14 х FFAR Mighty Mouse rocketsSetup 6
4 х 750 lb M117 cone 45 bombSetup 8
The F-100D is a Rank VI American jet fighter with a battle rating of 9.7 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update 1.85 "Supersonic" and was one of the first three jets to feature guided air-to-air missiles, the other two being the MiG-19PT and the Javelin F.(A.W.) Mk.9. The F-100D is the top-rank aircraft in the American fighter line-up.
| Max Speed
(km/h at 10668 m)
| Max altitude
| Turn time
| Rate of climb
| Max Speed
(km/h at 10,668 m)
|Max altitude (meters)||Turn time (seconds)|| Rate of climb
|Take-off run (meters)|
|Combat flap||Take-off flap||Landing flap||Air brakes||Arrestor gear|
| Wing-break speed
| Gear limit
| Combat flap
|Max Static G|
|< 640||< 540||< 610||> 300|
|Optimal altitude||100% Engine power||WEP Engine power|
|0 m||4205 kgf||No WEP available|
Survivability and armour
- No armour plating
- No armour glazing
- Critical components located at the front of aircraft (fuel, pilot, engine, controls)
- More fuel tanks located in wings near the fuselage
Main article: Bombs-->
Usage in the battles
Manual Engine Control
|Jet engines do not have controllable parts|
Pros and cons
- Excellent guns that have both high muzzle velocity, ROF, plenty of ammo (200 rpg), and pack a good punch with HE shells.
- Can carry a wide array of suspended armaments of bombs, rockets and missiles.
- Fast and outaccelerates both mig-15 and mig 17's
- Thoroughly unmanuverable, and does absolutely not lend itself to traditional turning dogfights.
- Suffers from severe lockup past the Mach 1 mark.
- Bleeds a lot of energy when trying to turn around at high speed.
- While fast, is still significantly slower in top speed and acceleration than the mig-19PT
- Doesn't do direct-fire CAS well, since at high speeds target acquistion is difficult, and at lower speeds the plane is too unmanuverable and easy pickings for AA.
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the aircraft in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too big, take it to a separate article, taking a link to an article about the vehicle and adding a block "/ historical reference" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/Name-vehicles/historical reference) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to include links to sources at the end of the article.
An excellent addition to the article will be video guides, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example,
- reference to the series of the aircraft;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- page on aircraft encyclopedia;
- other literature.
|USA jet aircraft|
|F-80||F-80A-5 Shooting Star · F-80C-10 Shooting Star|
|F-84||F-84B-26 Thunderjet · F-84G-21-RE|
|F-86||F-86A-5 Sabre · F-86F-25 Sabre · F-86F-2 Sabre · F-86F-35 Sabre|
|F9F||F9F-2 Panther · F9F-5 Panther · F9F-8 Cougar|
|Other||F3D-1 · F2H-2 Banshee · FJ-4B · FJ-4B VMF-232 · F-100D|
|B-57||B-57A Canberra · B-57B Canberra|