Update 1.59 “Flaming Arrows”
- 1 New vehicles
- 2 Game changes
- 3 Smaller updates that came afterwards
- Raketenjagdpanzer 2
- Sturer Emil
- Pz. III Ausf. B (reserve)
- KV-II 754(r) (premium)
- T-34-747(r) (premium)
- Port Novorossiysk
- New location for aircraft battles 80 x 80 Miles (128 x 128 km), covering the coast of Britain, France and the English Channel (La Manche).
- New aircraft mission: [Operation] Boulogne-sur-Mer devoted to an attempt to evacuate French troops from the port of Boulogne-sur-Mer at the end of May 1940 during the Battle of France.
- New combined battle missions that feature parts of the locations that were not previously used: Fields of Poland, Sands of Tunisia.
Changes in Locations & Missions
- Spawn distance for fighters and attackers has been changed for all “ground strike” battles:
- BR 1.0-2.0: 8,000 m between spawns (no change, was 8,000)
- BR 2.3-4.0: 12,000 m between spawns (was 10,000)
- BR 4.3-6.0: 16,000 m between spawns (was 14,000)
- BR 6.3+: 22,000 m between spawns (was 14,000)
- Distance between bombers when spawning in “ground strike” battles changed to 20,000 m (was 18,000).
- Bombing target areas and airfield destruction functionality has been added in “Front Line” in Arcade Battles as heavy bombers require adequate targets.
- In “Ground Strike” mode, where the bombing zones were too close to the main battle area, these zones have been moved away to allow bombers increased security.
- Accuracy of AAA has been decreased in Arcade Mode.
- In “Domination” mode on the old version of the location Mozdok has been returned.
- The distance between spawn points for aircraft of BR 6.3+ has been increased to 19,000 m in 'Domination' mode.
- New “Domination’ missions: Ardennes (2 airfields), Eastern Europe (2 airfields), Finland (1 airfield)
- In the mission “Berlin” [Domination] capture airfields have been rotated by 90 degrees to give easier to approach.
- All “Ground Strike” missions now have same number of bomb zones and their size has been increased by approximately 200m so that they can be easier bombed from a higher altitude.
- All “Operation” missions now have light units appearing at the 10th minute. These units can be destroyed with MG fire which causes your opponent to lose points. The number of units is enough to remove some of the victory score points but not all of them.
- Winter and Summer Stalingrad map (including combined battle map) have “Barricady” and “Krasnyi Oktyabr’” factories added.
- For all missions in the game mode [Operation], new air respawn points have been added. Respawn points for fighters are further from the mission objectives than the airfield. Respawn points for bombers and attackers are closer. Altitude for respawn points:
- Attackers: 1000 m
- Interceptors: 1000 m
- Air defence fighters: 2000 m
- Bombers: 4000 m
- Long-range bombers: 5000 m
- Five locations have been added to the game mode “Enduring confrontation”: Bulge, Korsun, Kursk, winter Stalingrad and Zhengzhou.
- In “Enduring Confrontation” mode, the amount of bombs that are required to destroy airfields and bombing zones have been increased for all battle ranks.
- Balance changes in the ground vehicles location “Kuban”.
- Balance changes in the ground vehicles location “Poland”.
- Balance changes in the ground vehicles location “Tunisia”.
- Balance changes in the ground vehicles location “Berlin”.
- New mission for game mode [Conquest] for tank location “Mozdok” has been added.
- Eastern Europe and Normandy for SB mode have been changed. Some zones that either had specific bugs or granted an advantage to one side have been reduced by approximately 100 metres.
- New hangar added for aircraft and tanks
- [The old hangar will be enabled for “old video card support” mode.]
New 3D Decorations
Additional armour modules added for the following vehicles
Economy & Development
- The requirement to have previous vehicles in specific aircraft and ground vehicle branches between ranks 1-2 and 2-3 has been removed.
