Centurion Action X
13 km/h back34 km/h forward
12 km/h backSpeed
The Centurion Action X is a premium rank IV British medium tank with a battle rating of 6.7 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update 1.93 "Shark Attack".
Survivability and armour
Describe armour protection. Note the most well protected and key weak areas. Appreciate the layout of modules as well as the number and location of crew members. Is the level of armour protection sufficient, is the placement of modules helpful for survival in combat? If necessary use a visual template to indicate the most secure and weak zones of the armour.
Write about the mobility of the ground vehicle. Estimate the specific power and manoeuvrability, as well as the maximum speed forward and backwards.
|Game Mode||Mobility characteristics||Engine power (horsepower)||Power-to-weight ratio (hp/ton)|
|84 mm Ordnance QF 20-pounder Mk.I||Turret rotation speed (°/s)||Reloading rate (seconds)|
|Ammunition|| Type of
|Penetration @ 0° Angle of Attack (mm)|
|10 m||100 m||500 m||1,000 m||1,500 m||2,000 m|
|Ammunition|| Type of
| Fuse delay
| Fuse sensitivity
| Explosive Mass
(TNT equivalent) (g)
| Normalisation at 30°
|Smoke shell characteristics|
| Screen radius
| Screen deploy time
| Screen hold time
| Explosive Mass|
(TNT equivalent) (g)
|20pdr Shell SS Mk.1||250||9.3||13||5||20||50|
|65||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__|
|Centurion Action X Optics|
|Default magnification||Maximum magnification|
|Main Gun optics||X4.9||X6.0|
|7.92 mm BESA|
| Fire rate
Usage in battles
Describe the tactics of playing in the vehicle, the features of using vehicles in the team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view but instead give the reader food for thought. Describe the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
|II||Suspension||Brake System||FPE||Adjustment of Fire||Shot Mk.3|
|III||Filters||Crew Replenishment||Elevation Mechanism||Smoke grenade|
|IV||Transmission||Engine||Artillery Support||20pdr Shell SS Mk.1|
Pros and cons
Summarise and briefly evaluate the vehicle in terms of its characteristics and combat effectiveness. Mark its pros and cons in a bulleted list. Try not to use more than 6 points for each of the characteristics. Avoid using categorical definitions such as "bad", "good" and the like - use substitutions with softer forms such as "inadequate" and "effective".
- Powerful and high penetrating 20 pdr gun,available with a APDS choice.Sharing same traits as Other Centurions with 20 pdrs
- Very quick reload time,up to 6.3 seconds per round when in full crew+Ace
- Have good gun depression and other traits like other Centurion
- Good Turret Armor,up to 240mm+ thick in some areas
- Great RP and SL grinder like it's swedish cousin
- With Gun stabilizer
- With only 39(AB),35(RB and SB)km/h top speed,it's mobility is mediocre when compared to some same-tier mediums
- Ammo rack in the front (will be empty if 33 rounds are loaded) like other centurions
- Small internal compartment (only 4 crew members), easy to one shot like it's siblings
- Although APDS provide high penetration even in long distances,but it provides only punctual damage(Aim Carefully)
- Turret Armor is not reliable sometimes due to some lower parts of turret armor is thinner(Serious Damages would occur if enemies penetrates it)
- No explosive filler on any AP shells like other centurions in tier iv.
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the vehicle in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the vehicle and adding a block "/History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
<references />. This section may also include the vehicle's dev blog entry (if applicable) and the in-game encyclopedia description (under
=== In-game description ===, also if applicable).
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the vehicles;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the tank;
- other literature.
|Britain medium tanks|
|Cromwell||Cromwell I · Cromwell V · Cromwell Mk.V (RP-3)|
|Based on Cromwell||Challenger · Comet I · Iron Duke IV|
|Centurion||Centurion Mk 1 · Centurion Mk 3 · Centurion Mk.5 AVRE · Centurion Mk 10 · Centurion Action X · FV4202|
|Chieftain||Chieftain Mk 3 · Chieftain Mk 5 · Chieftain Mk 10|
|Challenger||Challenger Mk.2 · Challenger Mk.3 · Challenger 2 · Challenger 2 (2F)|
|Valentine||Valentine I · Valentine IX · Valentine XI|
|Vickers||Vickers MBT · Vickers Mk.7|
|Foreign||Grant I (USA) · Sherman IC "Trzyniec" (USA) · Sherman Firefly (USA) · Sherman II (USA)|
|A.C.IV (Australia) · Strv 81 (RB 52) (Sweden) · Sho't Kal Dalet (Israel)|
|Britain premium ground vehicles|
|Light tanks||A13 Mk.I (3rd R.T.R.) · A13 Mk II 1939 · AEC Mk II|
|Medium tanks||Grant I · Cromwell Mk.V (RP-3) · Sherman IC "Trzyniec" · A.C.IV · Iron Duke IV|
|Strv 81 (RB 52) · Centurion Mk.5 AVRE · Sho't Kal Dalet · Centurion Action X|
|Heavy tanks||Independent · Excelsior · Black Prince|
|Tank destroyers||Achilles (65 Rg.) · QF 3.7 Ram · Rooikat 105|