3 backGear box
|This page is about the medium tank M26A1. For other uses, see M26 (Family).|
The Carro Armato M26A1 is a rank IV Italian medium tank with a battle rating of 6.3 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update 1.85 "Supersonic".
Survivability and armour
Describe armour protection. Note the most well protected and key weak areas. Appreciate the layout of modules as well as the number and location of crew members. Is the level of armour protection sufficient, is the placement of modules helpful for survival in combat?
If necessary use a visual template to indicate the most secure and weak zones of the armour.
Write about the mobility of the ground vehicle. Estimate the specific power and manoeuvrability, as well as the maximum speed forwards and backwards.
- One 90 mm M3A1 cannon (70 rounds)
- Stock Reload Rate: 11.05 seconds
|Shell Type||Type of Warhead||Explosive Mass in g||Muzzle Velocity||Penetration Values at 10m||Penetration Values at 100m|
|M318 Shot||AP||None||853 m/s||192 mm||191 mm|
|M82 Shot||APCBC||137.2 grams||853 m/s||175 mm||164 mm|
|M304 Shot||APCR||None||1,021 m/s||264 mm||260 mm|
|M71 Shell||HE||925 grams||823 m/s||13 mm||13 mm|
Some tanks are armed with several guns in one or more turrets. Evaluate the additional weaponry and give advice on its use. Describe the ammunition available for additional weaponry. Give advice on about how to use them and how to fill the ammunition storage. If there is no additional weaponry remove this subsection.
Offensive and anti-aircraft machine guns not only allow you to fight some aircraft but also are effective against lightly armoured vehicles. Evaluate machine guns and give recommendations on its use.
Usage in battles
Describe the tactics of playing in the vehicle, the features of using vehicles in the team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view but instead give the reader food for thought. Describe the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
Pros and cons
- Uses the same gun as the M46 Patton = slightly better penetration compared to the original M26 Pershing
- M82 shot has great post-penetration damage; can easily one-shot enemy tanks
- Decent frontal armour overall
- Respectable mobility
- Great reverse speed
- Good accuracy on the move thanks to its stable suspension
- Good gun depression enables it to use hull-down tactics
- Fast turret rotation speed
- 76 mm of side armour allows the M26A1 some degree of angling
- Armour can still be penetrated by most guns encountered at its rank
- Stock ammunition will have some difficulty destroying other tanks effectively
- Mediocre acceleration
- Turret ring can get damaged easily
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the ground vehicle in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the vehicle and adding a block "/ History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article. This section may also include the vehicle's dev blog entry (if applicable) and the in-game encyclopedia description (under
=== In-game description ===, also if applicable).
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the vehicles;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the tank;
- other literature.
|Italy medium tanks|
|Carro Armato||M11/39 · M13/40 (I) · M13/40 (II) · M13/40 (III) · M14/41 · M15/42 · P40 · P40 "G.C. Leoncello"|
|OF-40||OF-40 · OF-40 Mk.2A · OF-40 (MTCA)|
|Ariete||Ariete (P) · Ariete · Ariete PSO|
|Foreign chassis||M4 Tipo IC · M26 "D.C.Ariete" · M26A1 · M47 (105/55) · M60A1 "D.C.Ariete"|