Update 1.37 (changelog) (changelog with correct formatting) was introduced on 18 December 2013. It is most notable for completely reworking the progression system (old 20 tier system replaced with 5 ranks). The update also added Custom Battles, 8 new maps, and reworked over 70 flight models.
- 1 New Vehicles
- 2 Game Changes
- 3 Smaller updates that came afterwards
- A New player’s progression system, see details in Developers’ Diaries
- Any researched but un-purchased aircraft from 1.35 can be purchased without researching and upgrading previous planes in a line.
- “Custom battles” are now hosted on dedicated servers.
- “Custom Battles” can now have up to 32 players in one battle.
- “Dynamic Campaign” allows a player to choose a historical period in which the mission will take place.
- Planes for the “Dynamic Campaign” Missions are chosen by the server. Players have an opportunity to fly aircraft they have not bought/researched yet.
- Cooperative mode in Dynamic Campaign and Quick editor is temporarily removed; it will be returned a little bit later, reworked and improved.
- Distance for “highlighting” of ground targets in Simulation Mode (previously known as FRB) is reduced by 1 km.
- New options for purchasing Golden Eagles (more variants of GE packages have been added).
- Bots now do not fly biplanes only - they use aircraft of different types and ranks.
- The “Marker” system has been changed. If an enemy has a higher altitude than you, it will be harder for him to define the type of your aircraft against the ground (distance to recognize aircraft type has been reduced by 20% when the plane is against the ground).
- Game modes have been renamed: Historical Battles are now known as Realistic Battles, Full Real Battles are renamed to Simulator Battles
- In the player profile the level and miliatry rank(Prestige) are displayed. Military Ranks(Prestige) are awarded for reaching certain levels.
- Aircraft and battle settings in “Custom battles” can be changed by the host without exiting the game room and closing the session
- Modification window interface changed, research tree interface changed
- New render with DirectX 11 support.
- Graphics for all maps and locations have been reworked.
- Models and cockpits for certain aircraft have been fixed.
- Visual models for the I-16 type 18 and the I-16 type 28 have been fixed.
- Pilot indicator is added for air brake status, the modifications are mounted on the wings Ju.87 B-2, R-2, D-3 and D-5;
- Changed the reflex sight on D.520, N1K2-J, N1K2-Ja;
- Fixed and fully functional counters for ammunition status on the Bf.109 series (Exception is a numerical counter in the Emil, others have visual indicators);
- Added ammunition counter bar indicators on all aircraft series Fw.190, the A-5/U2 , F-8, as well as on the A-5 (shows ammo MG-FF) and A-8 (not functioning due to the absence of pendant arms);
- Added the ability to put on the ground adjusted trim tabs. (Which cannot be adjusted in flight);
- Improved rendering of fire, explosions and smoke ;
- Added a new effect for burning fuel tanks . Each fuel tank has its own fire effect.
- Reduced volume of sound effects for aerobatic smoke;
- Added sound effect for indication of game start whilst client is minimized;
- Optimization of sound interface parameters;
- Fixed sound settings of multiple bullet hits on the player aircraft;
- Added new sound effects for the gun BK-7,5 inside and outside the cockpit;
- Added new sound effects for the gun Vickers Class S inside and outside the cockpit.