- Temporary change introduced for two months in Research Point requirements for some aircraft (this was later made permanent)
- KV-1B 756(r) BR has been reduced to 5.0 in all modes
- Centurion Mk III has been reduced to 6.3 in all modes.
- Some aircraft of the 5th rank have been merged in groups:
- MiG-9 and MiG-9 P
- P-80A-5 and F-80C-10
- F-86A-5 and F-86F-25
- Meteor F. Mk.3 and Sea Meteor F. Mk.3.
- "Desert" camouflages for early German tanks has been added.
- "Three-colour", "Desert three-colour", "Desert two-colour" and "Winter two-colour" camouflages for all Soviet ground vehicles have been added.
- "El Alamein" and "North African two-colour" camouflages have been added for all british ground vehicles.
Changes in Damage Models
- Ricochet chances at acute or obtuse angles with large differences between calibre/armour thickness have been changed.
- For AP and APHE rounds: where the calibre exceeds the armour thickness by over x2.5 the ricochet chance is 0% if the angle of impact is 24 degrees or more from the plane of the armour. If the calibre exceeds the armour thickness by x3, then the ricochet chance is 0% if the angle of impact is 21 degrees or more from the plane of the armour.
- For APHEBC, APBC, APC, APCBC rounds where the calibre exceeds the armour thickness by over x2.5 the ricochet chance is 0% if the angle of impact is 23 degrees or more from the plane of the armour. If the calibre exceeds the armour thickness by x3, then the ricochet chance is 0% if the angle of impact is 20 degrees or more from the plane of the armour.
- Side skirts for all vehicles which are based on the chassis of the King Tiger have been added to the damage model.
- Side skirts for the Hetzer have been added to the damage model.
Changes in Ground Vehicles
- The 105 mm T13 (APCBC-HE) projectile has been added for the T29 heavy tank as well as for the T28 and T95 SPGs.
- Additions and fixes in the sound dubbing during tutorial.
Changes in Flight Models
- Separate engine control has been implemented (works only for manual control).
- WEP boost for all jets in Arcade Battles has been reduced from 10% to 5%, except for the Yak-15 and the Yak-17, which still have a 10% boost.
- Airplanes agility have been increased in “Simplified” and “Mouse-Aim” modes.
- Combined usage of the air brakes and flaps has been implemented.
- Automatic flap operation has been reworked: flaps extend to landing position only after release of landing gear, flaps extend to takeoff position for takeoff from the water. Simplified (one key) flaps toggling has been * changed.
- Air flow over the tail for multi-engined aircraft has been fixed. When some engines are switched off these aircraft are now more stable, especially on the ground.
- Wheel brakes efficiency has been tuned.
- Piston engine parameters for non fully opened throttle settings have been tuned.
- Fuel tank consumption order has been introduced for some aircraft which have fuel tanks based on distance from center of gravity. The fuel is consumed from furthest tanks first and then from the nearer tanks in order to * * keep the aircraft as maneuverable as possible and to reduce the risk of fire after being hit by enemy fire.
- А6М2 mod 11 - Flight model has been reworked. Separate control of oil cooler and engine cooling shutters has been enabled. Inertia moments based on the weight data. Details on data sheet.
- Ki-84 (all modifications) - Flight model has been reworked. Separate control of oil cooler and engine cooling shutters has been enabled. Inertia moments based on the installed weaponry have been recalculated.
- D.520/521 - Flight model has been reworked. Separate control of oil cooler and engine cooling shutters has been enabled
- I-185 (all modifications), P-51a (Thunder League) - bug which leads under certain conditions to aircraft uncontrollable rotation in arcade mode, in mouse aim mode, has been fixed.
- LaGG-3-8/11 - Braking force on the wheels has been modified. Control during taxiing has been improved.
- Blenheim Mk.IV - Control during taxiing has been improved.
- Yak-1/9 (all modifications) - Wrong type of flap controlling has been fixed. These modifications have from now two positions, landing flaps has been deleted (as well using of the intermediate positions which was incorrect).
