|This page is about the aircraft Rasmussen's P-36A. For other uses, see P-36 (Disambiguation)|
The Rasmussen's P-36A Hawk is a gift Rank I American fighter with a battle rating of 1.3 (AB/RB) and 1.7 (SB). It was in the game since the start of the Open Beta Test prior to Update 1.29. Rasmussen's P-36A Hawk is an unique American low tier aircraft in War Thunder. Although it does not appear in the American tech tree, it can be purchased through a DLC pack on Steam. The plane is modeled after the one that Philip M. Rasmussen flew on the island of Oahu during the Japanese attack on December 7, 1941.
Describe how the aircraft behaves in the air. Speed, manoeuvrability, acceleration and allowable loads - these are the most important characteristics of the vehicle.
| Max Speed
(km/h at 3,048 m)
| Max altitude
| Turn time
| Rate of climb
| Take-off run|
| Max Speed
(km/h at 3,048 m)
|Max altitude (meters)||Turn time (seconds)|| Rate of climb
|Take-off run (meters)|
|Combat flap||Take-off flap||Landing flap||Air brakes||Arrestor gear|
| Wing-break speed
| Gear limit
| Combat flap
|Max Static G|
|< 290||< 380||< 460||> 250|
|Optimal altitude||100% Engine power||WEP Engine power|
|1,981 m||1,050 hp||1,229 hp|
Survivability and armour
- 9.5 mm steel - behind pilot
- All fuel tanks in fuselage
Rasmussen's P-36A is armed with:
- 1 x 12.7 mm M2 Browning machine gun, nose-mounted (200 rpg)
- 1 x 7.62 mm Browning machine gun, nose-mounted (500 rpg)
Usage in battles
The plane is no different in performance from the normal P-36A. The best tactic to use would be boom & zoom. Without much fire power or ammo, new players may find the aircraft difficult to use. However, the plane can make an excellent low tier bomber interceptor and performs rather well in a dog fight.
Manual Engine Control
|Not controllable||Controllable||Not controllable||Controllable||Combined||Not controllable||Not controllable|
|I||Fuselage Repair||Radiator||Offensive 7 mm|
|II||Compressor||Airframe||New 7 mm MGs|
|III||Wings Repair||Engine||Offensive 12 mm|
|IV||Engine Injection||Cover||New 12 mm MGs|
Pros and cons
- Unique aircraft, it's cool to have.
- It's .50 cal at a low tier can be effective at downing enemy planes quickly.
- Good climb speed for its tier.
- Very good turn rate, can boom and zoom easily.
- Decent energy retention.
- Nose mounted armaments.
- Pilot is protected by an armored plate from behind the seat.
- Despite being a premium plane, it has no premium reward.
- Individual modules still need to be researched.
- Low amount of ammo. In arcade this isn't really a problem.
- Rather fragile.
- Bad roll rate.
- No armor from the front of the cockpit.
- Huge blind spot behind the pilot's seat.
This specific aircraft was used by Philip M. Rasmussen during the attack on Pearl Harbor. He and three other pilots took off to engage enemy fighters. Rasmussem is documented to have shot down an A6M Zero before being forced to land due to extensive damage suffered by his aircraft.
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the aircraft;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the aircraft;
- other literature.
|P-26 Peashooter||P-26A-33 · P-26A-34 · P-26A-34 M2 · P-26B-35|
|P-36 Hawk||P-36A · Rasmussen's P-36A · P-36C · P-36G|
|P-39 Airacobra||P-400 · P-39N-0 · P-39Q-5|
|P-40||P-40C · P-40E-1 · P-40F-10|
|P-47 Thunderbolt||P-47D-25 · P-47D-28 · P-47M-1-RE · ⋠P-47M-1-RE · P-47N-15|
|P-51 Mustang||P-51 · P-51A (Thunder League) · P-51D-5 · P-51D-10 · P-51D-20-NA · P-51D-30 · P-51H-5-NA|
|P-63 Kingcobra||P-63A-5 · P-63A-10 · P-63C-5 · ␠Kingcobra|
|F2A Buffalo||F2A-1 · Thach's F2A-1 · F2A-3|
|F3F||F3F-2 · Galer's F3F-2|
|F4F Wildcat||F4F-3 · F4F-4|
|F4U Corsair||F4U-1A · F4U-1A (USMC) · F4U-1D · F4U-1C · F4U-4 · F4U-4B · F4U-4B VMF-214|
|F6F Hellcat||F6F-5 · F6F-5N|
|F8F Bearcat||F8F-1 · F8F-1B|
|Other countries||▃Ki-43-II · ▃Ki-61-Ib · ▃A6M2 · ▃Bf 109 F-4 · ▃Fw 190 A-8 · ▃Spitfire LF Mk IXc|