Update 1.93 "Shark Attack"
- 1 New vehicles
- 2 New location
- 3 Location and mission updates
- 4 Examples of bugs corrected by player reports
- 5 Enduring Confrontation
- 6 Ground Vehicle model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:
- 7 Aircraft model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:
- 8 Flight Model changes:
- 9 Naval fleet model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:
- 10 Naval modifications and crew skills:
- 11 Naval characteristics, physics and damage model:
- 12 Localization
- 13 Interface
- 14 Economy and research
- 15 Customization
- 16 Game mechanics
- 17 Sound
- 18 Controls
- 19 Other
- 20 Smaller updates that came afterwards
- 2S6M Tunguska-M (as a researchable modification of the 2S6)
- 9P149M (as a researchable modification of the 9P149)
- A-129 International (pack)
- South Africa
Location and mission updates
- Helicopter respawns have been moved further away from the ground forces battlefield position.
- The size of the "Northern Port" location has been changed from 12x12km to 16x16km and the respawn location for larger naval vessels has been relocated.
Examples of bugs corrected by player reports
|As previously, we want to thank you for correctly created bug reports! Below you will find some of the bug fixes that were possible with your help. You continue to assist us to make War Thunder better!|
- Incorrect reload speed for the last shell in the first-order ammo racks has been fixed (source).
- The weight of the М1А1 Abrams tank has been changed from 59 to 57.15 ton. According to "Tank Platoon: Headquarters Department of the Army (April 1996)" (source).
- Earlier missing torpedo lead indication has been fixed for IJN Kiyoshimo (source).
- Belt composition of the 7.92 mm S-100 machine gun has been fixed(1944) (source).
- Incorrect texture of the Firefly Scorpion anti-aircraft machine gun has been fixed (source).
- Shifting of the crosshairs on the sights in aircraft cockpits has been fixed (source).
- Bugs in the hull roof armour of the M26E1, through which the driver and gunner could be hit have been fixed (source).
- Incorrect armour of the gun mantlet of the Т-34-85 Gai (China) has been fixed. Gun mantlet is now equal to the Т-34-85 (USSR) (source).
- "Gaps" in the armour for the following tanks have been fixed: M22, M60, Magach 3, T32, T32E1, Heavy Tank No.6, ST-A1, ST-A2, Type 61, Centurion (from multiple bug reports).
- The work of the rangefinder on helicopters with missing or removed nose turret have been restored (source).
- Incorrect behavior in the established turn with flaps released on the aircraft of the MiG series and some others have been fixed (source).
- Incorrect display of jet exhaust which could be displayed ahead of the aircraft has been fixed (source).
- Many sound artifacts have been fixed. For example sound artifacts in battles longer than 40 minutes (from many bug reports).
- Cargo ships have been added to the naval convoys.
- A bug on the "La Manche" location, where some airfields in hostile territory continued to operate even after capturing a port or advancing the front line, has been fixed.
- A bug where capturing the port allows the enemy bombing zone near the port to remain an active target has been fixed. Now such zones will be considered as captured and disappear.
- In the "Saipan" mission the front line (except ground battles) has been partly switched on as it is required by the port capture logic.
- Ship setups for AI now depends on the rank of battles.
- Hydroplanes and sea planes can now be repaired and rearmed in friendly ports.
- Ports now have security units. Port can not be captured without destroying them. Destroyed units reappear after some time and damage will be restored. In the case of port capture, security units will respawn for the side which has captured the port to aid in its protection.
- AI cost guard units have been added on the coast of the La Manche and Saipan location which act on the principle of any other background units (active only if there are some players nearby and if the limit of the active units isn't exceeded).
Ground Vehicle model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:
- 2S6 - 2S6M modification has been added. BR for all game modes have been changed from 10 to 10.3.
- Swingfire - Armour-piercing has been changed from 500 to 535 mm.
- MILAN - Armour-piercing has been changed from 580 to 530 mm.
- HOT - Armour-piercing has been changed from 800 to 700 mm.
- Centurion Mk.3 / Centurion Mk.10 / Centurion Mk.1 / Sho't Kal Dalet / Strv 81 - A partition which separates the ammunition storage from the driver has been added.
- French reserve vehicle has been changed from AMC34 to AMD35.
- M1A1 - Weight of the tank has been changed from 58,970 kg to 57,150 kg. Source: FM 17-15 Tank Platoon
- Penetration values for the following HEAT shells have been reduced (the below values are in mm):
- OCC 120 G1: 600 → 480
- OECC 120 F1: 600 → 480
- DM12A1: 650 → 480
- DM12: 650 → 480
- M830: 650 → 480
- Source: Data of Soviet and NATO anti-armour weapon systems // REPORT OF DGWs WORKING PARTY ON AMMUNITION NATURES FOR FUTURE AFVs HEAT Vs HESH FOR FMBT
Aircraft model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:
- Bugs with localization of the information about the thickness of the aircraft armour have been fixed.
- Helicopters - Enable helicopter repair if they can still fly.
- Zoom for helicopter gunner camera view depending on the sighting optics has been fixed.