- Bf 109 (all modifications) - Flight models have been reworked. Distance for take-off has been increased. Max speed on roll rate has been decreased, max speed for roll rate is shifted towards higher flight speed. * * * * * * Aerodynamics, engines and thermodynamics have been adjusted.
- SBD-3 - Flight model has been reworked. Combined airbrake mode has been turned on. By released flaps airbrake control will be blocked and with a released airbrake, flap control will be blocked.
- Fw 190D (all modifications) - Polar aircraft components have been updated (wings, tail, fuselage). The work of the propeller group has been updated, thermodynamics has been implemented. The dynamics of acceleration in * horizontal flight has been increased.
- Ta 152 (all modifications) - Thermodynamics of the aircraft has been updated (automatic operation of the radiators has been improved). Behavior while using mouse aim has been improved. The “Combat” position for flaps as a consequence of using hydraulic wing mechanization has been added. Now these aircraft have 4 flap positions: “Off”; “Combat”; “Take-off” and “Landing”. Fuel tank use order has been introduced.
- Me 262c-1a and Me 262c-2b - rocket boosters are now fully controllable, so you can start and stop them many times.
- Me 262a-1a, Me 262a-1a-4, Me 262c-1a - Fuel tank use order has been introduced.
- Ju 87D-5 - By selecting bombing ordnance, air brakes will be available for use. When selecting outboard cannons or machine guns, the airbrake will not be available.
- Ме 410-А/B (all modifications) - Flight models have been updated. Takeoff distance has been increased. Maximum roll rate speed has been reduced, maximum roll rate is now achieved at a higher airspeed. Aerodynamics, engines and thermodynamics have been adjusted.
- Ki-61 (all modifications) - Flight models have been updated. Aerodynamics, engines and thermodynamics have been adjusted.
- F-86 (all modifications) - Thermodynamic engine model has been updated, handling behaviour has been corrected, the possibility of entering a spin has been reduced, and handling in Arcade Battles has been improved. Fuel tank use order has been introduced.
- Yak-15/17- Fuel tank use order has been introduced.
- Yak-15/17, Arado-234 (all modifications), He-162, Me-262 (all modifications), MiG-9 (all modifications) - Thermodynamics and throttle engine performance has been corrected (dependency of the thrust from speed has been clarified).
- MiG-15/bis, 17 - Pitching moment when releasing air brakes has been added (to ease the conclusion of a dive in higher Mach speed).
- Sea Venom Faw.20, Venom FB-4, Vampire FB-5. Fuel tank use order has been introduced.
- Ki-61-2 - Has been initially configured according to the data sheet.
- Wyvern - Has been initially configured according to the [https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/315763-westland-wyvern-s4/ data sheet.
- Halifax Mk. III - Has been initially configured according to the data sheet.
- Hs 123a - Has been initially configured according to the data sheet.
- Тu-4 - Has been initially configured according to the data sheet.
- Yak-30 - Has been initially configured according to the data sheet.
- N1K1 - Has been initially configured according to the data sheet.
- B-18а - Has been initially configured according to the data sheet.
- He 219A-7 - Has been initially configured according to the data sheet.
Smaller updates that came afterwards
- Bug fixed: tank shots were able to incorrectly penetrate buildings that shouldn't allow penetration.
- Binocular view position for T29 has been fixed.
- Client stability has been improved.
- Halifax Mk III rear tail gun turret depression has been fixed.
- British .303 cal offensive armament belts for aircraft has been corrected:
- The "Default" belts has had “Ball - omni-purpose bullet” removed
- Within the “Universal” belts, one AP bullet has been replaced by AP-I
- Within the “Tracer” belts, one of the Tracers has been replaced with AP-I
- Within the “Stealth” belts, one of the AP rounds has been replaced with AP-I
- Air-cooled engines are now more vulnerable against projectiles.
- IT-1 now has correct rate of fire of 5 rounds per minute according to “Техника и Вооружение” №2010-03, “Дракон, испепеляющий танки - ИТ-1”, стр.18).
