Spitfire Mk.IIa Venture I
|This page is about the premium British fighter Spitfire Mk.IIa Venture I. For other variants, see Spitfire (Family).|
The Spitfire Mk.IIa Venture I is a premium rank II British fighter with a battle rating of 2.7 (AB/RB) and 3.0 (SB). It was introduced in Update "Starfighters".
Describe how the aircraft behaves in the air. Speed, manoeuvrability, acceleration and allowable loads - these are the most important characteristics of the vehicle.
|Characteristics|| Max Speed
(km/h at _,___ m)
| Max altitude
| Turn time
| Rate of climb
| Take-off run|
|Combat flaps||Take-off flaps||Landing flaps||Air brakes||Arrestor gear||Drogue chute|
|Wings (km/h)||Gear (km/h)||Flaps (km/h)||Max Static G|
|Optimal velocities (km/h)|
|< 321||< 400||< 465||> 250|
The Spitfire Mk.IIa Venture I is armed with:
- 8 x 7.7 mm Browning machine guns, wing-mounted (350 rpg = 2,800 total)
Usage in battles
Describe the tactics of playing in the aircraft, the features of using aircraft in a team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view, but instead, give the reader food for thought. Examine the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
Usage in battles
When in a fight with an enemy plane, which is not Japanese, proceed to entice them into a turn fight, wait until they get close enough and then turn into them, forcing a turning fight,
It is faster than Japanese planes, so if attacked by one, either use a Rolling Scissors technique or just fly away and if in a good position, Boom & Zoom it.
|I||Fuselage Repair||Radiator||Offensive 7mm|
|II||Compressor||Airframe||New 7mm MGs|
|This is a premium vehicle: all modifications are unlocked on purchase|
Pros and cons
- Eight 7.7 mm machine guns provide great anti-fighter power
- Great turn rate
- Good roll rate at low speed
- Better-than-average top speed
- Great rate of climb
- Better engine power than Mk Ia
- Decent amount of armour, a front 38 mm glass and rear 4-7 mm steel plates
- Machine guns only effective if the target is hit in continuous bursts
- Machine gun armament lacks the long range hitting power of cannons
- Ammo can run out quickly in prolonged, uncontrolled bursts
- Quick kills against large bombers without a pilot snipe is difficult, prolonged engagements expose the Spitfire to the defensive gunners
- Machine guns cannot penetrate heavily armoured targets
- Bad high altitude performance
- Roll rate stiffens dramatically at ~350 km/h
- Pulling negative G's and rolling the plane (Realistic/simulator only) can cause the carburettor (engine) to fail
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the aircraft in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the vehicle and adding a block "/History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
<references />. This section may also include the vehicle's dev blog entry (if applicable) and the in-game encyclopedia description (under
=== In-game description ===, also if applicable).
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the aircraft;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the aircraft;
- other literature.
|Britain premium aircraft|
|Fighters||Tuck's Gladiator Mk II · ▄Boomerang Mk I · ▄Boomerang Mk II · ▄D.520 · Martlet Mk IV · ▄Corsair F Mk II · ▄Hellcat Mk II · ▄Mustang Mk IA|
|Spitfire Mk.IIa Venture I · Spitfire F Mk IXc · Plagis' Spitfire LF Mk IXc · Spitfire F Mk XIVc · Spitfire FR Mk XIVe · Typhoon Mk Ib · Wyvern S4 · MB.5|
|Twin-engine fighters||Whirlwind P.9|
|Jet fighters||Hunter FGA.9 · Meteor F Mk.8 Reaper|
|Bombers||▄Avenger Mk II · ▄Boston Mk I · ▄DB-7 · ▄Hudson Mk V · ▄Havoc Mk I · ▄Catalina Mk IIIa · Swordfish Mk II|