The La-200 is a Rank V Russian jet fighter with a battle rating of 8.0 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update 1.77 "Advancing Storm". It is last aircraft in the "Lavochkin end" of the research tree.
| Max Speed
(km/h at ?,000 m)
| Max altitude
| Turn time
| Rate of climb
| Max Speed
(km/h at ?,000 m)
|Max altitude (meters)||Turn time (seconds)|| Rate of climb
|Take-off run (meters)|
|Combat flap||Take-off flap||Landing flap||Air brakes||Arrestor gear|
| Wing-break speed
| Gear limit
| Combat flap
|Max Static G|
|< 600||< 700||< 750||> ???|
|Optimal altitude||100% Engine power||WEP Engine power|
|0 m||2430 kgf||No WEP|
Survivability and armour
Examine the survivability of the aircraft. Note how vulnerable the structure is and how secure the pilot is, whether the fuel tanks are armoured. Describe the armour, if there is any, also mention the vulnerability of other critical aircraft systems.
Describe the offensive armament of the aircraft, if any. Describe how effective the cannons and machine guns are in a battle, and also what belts or drums are better to use. If there is no offensive weaponry, delete this subsection.
Usage in battles
Speed is your greatest advantage. The La-200 can outrun every jet at its BR and even some 9.0 jets. At the beginning of a match try to gather speed as soon as possible. In an 8.0 game, if you accelerate up to about 1000km/h noone will catch you even if they dive on you. You can use your speed to zoom climb and surprise any climbing (or AFK-ing) players. Remember that other fighters will be more maneuverable and that you can't afford taking any hits (top speed drops horribly if you get hit). Always make sure that you have enough energy to run away from the enemy if you miss. And you will miss a lot, the 37mm cannons are hard to lead and quite inaccurate, so I wouldn't recommend using them on long distances. They are, however, extremely effective when they hit (one shot is almost always enough) so it's possible to get many kills without landing.
Manual Engine Control
|Not controllable||Not controllable||Not controllable||Not controllable||Separate||Not ontrollable||Not controllable|
Pros and cons
Summarize and briefly evaluate the vehicle in terms of its characteristics and combat effectiveness. Mark its pros and cons in the bulleted list. Try not to use more than 6 points for each of the characteristics. Avoid using categorical definitions such as "bad", "good" and the like - they have a substitution in the form of softer "inadequate", "effective".
- Extremely high top speed, can outrun everything at its rank and enter supersonic in a dive
- Good acceleration up to 800km/h
- Decent climbrate, great zoom climb capability
- Hard-hitting guns with decent rate of fire
- Second pilot takes over if the first one is knocked out
- Effective airbrake
- Acceleration rate drops significantly above 800 km/h
- Horrible low speed performance
- Top speed drops dreadfully in case of any hull damage
- Elevator locks up at high speeds, can lead to a crash if you're not careful
- Guns are innacurate, hard to lead, and have relatively low ammo count (50 shells for each gun, 150 total)
- Huge target with no armour
- Bad cockpit visibility
- No payload
- Very high landing speed (>240km/h), hard to land even with no damage
- Not very useful when uptiered where its greatest advantage, top speed, is taken away
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the aircraft in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too big, take it to a separate article, taking a link to an article about the vehicle and adding a block "/ History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article.
An excellent addition to the article will be video guides, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the aircraft;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on aircraft;
- other literature.
|USSR jet aircraft|
|Yakovlev||Yak-15 · Yak-15P · Yak-17 · Yak-23 · Yak-30|
|Mikoyan-Gurevich||MiG-9 · MiG-9 (l) · MiG-15 · MiG-15bis · MiG-15bis ISH · MiG-17 · MiG-17AS · MiG-19PT · MiG-21F-13 · MiG-21SMT|
|Lavochkin||La-174 · La-15 · La-200|
|Ilyushin||IL-28 · IL-28Sh|