Berezin UB (12.7 mm)
There are 4 named variants of the Berezin. The 'standard' UB gun which is nose mounted and not synchronized. The UBK(or UBC depending on the translation) which is identical to the standard gun but mounted in the wings. The UBS which is synchronized to fire through a propeller and thus has a lower rate of fire. The UBT is for turret use.
Vehicles equipped with this weapon
|Vehicles equipped with UB or UBK|
|Fighters||▂Hurricane Mk IIB · I-180S · MiG-3-15 (BK)|
|Twin-engine fighters||Pe-3 Early · Pe-3 · Pe-3bis|
|Bombers||Pe-2-31 · Pe-2-83 · Pe-2-110 · Pe-2-205 · Pe-2-359|
|Vehicles equipped with UBS|
|LaGG-3||LaGG-3-4 · LaGG-3-8 · LaGG-3-11 · LaGG-3-23 · LaGG-3-34 · LaGG-3-35 · LaGG-3-66 · I-301|
|MiG-3||MiG-3-15 · MiG-3-15 (BK)|
|Yak-1/3/7||Yak-1B · ▀Yak-1B · Yak-3 · ▄Yak-3 · Yak-7B|
|Yak-9||Yak-9 · Yak-9B · Yak-9K · Golovachev's Yak-9M · Yak-9T · Challe's ▄Yak-9T · Yak-9U|
|Vehicles equipped with UBT|
|IL-2||IL-2M type 3 (Defensive) · IL-2M "Avenger" (Defensive) · IL-2-37 (Defensive) · IL-2M (1943) (Defensive)|
|Su-6||Su-6 (AM-42) (Defensive) · Su-6 (M-71F) (Defensive)|
|Pe-2||Pe-2-31 · Pe-2-83 · Pe-2-110 · Pe-2-205 · Pe-2-359|
|Tu-2||Tu-2S (Defensive) · Tu-2 (Defensive) · Tu-2S-44 (Defensive) · Tu-2S-59 (Defensive)|
|Yer-2||Yer-2 (ACh-30B) Early (Defensive) · Yer-2 (ACh-30B) Late (Defensive) · Yer-2 (M-105) TAT-BT (Defensive) · Yer-2 (M-105R) LU-MV-2B (Defensive) · Yer-2 (M-105R) TAT-BT (Defensive)|
|Other||▂Hampden TB Mk I UTK-1 (Defensive) · IL-4 (Defensive) · Pe-8 (Defensive)|
Tell us about the tactical and technical characteristics of the cannon or machine gun.
- The Berezin UB has a total of 6 different belts to choose from
- Default (T/AP/AP/IAI) - The default belt, while usable, contains plain AP and tracer rounds, resulting in 3 out of 4 rounds fired being subpar, though with slightly better ballistics than other belts.
- Universal (AP-I/API-T/IAI/IAI) - Half the belt consists of IAI making it good for damaging the control surfaces of aircraft, as well as a mix of AP-I and API-T to target modules.
- Air targets (API-T/AP-I/AP-I/IAI) - 1 IAI round allows for decent control surface damage while the 2 AP-I rounds mean high fire chance making this one of the better choices for destroying aircraft.
- Ground targets (AP-I(c)/AP-I/AP-I/API-T/IAI) - The AP-I(c) is a cement-core round increasing the rounds penetration, making this belt ideal for ground targets.
- Tracers (API-T) - As the belt is composed entirely of tracers, this allows pilots to learn to aim better, however, API-T rounds tend to have the worst performance of all AP and incendiary rounds.
- Stealth (AP-I/AP-I/IAI) - As with all stealth belts, this belt makes for excellent surprise attacks and as this belt is the same as the Air targets belt with the API-T round removed, it is excellent for destroying aircraft.
Comparison with analogues
Give a comparative description of cannons/machine guns that have firepower equal to this weapon.
Usage in battles
Describe the cannon/machine gun in the game - its distinctive features, tactics of usage against notable opponents. Please don't write a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view, but give the reader food for thought.
Pros and cons
Summarise and briefly evaluate the weaponry in terms of its characteristics and combat effectiveness. Mark pros and cons as a list.
Examine the history of the creation and combat usage of the weapon in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the weapon and adding a block "/ History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Weapon-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
An excellent addition to the article would be a video guide, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the article about the variant of the cannon/machine gun;
- references to approximate analogues by other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the weapon;
- other literature.
|Aircraft machine guns|
|7.62 mm||Browning · M134 Minigun|
|12.7 mm||Browning M2 · Browning M3|
|7.62 mm||MG 3|
|7.92 mm||MG 15 · MG 17 · MG 81|
|12.7 mm||FN M3P|
|13.0 mm||MG 131|
|7.62 mm||DA · PV-1 · ShKAS|
|12.7 mm||Berezin UB · A-12.7 · YaK-B|
|7.7 mm||Lewis · Vickers E · Vickers K · Browning .303|
|7.7 mm||Te-1 · Type 89 · Type 89 special|
|7.92 mm||Type 98|
|12.7 mm||Ho-103 · Ho-104|
|7.7 mm||Type 92 · Type 97|
|13.0 mm||Type 2|
|13.2 mm||Type 3|
|7.7 mm||Breda-SAFAT (7.7 mm)|
|7.92 mm||FN Browning|
|12.7 mm||Breda-SAFAT (12.7 mm) · Scotti M1933|
|7.5 mm||Mle 33 · Darne 1933 · Mle 1923 · FN Browning Mle 38 · MAC 1934|