S-24 is a heavy unguided HE bomb with a rocket motor attached and basic aerodynamic fins and nose cone.
Vehicles equipped with this weapon
The S-24 is a HE rocket type in War Thunder with a peak velocity of 410 m/s and minimal launch angle variance. The S-24, alongside the smaller S-21 and S-1of rockets, are often called "Tiny Ivans" due to their similar usage in ground battles to the Tiny Tim.
HE rocket type with approximately 71 m fragment dispersion radius.
Comparison with analogues
Usage in battles
In War Thunder, the S-24 has a timed fuse so it may be used against aircraft and the strong explosive filler allows it to be used to knock out Ground Vehicles, pillboxes and even ships with 80 mm penetration and a TNT filler of 25.5 kg.
Pros and cons
- Excellent anti-everything tool
- CCIP (Constantly Computed Impact Point) availability can be useful for accurate long range launches
- Fires one-by-one
- Slightly faster than the S-21
- It can take some time getting used to the different ranges which the rocket should be launched from if you intend to hit aircraft
- Rockets dip much more after losing propulsion compared to the S-21
The S-24 was an unguided rocket intended for anti-infantry and other light target ground strikes with a ground proximity fuse which can be set between 3 and 33 metres with a forward direction biased shrapnel spray. Initially, it did not have a proximity fuse, however, this was added later as testing showed over 70% of the shrapnel was uselessly embedded into the ground in the vicinity where the rocket landed.
An excellent addition to the article would be a video guide, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the article about the variant of the weapon;
- references to approximate analogues by other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the weapon;
- other literature.
|70 mm||FFAR Mighty Mouse · Hydra-70 M247|
|127 mm||HVAR · Zuni Mk32 Mod 0 ATAP|
|298 mm||Tiny Tim|
|150 mm||Wgr.41 Spr|
|55 mm||S-5K · S-5M · S-21|
|82 mm||M-8 · RS-82 · RBS-82|
|132 mm||M13 · RS-132 · RBS-132|
|70 mm||CRV7 M247|
|76 mm||RP-3 · AP Mk I · AP Mk II|
|183 mm||Triplex R.P.|
|292 mm||Uncle Tom · Red Angel|
|100 mm||Type 5 No.1 Mod.9|
|120 mm||Type 3 No.1 Mod.28 Mk.1|
|130 mm||Type 75|
|210 mm||Type 3 No.6 Mod.27 Mk.1 · Type 5 No.6 Mod.9|
|68 mm||SNEB type 23 · TDA|
|120 mm||T10 140 · T10 151|
|75 mm||srak m/55 Frida · srak m/57B|
|81 mm||Oerlikon Typ 3Z 8Dla|
|127 mm||srak m/51|
|145 mm||psrak m/49A|
|180 mm||hprak m/49|