- Animation of the 3M7 rotation has been added.
- The Battle Rating of the Tu-4 has been increased in all modes to 7.0
- The Battle Rating of the ASU-57 has been decreased in Realistic Battles to 4.3
- Number of bombers per team in RB is limited: 4 bombers maximum.
- A bug, which caused the game to crash when starting the client using Linux with Intel drivers, has been fixed.
- Client stability has been improved.
Economy and development
- Hs-123 - Type of aircraft has been changed from fighter to attacker.
- Wyvern S4 - The order and visual placement for the modifications within the research window has been changed.
- Kinetic damage for 12.7 and 13mm ammo has been fixed, “practice ball” and tracer rounds have had their damage increased and now is closer to Ap and AP-I rounds’ damage, whilst retaining the differences in penetration values and ballistics.
- Kinetic damage for 12.7х81 and 13х64 rounds has been increased.
- Lower turret armour thickness of the IS-3 changed from 130mm to 200mm.
Changes in Flight Models
- Fw-190 D9, D12, D13 - Fuel tank use priority has been introduced. Rear tank will be used first followed by the front mounted fuel tank.
- Do-335 A0, A1, B2 - Change as the Fw-109 D9 series. Wing tanks will be used first followed by the (A0) fuselage tank then the main fuel tank. Feathering of the propellers has been added, this allows flight with a single engine with the documented speed. Combat flap position has been disabled.
- Hs-123 A1 - Bug with small negative overload has been fixed. Wing box durability with negative overloads has been increased.
- I-185 М82, М71 - Fuel tank use priority has been introduced. The rear tank will be accessed first, followed by the centre tank.
- BB-1, Su-2 MV-5, TSS-1, М82 - Flight model has been updated. All parameters adjusted according to documentation. Weight, fuel, polars of all elements, durability (allowable overload) and centreing have been specified. Thermodynamics and priority of fuel tank usage (wing tanks first) have been updated.
- Ki-61 (all modifications) - a bug that could cause stalling in some cases in AB has been fixed. Maximum dive speed has been increased to 770 km/h (IAS).
- Ki-83 - fuel tank usage priority has been added. 1 - outer wing tanks, 2 - wing-root tanks 3 - rear fuselage tank 4 - central fuselage tank.
- He-162, Arado-234c-3, Mig-9/9p, Me-262c-2b - Overheating on high temperature maps has been fixed.
- Yak-15/17, Yak-30D - aircraft stability whilst flying at high speed and using mouse-aim has been improved.
- La-5 - aircraft info card has been updated. Now all values shown reflect the aircraft’s performance in game.
Five locations have been activated in “Enduring confrontation” game mode: Bulge, Korsun, Kursk, Stalingrad winter and Zhengzhou.
- Additional achievements for British ground forces have been added.
- The requirements for being awarded some achievements (for aircraft and for ground forces, for example - decals) have been reworked.
Main cannon targeting depends on data coming from 3 main markers - two original and one newly added:
- Large central marker. It does not show where the cannon is aiming, but it shows “the view” from the player and defines a point where the cannon will be “loosely” pointing.
- New transparent marker. This marker analyzes possible obstacles and shows a point where the cannon will be directed after it stops aiming. It follows the large marker but also takes possible obstacles, gun deflection and elevation angle limits into account.
- Small opaque marker. It shows where the cannon is aimed at that moment, once it meets the new transparent marker you can be sure that it will hit the target, not an obstacle.
- The 4 bomber limit for RB has been fixed and is working as intended. This fix also takes into account Join In Progress players so they don't violate the limit.
- In the “Economy” tab, you can now see information about purchases for Golden Eagles.
- Wyvern - A bug, whereby the engine could not be repaired if the propellor was damaged, has been fixed.
- A bug, where if a tank was lit on fire by one player, and then the engine was critically damaged by a second player, the second player would score the kill, has been fixed.
- Client stability has been improved.
