|This page is about the aircraft NC.900. For other uses, see Fw 190 (Disambiguation)|
The NC.900 is a gift Rank III French fighter with a battle rating of 5.3 (AB/SB) and 5.0 (RB). It was introduced during Update 1.75 "La Résistance" in the 2017 "Festive Quest" that took place between 22 December 2017 to 22 January 2018. It was obtained via completing 13 pilot’s Christmas toys.
The NC.900 is the French version of the Fw 190 A-8 which features many of the same characteristics as the late Focke-Wulf Anton fighters.
| Max Speed
(km/h at ?,000 m)
| Max altitude
| Turn time
| Rate of climb
| Max Speed
(km/h at ?,000 m)
|Max altitude (meters)||Turn time (seconds)|| Rate of climb
|Take-off run (meters)|
|Combat flap||Take-off flap||Landing flap||Air brakes||Arrestor gear|
| Wing-break speed
| Gear limit
| Combat flap
|Max Static G|
|< ???||< ???||< ???||> ???|
|Optimal altitude||100% Engine power||WEP Engine power|
|?,??? m||??? hp||?,??? hp|
Survivability and armour
- 57 mm Bulletproof glass in front of the cockpit.
- 3-5 mm Steel plates in front of oil cooling system.
- 6 mm Steel plate under the radial engine.
- 12 mm Steel plate in pilot's headrest, and a 8 + 6 mm steel plates behind the pilot.
- 8 mm Steel plate under the cockpit.
- 5 mm Steel plate behind the fuel tank.
The NC.900 is armed with:
- 4 x 20 mm MG 151/20 cannon (140 rpg outer + 250 rpg inner = 780 total)
- 2 x 13 mm MG 131 machine gun (400 rpg = 800 total)
The four cannons are arranged in bundles of two mounted in each wing. The two outward most cannons have 110 lest rpg compared to the two innermost cannons and will run empty first. The two machine guns are mounted in the nose of the aircraft have the same amount of ammunition and if continuously fired will deplete at the same time.
Usage in the battles
Flying the NC.900 tends to be very defensive and relies on neutralizing an enemy's energy advantage and capitalizing on the plane's advantages. Maneuvers that work well include the Split-S, Chandelle and anything that requires a high rate of roll. One of these its dive and roll in a single direction whilst applying rudder, this causes a very tight barrel roll that few aircraft can hope to gain a firing solution on. Another way to clear the NC.900's six is to pitch steeply up and roll over forcing an overshoot and potentially giving a firing solution. It's possible to dismember superior aircraft simply because of the roll rate and firepower this plane possesses. If skilled enough to press for a gun solution when scissoring an enemy, it could be greatly rewarded.
In summary, climb to the side, BnZ steadily, never get in a sustained turn fight, and use the roll rate to outgame the enemy when cornered.
Manual Engine Control
|Not controllable|| Controllable
|Controllable||Not controllable||Combined||Controllable||Not controllable|
Pros and cons
- Great roll rate at moderate speeds.
- Great energy retention (Though somewhat poor compared to Spitfire mk 9s in the b/z role).
- Heavy armament.
- Plenty of ammunition.
- Well armored from the front.
- Easy to land with mouse aim due to the higher stall speed.
- Small and rugged air-frame.
- Is sometimes viewed as a "free" score, causing enemies to commit fatal mistakes.
- Poor acceleration.
- Poor sustained turn.
- Rate of climb is bad.
- Poor at altitude performance.
- One of the slowest Rank III fighters.
- Very bricky to fly in general.
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the aircraft in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too big, take it to a separate article, taking a link to an article about the vehicle and adding a block "/ historical reference" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/Name-vehicles/historical reference) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to include links to sources at the end of the article.
An excellent addition to the article will be video guides, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example,
- reference to the series of the aircraft;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- page on aircraft encyclopedia;
- other literature.
|Dewoitine||D.371 · D.371 H.S.9 · D.373 · D.500 · D.501 · Pallier's D.510 · D.520|
|Morane-Saulnier||M.S.405C1 · M.S.406C1 · M.S.410|
|Twin-engine||Potez 630 · Potez 631 · S.O.8000 Narval|
|American||H-75A-1 · H-75A-4 · ▄F6F-5 Hellcat · ▄F6F-5N · ▄P-63C-5 Kingcobra · F4U-7 Corsair · ▄F8F-1B Bearcat|
|Other countries||▄Yak-3 · Challe's ▄Yak-9T · NC.900|