The S-1of is a Soviet air-launched rocket with a diameter of 212 mm. It is a anti-infantry and soft-targets tube-launched high-explosive rocket.
Vehicles equipped with this weapon
The S-1of is a HE rocket type in war thunder with a peak velocity of 440 m/s. However, because the S-1of is only found on the MiG-15bis ISH in a mount pointed downwards, it requires particular special circumstances to be utilised effectively.
|9.3 kg TNTeq
| Type of
|Penetration @ 0° Angle of Attack (mm)
The S-1of is a HE rocket type with 9.3 kg of TNT and approximately 35 m fragment dispersion radius with 61 mm armour penetration.
Comparison with analogues
Very similar to the S-21 in performance, but usage technique is drastically different due to its firing angle of approximately 25 degrees.
Usage in battles
While intended for ground strikes, the best place to use this rocket is for destroying air targets due to the awkward firing angle. Currently only the MiG-15bis ISH has these rockets so the following Pros and Cons are in reference to this aircraft using them.
Pros and cons
- Comes with timed fuse
- Can be used while dodging aircraft in a head-on situation simultaneously
- Destroys lightly armoured vehicles upon direct hits
- Excellent tool for acting as an air defence interceptor against the bomber spam in simulator battles
- Remaining tube launchers after all rockets have been dispensed has zero drag
- Detonating effects can easily overpressure most tanks when impacting almost anywhere on the roof surfaces
- Because it points downwards, it can be awkward to aim.
- Unreliable against tanks due to the extremely narrow firing timing if you want to score a direct hit
- Aiming may be easier for joystick pilots by unloading (pushing the stick forward) to increase the time the CCIP cursor stays on target
- Fragmentation radius is very small
- Slows down the MiG-15bis ISH by roughly 200 km/h and climb rate by 16 m/s
Examine the history of the creation and combat usage of the weapon in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the weapon and adding a block "/ History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Weapon-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the article about the variant of the cannon/machine gun;
- references to approximate analogues by other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- other literature.