- Aircraft - The gyroscopic sight no longer drifts to the side as it now uses all available guns for reference.
- F4C - Allow the use of the ventral gunpod if the landing gear is broken.
- A bug with the display of the armour-piercing icon on the flares modification has been fixed.
- F-89D - Gyro gunsight will work with rockets
- Ki-100 II - Lack of protection for fuel tanks has been fixed.
- G4M1 - Separate bomb dropping has been added.
- Tiger (all modifications) - The position of the third-person camera view in zoom for easier firing of unguided rockets has been fixed.
- Swift F.7 - Fireflash guided missile have been added. The missile will be controlled using "Beam riding", i.e. the missile must be held after launch on the sight line of the target by controlling the aircraft body.
Flight Model changes:
- The "Hold roll angle" button has been added to the control settings for helicopters in the "mouse aiming mode". The new feature allows you to turn on the helicopter'S roll hold. This allows the helicopter to make lateral movements (strafe) without constantly entering the commands into the roll channels, compensate roll drift during the movement and drift of the helicopter at high and low speeds and adjust the radius and sharpness of the turn at high speed. The range of the roll angles in which the hold works is limited by +/-30 degrees but can be individual for some helicopters.
- F.222.2, NC.223.32 - Flight model has been updated. A bug with very quick engine overheating on takeoff mode has been fixed. Stability and controllability of the aircraft by performing manoeuvres under using full control type have been improved.
- H6K - Flight model has been updated. The propeller group now operates with more stability in all flight modes. Alignment range has been fixed (the aircraft is easier to operate on all control types). More precise fuel distribution on the tanks and the order of its consumption has been applied (first will be used fuel from the tanks close to the wing console).
- VG.33 - Flight model has been fully updated. The operation of the propeller group and powerplant has been corrected and improved. Wing and fin aerodynamics have been recalculated. The cooling system has been updated (overheating is now less severe).
- Ме 264 - Wing polars with released mechanization have been recalculated. Takeoff and land on all control types is now easier to perform.
- The fire rate for the first priority shells has been adjusted for all ships. A bug where the cannon fired faster "from magazine" (Fletcher, Summer) has been fixed.
- Fire rate from the main calibre cannons has been increased for the following ships:
- Nurnberg - 12 shots per minute
- Akizuki - 21 shots per minute
- Mutsuki - 6 shots per minute
- Kako - 4 shots per minute
- Furutaka - 5 shots per minute
- Agano - 10 shots per minute
- Reloading of spare torpedoes on the Japanese destroyers has been fixed.
- All US ships that are equipped with the 127mm/38 universal Mk.12 cannon have had the appropriate mounts for these cannons corrected. In accordance with the installation model, the fire rate, ammunition and guidance speed have also been adjusted.
- Battle (D14) - 114mm stern cannon has been added to the main calibre group.
- Battle (D14) - Ammunition for 114mm stern cannon has been corrected. Non relevant modification of anti air armament targeting has been deleted. RP and game currency spent for the research will be returned to the account. The 40mm Bofors have been moved to the category of secondary weaponry.
- The self destruct distance of the AK-726 shells (Pr.159, Pr.35) has been increased.
- IJN Mogami - The traverse angles of the main calibre cannons have been extended. Torpedo sight appearing on the opposite side of aim has been fixed.
- PT-3 - Weaponry setup with torpedoes and depth charges which in the past didn't include torpedoes has been fixed.
- HMS Grafton
- Earlier missing torpedo lead indication has been fixed.
- Ammo use for bomb mortars has been fixed.
- 12.7mm Vickers have been moved from the anti-aircraft group to the auxiliary group. Modification of the improved Anti-Air Armament Targeting has been replaced by the Auxiliary Armament Targeting. In-game currency and RP for the researched modification will be returned to the account.
- 165 ft PC-466 Carmi - The operation of the bomb mortars has been fixed.
- IJN Kiyoshimo - Earlier missing torpedo lead indication has been fixed.
- IJN Kuma, IJN Kako - X-Ray view and the order of torpedo launching have been fixed.
- HMS Southampton - The position of the smoke screen modification in the modification window has been fixed.
- Type-K3/No.1 - Bomb mortar modification which created nothing has been removed. In-game currency and RP for the researched modification will be returned to the account.
- The speed penalty from the destruction of the funnels has been changed from 0.6 to 0.85 of maximum capacity.
- Armour thickness of the 102 mm British Мк. XIX has been changed to 3.175 mm.
- IJN Mogami, IJN Agano - Roll rate on turn has been decreased.
- Vosper series 2 - Maximum speed has been corrected.
- English localization for fuze has been corrected: fuse has been changed to fuze.
- HMS Grafton - Speed information of the ship in its vehicle card has been corrected.
Economy and research
- China's ground forces and air forces are now available for everyone for research.
- The erroneous requirements of receiving of the player's "Japanese Navy" icons has been fixed and changed from 750 damage points to 200,000.
- New limitation for "Roundels and insignias" section decals. They now could be obtained and used only for vehicle of the given nation.