Changes in DM
- Fixed the damage model for the XP-55
- Wellington ( all models) - Fixed the damage model of the fuselage
- Fixed the damage model for the D.520 and D.521
- Fixed the damage model for wings of IL-2 , IL-2M , IL-10
Changes in FM
- Flight models partially adjusted or completely corrected according to datasheets/passports
- A6M3 mod 22
- A6M3 mod 22ko
- Havock Mk I
- I-16 type 18
- I-16 type 28
- Typhoon Mk-Ia
- Typhoon Mk. Ib
- Typhoon Mk. Ib/L
- I-15 bis
- I-15 WR
- I-15 М-22
- I-15 K
- I-185 М-82
- P-26A-34 M2
- Tempest Mk. II
- Tempest Mk. V
- Tempest Mk V (Vickers P)
- P-36A Rasmussen’s
- Spitfire L.F. IX
- SB-2 M-100
- I-153 М62
- I-153 P
- Ki-84 ko
- Ki-84 otsu
- Ki-84 hei
- Swordfish Mk.I
- He 51 A-1
- He 51 B-1
- He 51 C-1
- Bf.109 E-1
- Bf.109 E-3
- Bf.109 F-1
- Bf.109 F-2
- Bf.109 F-4
- Bf.109 F-4/trop
- Bf.109 G-10
- Bf.109 K-4
- Beaufighter Mk VIc
- Hs.129 B-2
- Hs.129 B-3
- Corrected and updated
- Hs.129B- 2 (B- 3) : added startup of the engines smoke effect, jet wash moment (compression model) for counter-rotating propellers removed ; FM configured according to datasheet/passport data ;
- For many planes adjusted effect of engine overheating . Permanent engine overheating leads to the gradual destruction of aircraft propulsion units, until the engine stops. Engine damage is indicated in the interface damage indicator (paper doll) - pink, red and black motor;Implemented in simulation and realistic mode
- Many aircraft corrected fuel consumption according to datasheet/passport data and modes of operation of the engine;
- For all aircraft included the effect of heaviness of rudder at high speeds (the higher the speed of the aircraft, the higher the pressure of the oncoming air, the more resistance is needed to overcome). Implemented in simulation and realistic mode
Weapons and modifications
- United States
- Added M10 for guiding planes P-39N-0 , P-39Q-5 , P-51D-5 , P-51D-20 NA, P-51D-30 , P-47D-28 , A-20G-30 ;
- Added HVAR missiles for the F-86 Sabre ( all versions) ;
- Fixed bomb load for internal bomb bay B-17E (6x1000 pounds instead 8x1000 pounds );
- Fixed bomb load for internal bomb bay B-17G (4x1000 pounds instead 8x1000 pounds );
- Expanded bombing armament on P-63A-10;
- Fixed calculation of the weight of bombs for U.S. ;
- Fixed vertical angle aiming for the top turret B-24D;
- United Kingdom
- Tempest Mk.V: added 250 - pound bombs under the wings on pylons ;
- Tempest Mk.II: added 2x250- 2x500 pound and pound bombs under the wings on pylons ;
- Wellington ( all models) : expanded bombing loadouts ;
- Lancaster: expanded bombing loadouts ;
- Beaufighter Mk.X: 12,7 mm M2 Browning machine guns replaced by 7.7 mm machine guns Browning;
- Fixed calculation of the weight of bombs for Britain ;
- Added preset 2x936kg torpedoes for He.111H-6 ;
- Added modification pendant arms BK-3.7 for HS.129B-2 ;
- Removed 500kg bombs at Bf.109 series G;
- Number SM.79, available for purchase, reduced to 4 . Withdrawn from sale versions: S. 79 1937 and S. 79 1942 ;
- Modification to U4 Me.410 now has , in addition to 50mm BK 5 gun , two 20mm MG 151 cannon ;
- Ammunition BK 5 increased by 1 shell - a shell being charged in the breech ;
- Ammunition Ju.87G-1 increased from 6 to 12 shells per barrel ;
- Added 20mm motor gun for Bf.109G-6. Standing motor 30mm gun is now available as a retrofit ;
- Added BK 7,5 gun caliber 75 mm (for gunship Hs.129B-3);
- Added 13 mm machine gun instead of 7.92-mm machine gun on Me.410B-1/U2.
- Ammunition guns MG-FF Aircraft Fw. 190A-5/U2 changed from 60- to 90 shells per barrel ;
- Added 15 mm MG 151 cannon version ( for fighters Bf.109F-2);
- New Yak-9UT got 37mm and 45mm hydraulic gun ;
- I-185 ( M-82 ) got rockets and bombs .
- La-5 - removed modification " Rear Armour plate ";
- Fixed ammunition for machine guns ShKAS the Il-10 (750 on the breech );
- Number of SB-2 , available for purchase, reduced to 4 . Withdrawn from sale versions: SB-2M-103 MB-3, SB-2M-103U;
- Number of Yer-2, available for purchase, reduced to 4. Withdrawn from sale versions: Yer-2 M-105 TAT and Yer-2 M-105R TAT.