- The rendering of shadows on trees and bushes has been improved.
- A bug that caused the incorrect display of RP in the statistics after battle, has been fixed.
- A rare bug, whereby second-generation ATGMs would fire rounds from above the middle of the crosshair, has been fixed.
- Incorrect values of constructive angles of inclination on some ground vehicles, while viewing armour in the x-ray mode, have been fixed.
- A bug, in which the effects of firing into an ammo rack would not correctly show, has been fixed.
- Client stability has been improved.
- “Camouflage” decorations (all 6 pieces in the category) have been removed from sale.
- New “Camouflage” decorations (Bunch of Branches (birch)" and "Bunch of dry Bushes") have been added.
- A bug when a player’s aircraft received considerable or even critical damage caused by its own bombs if the aircraft was on the fringes of fragment distribution has been fixed.
- The spawn altitude for bombers has been changed (now it is 4,500 for strategic bombers and 3,500 for all other bombers).
- Airfield durability in all air AB and RB missions has been increased - a slight increase for low rank battles and a significant increase for high rank battles.
- [Battle] mode has been added for tank map ‘Novorossiysk’ in RB and SB.
- Battle zones of the Hurtgen forest location have been reduced in AB.
- In “Enduring Confrontation” mode, the time freeze on vehicles of the highest BR for the game session has been decreased to 30 minutes.
- In “Enduring Confrontation” mode, you are now able to participate in a battle without waiting for a timer in vehicles with a BR less than the minimum needed to join the game session: for the 2nd and 3rd rank, 0.3 lower than the requirement can be used; for the 4th and 5th rank 0.3-0.6 lower than the the requirement is allowed. Joining still requires at least one vehicle of the outlined BR requirements of the match.
Changes in Flight Models
- Ju-87 (all modifications) - Three flap positions are now available: 1 - raised, 2 - takeoff, 3 - landing.
Vehicles characteristics and DM updates
- A bug, where missile tanks could shoot despite having a damaged launcher, has been fixed.
- Missiles have been added to the RJpz-2 and IT-1 damage models. Once damaged, they cannot be launched.
- IT1 - This tank destroyer’s aiming camera in AB and RB formally allowed rocket launching while behind cover. Now the camera is situated where the scope was in real life in all modes.
- The absence of additional armouring to the PzKpfw IV Ausf G has been fixed. Now they are available once the respective modification has been researched.
- The absence of the additional armour modification for the following tanks has been fixed: PzKpfw IV Ausf J; M4 748(a); Pz.Bfw.IV; Achilles 65 rg. The Modification is now available for research.
- ASU-57 - A bug which allowed the use of artillery strikes has been fixed.
- PT-76 - The maximum speed has been corrected (44 km/h instead of 42). The rate of fire has been reduced to 7 shots per minute. Source: “Руководство по материальной части и эксплуатации танков ПТ-76 и ПТ-76Б”. Военное издательство Министерства Обороны СССР, 1967. (PT-76 handbook).
- Crusader (all modifications) - The hull rear plate thickness has been corrected from 12mm to 14mm Source: T.D.5911.
- Tiger H1/E, Panther all modifications, Jagdpanther all modifications, T-V - Chassis performance has been corrected. “Wobbling” whilst moving and stopping has been reduced. Source: “The Panther and it’s variants” Walter J.Spielberger. The diagramme from the testing of suspension in Kummersdorf. “The Tiger and it’s variants”, Walter J.Spielberger.
- Penetration values for the ground forces ‘Browning M2HB’ machine gun have been corrected according to MIL-C-3066B, 26 February 1969. FM-23-65 - ‘’Browning Machine Gun Caliber .50 HB, M2’’.
- SU-122-54 - The form of the gun mantlet has been fixed.
- PT-76 - Track animation has been fixed.
- SU-100 - Geometric form has been fixed.
- KV-2 - The position of flames when destroyed has been adjusted.
- SU-152 - The form of the gun mantlet has been fixed.