- New mechanics added to the hangar - "Protection analysis for ships". Shot animation is now shown on the vehicle model.
- New option of hiding/showing external armor plates for ships.
- The composition of many sound events has been optimized. Secondary elements of lesser importance have been removed as they were consuming excess resources and contaminating the sound mix.
- The rules for managing groups of sound events have been changed. The prioritization system of sound event launching has been optimized.
- Erroneous elements in sound design for a number of vehicles have been fixed.
- FMOD version has been updated from 1.10.11 to 1.10.17.
- Controlling a helicopter in mouse aim mode you can now set the neutral roll from the keyboard. This allows you for example to aim the helicopter with the mouse and fly sideways at the same time as well as compensate for drift due to propeller pull. To do this you need to activate "Manual roll control" mode.
- Trees are now non transparent for optical sights and guiding devices, for example such as, ADATS or Stormer SPAAGs, or Ka-50 or AH-1Z.
- Trees are now half-transparent for radars. Radar distance shortens for every tree in its scan direction.
Smaller updates that came afterwards
- BR changes for the following aircraft:
- J29D - [SB] 8.7 - > 8.0
- Pyorremyrsky - [SB] 4.3 -> 3.7
- A bug, where the radar detection signal in a helicopter continues to play until the end of the battle has been fixed (source).
- A bug where Hellfire missiles didn't hit the target if they had been launched from cockpit view has been fixed.
- A bug where completed "Enduring Confrontation" missions continued to be displayed in the list of helicopter battles has been fixed.
- A bug where a ship's AI controlled cannons were not producing a firing sound has been fixed.
- Rangefinder information has been added to the MFD (Multi-function display).
- Pyorremyrsky — The animation of the radiator operation has been fixed.
- AMX-30 ACRA — A bug where there were no sounds for reloading and turret rotation has been fixed.
- Phantom FGR.2 — A bug where the cannon shot much lower than the sight aim has been fixed.
- Shells for 20-57 mm automatic cannons: A bug where these shells may not have reached their maximum range has been fixed.
- Type 74G - The night vision modification has been changed from infrared to thermal imaging (for the gunner).
- AMX-30 DCA, Gepard, SIDAM 25, SIDAM 25 Mistral, Chieftain Marksman, Falcon, M163, ZSU-23-4 - A bug where no explosion or fire would occur when destroying the ammunition compartment modification (where the relevant compartment was “blacked out”) has been fixed.
- Centurion Mk.1 / Mk.3 / Mk.10, Sho’t Kal Dalet, Strv 81, Centurion Action X — The structural material making up the partitions between the driver, ammunition cellar, control unit and fighting compartments has been changed. These parts were previously implemented with an erroneous material: “rolled homogeneous armour” and have now been changed to “structural steel”.
- BMP-3 — A bug where the front fuel tank provided unreasonably high protection and couldn’t be penetrated by APFSDS shells has been fixed.
Update 7.11.2019 (188.8.131.52)
- Striker - A bug which caused no circular indicator to appear when reloading/restocking first-order ammo racks has been fixed.
- A bug relating to helicopters where, after locking onto a target and launching a missile at them, it was no longer possible to use the zoom function, has been fixed.
- MiG-21F13 — The weight of the empty aircraft has been reduced by 600 kg according to additional information from the technical documentation of the aircraft (technical description, book 1). Dynamic performance has been improved and the climb rate has been slightly increased.
- Mi-28N - Hover mode in autopilot with full control mode has been added.
- Mi-24, ECC-665, Sa-313, Sa-316, UH-1, AH-1Z - The dead zone of roll and pitch axes for autopilot in hover mode with full controls has been increased to prevent the helicopter from reacting to accidental small deviations of control axes from the zero point.
- In naval battles the gunfire hearing distance has been increased from 3 to 5 kilometres.
- The distance from which the sound of gunfire for ground vehicle cannons can be heard has been increased from 1 to 2 km.
- The distance from which the sound of gunfire for aircraft cannons can be heard has been increased from 1 to 2 km.
- Sound events generation logic has been changed when hitting the player’s ship to optimize resources and remove some errors.
- All sound events for auto cannons in naval and ground vehicles has been changed to optimize resources and remove some errors.
- The sound panorama width for player ground vehicles has been reduced in order to free the sound field for other sounds occurring and positioned around the player.
- The composition of sound events for the chassis of all ground vehicles has been redesigned to increase the clarity of the sound and optimisation of the consumed resources.
|Closed Beta||1.17 · 1.25|
|Open Beta||1.27 · 1.29 · 1.31 · 1.33 · 1.35 · 1.37 · 1.39 · 1.41 · 1.43 · 1.45 · 1.47 · 1.49 · 1.51 · 1.53 · 1.55 · 1.57 · 1.59 · 1.61 · 1.63|
|Release||1.65 · 1.67 · 1.69 · 1.71 · 1.73 · 1.75 · 1.77 · 1.79 · 1.81 · 1.83 · 1.85 · 1.87 · 1.89 · 1.91 · 1.93|