- All planes of the line A6M "Zero" have the opportunity to bear 2x60kg bombs under the wings ;
- Ruler Ki-84 has the ability to b under the wings 2x50 or 2x250kg bombs ;
- Ki-43*2 has the ability to bear 2x50, 2x100 or 2x250kg under the wings ;
- Ki-61*lb and Ki*61*lc can now bear 2x50, 2x100 or 2x250kg under the wings ;
- N1K2-J - has the ability to bear under the wings 2x250 kg bomb load ;
- Fixed calculation of the weight of bombs for Japan;
- Ammunition for guns Ho-5 aircraft Ki-96 and Ki-102 increased from 200 to 400 shells;
- H6K4 - removed army bomb type 92;
- Striking effect of bombs 50 - 250kg and rockets of all calibers changed to realistic values given in terms of effect on armoured targets :
- Rockets caliber 82-114 mm ( RS82 , M8) may destroy medium tanks only with direct hit , heavy tanks are not affected ;
- Rockets caliber 127mm - 152mm ( RS-132 , HVAR, RP- 3) destroy medium tanks within 1.5-2m , heavy - with a direct hit ;
- 100 lbs bombs (50kg) - perhaps can destroy medium tanks within 2 - 3m, heavy - with only a direct hit ;
- 250 lbs bombs. (100kg) - possibly destroy medium tanks within 4-6m, heavy - within 2-4m ;
- 500 lbs. bombs (250kg) - possibly destroy medium tanks within 6-8m, heavy tanks - within 4-6m .
- Torpedoes performance chaged according to their characteristics:
- Torpedo Mk.XII - maximum drop height of 40 m
- F200- 450 torpedoes and F5W (licensed copy of Italian with the same performance characteristics) - the maximum drop height - 120m.
- Torpedo 45 - 36AN obr.1939 year - the maximum drop height of 45m.
- Torpedo Mk.13 - early sample (without box stabilizer) - maximum drop height - 30 m;
- Torpedo Mk.13 - late sample (box- stabilizer) - maximum drop height - 250 m
- Torpedo Type 91 mod.2 and mod.3 - maximum drop height - 300m.
Mission and maps
- New maps
- [Operation] The defense of Stalingrad
- [Operation] Saipan
- [Ground Strike] Ironridge
- [Ground Strike] Albion ( for low levels )
- [Ground Strike] Sandy Beach
- [Domination] Sicily
- All Ground Strike missions for the arcade have zones for bombing. Destruction of each zone takes 10% victory points off the opposing team.
- Missions [ Operation ] Kuban , [ Operation ] Ruhr, [ Operation ] Ardennes, [ Operation ] Berlin , a number of changes aimed at increasing the role of bombers and attackers. In particular:
- Reducing the amount of land held units, affecting the victory points. These are “ heavy class” units , which can only be destroyed by bombs, missiles and large-caliber guns;
- Added zones for bombing. Destruction of each zone takes 10% victory points off the opposing team;
- Completing mission tasks takes 10% victory points off the opposing team;
- Adjustment of ground vehicle movement to improve the balance and greater dispersal techniques on the map;
- Bombers and attack aircraft in the air mission start being closer to enemy ground units, so they will be able to at least have one effective attack.
- Added Korean theater, which includes three new missions: “Storm Warning ", “Hunting Blind “and "Dangerous Intelligence."
- In the mission of the Pacific theater of battle added: “The Battle of Saipan," “Battle of Guam” and "The Battle of Iwo Jima "
- Fixed some Crashes and freezes in client.
Smaller updates that came afterwards
|Closed Beta||1.17 · 1.25|
|Open Beta||1.27 · 1.29 · 1.31 · 1.33 · 1.35 · 1.37 · 1.39 · 1.41 · 1.43 · 1.45 · 1.47 · 1.49 · 1.51 · 1.53 · 1.55 · 1.57 · 1.59 · 1.61 · 1.63|
|Release||1.65 · 1.67 · 1.69 · 1.71 · 1.73 · 1.75 · 1.77 · 1.79 · 1.81 · 1.83 · 1.85 · 1.87 · 1.89 · 1.91 · 1.93 · 1.95|