- ASU-57 - The internal extinguisher is now separated from the body armour.
- Т-34 1941 - The form of the main tank armour has been changed.
- ASU-85 - The positions of the commander and gunner have been changed.
- BT-5 - The form of the main cannon has been fixed.
- PzKpfw V Panther II - A bug with the position of the gunner, where it was possible to hit the gunner without hitting the armour depending on the position of the turret, has been fixed.
- Т-34 (captured) - Minor bugs in the armour geometry have been fixed. Added a gap in the armour of the turret top under the commander’s cupola.
- Yak-30 - The form of the fuel tank model and damage has been fixed.
- Do.17Z-7, Do.17Z-2 - Armour plating thickness and material has been fixed.
- La-7 - Armour plating thickness and material has been fixed.
- Hs.123A-1 - The aircraft classification has been changed
- Wyvern S.4 - A bug, where rockets wing pods wouldn’t affect performance, has been fixed.
- A bug, where the degree of incline of anti-aircraft guns for some tanks were limited to the degree of incline of the respective tank’s main cannon, has been fixed.
- A bug, where switching from the gunner’s view to the binoculars view would result in the camera starting in a different direction, has been fixed.
- After launching a guided missiles from a capable vehicle, the player will lose control of the missile if they switch to the commander view (binocular view).
- Client stability has been improved.
Client Update 184.108.40.206
- The algorithm of the indicator of the armour piercing and ballistic computer operation in arcade battles has been changed. Now the indicator of the armour piercing works up to the 800m range and the ballistic computer works up to the 1200m range.
- The logic for gunner view camera operation has been changed for all game modes. Now the camera is not connected tightly to the sight point and the field of view can be moved within a small range of movement.
Server Update 01.07.2016
- Creating a squad is now possible before joining chat. A chat channel will now be created after squad creation.
- Players that have been Invited to a squad are now displayed in the squad widget as buttons with icons.
- A squad leader may now revoke an invitation as long as it hasn't been accepted.
- The maximum number of invites sent will be equal to the number of free places in the squad. The Maximum squad size is 4 members and therefore maximum invites available is 3.
- When a player goes offline, the player will not automatically leave the squad. But his status in the squad widget will be marked in gray for other squad members.
- SS11 missile (RJpz-2 and Strv 81) performance has been fixed - previously a missile reached its maximum speed at the maximum shot range. Engine thrust has been increased, thus a missile reaches a speed of 150 m/s within the first 1000 metres.
- The efficiency of the 30mm HE shells (aircraft cannons) has been increased, especially when hitting smaller aircraft (single engine).
- BR changes for aircraft and ground vehicles have been implemented.
- It is possible now to purchase 3D Decorations, three branches in the group camouflage (as one bunch pieces) in the in-game shop, which were previously only available in the warbond shop.
Changes in Flight Model
- N1K1-Ja - A bug, which would lead to having less fuel loading than had been selected, has been fixed.
- Ho.229 V3 - Throttle characteristics, thermodynamics, and the order of fuel tank use (by minimum filling of the tanks in the front) have been adjusted.
- Hunter F.1 - The retention of energy while turning has been improved. The thermodynamics and order of fuel tank use have been adjusted.
- A7M2 - Maneuverability and controllability on the mouse aiming control mode have been improved.
- Ki-44-II (all modifications) - Characteristics, according to passport data, have been updated. The maximum speed of 605 km/h can now be reached with 100% WEP.
- Il-2 (all modifications) - Flight model has been updated. Ability to exit from a dive has been improved. The order of fuel tank use has been adjusted. Landing flaps now provide more lift (especially on the single pilot variants). Detailed specifications can be found on the passport office section on the Official War Thunder Forums (Currently under maintenance).
- Rare bug fixed, where in some mountain locations it was possible that aircraft could spawn at the start of a match directly in front of rock.
- PS4: The camera position of the gunner on the “Archer” has been fixed.
- Optimisation of Matchmaking Rules.
- MAC: Client stability has been improved.