage of the weapon in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the weapon and adding a block "/History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Weapon-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the article about the variant of the weapon;
- references to approximate analogues by other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- other literature.