The S-1of is an anti-infantry and soft-targets ground-strike tube-launched high-explosive rocket.
Vehicles equipped with this weapon
The S-1of is a HE rocket type in war thunder with a peak velocity of 440m/s. The S-1of alongside the S-21 and the larger S-24 rockets are often called "Tiny Ivans" due to their similar usage in ground battles. However because the S-1of is only found on the MiG-15bis ISH in a mount pointed downwards, it requires particular special circumstances to be utilised effectively.
The S-1of is a HE rocket type with 9.3 kg of TNT and approximately 35 metre fragment dispersion radius.
Comparison with analogues
Very similar to the S-21 in performance, but usage technique is drastically different due to its firing angle of approximately 25 degrees.
Usage in battles
While intended for ground strikes, the best place to use this rocked is for destroying air targets due to the awkward firing angle. Currently only the MiG-15 Bis ISH has these rockets so the following Pros and Cons are in reference to this aircraft using them.
Pros and cons
- You have a quite a number of these (8) on the MiG-15 Bis ISH
- Comes with timed fuse
- Can be used while dodging aircraft in a head-on situation simultaneously
- Hullbreaks light player controlled vehicles upon direct hits
- Excellent tool for acting as an air defence interceptor against the bomber spam in simulator battles (see media section down below)
- Remaining tube launchers after all rockets have been dispensed has zero drag
- Because it points downwards, it can be awkward to aim.
- Essentially uselessly unreliable against tanks due to the extremely narrow firing timing if you want to score a direct hit
- Fragmentation radius is very small.
- Slows down the MiG-15 Bis ISH by roughly 200 km/h and climb rate by 16m/s
Examine the history of the creation and combat usage of this weapon. If the historical reference turns out to be too big, take it to a separate article, taking a link to an article about the vehicle and adding a block "/ History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(weapon-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the article about the variant of the cannon/machine gun;
- references to approximate analogues by other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the weapon;
- other literature.
|70 mm||FFAR Mighty Mouse · Hydra-70 M247|
|127 mm||HVAR · Zuni Mk32 Mod 0 ATAP|
|298 mm||Tiny Tim|
|150 mm||Wgr.41 Spr|
|55 mm||S-5K · S-5KP · S-5M|
|80 mm||S-8KO · S-8M|
|82 mm||M-8 · RS-82 · RBS-82|
|132 mm||M13 · RS-132 · RBS-132|
|212 mm||S-1of · S-21|
|240 mm||S-24 · S-24B|
|70 mm||CRV7 M247|
|87 mm||AP Mk I · AP Mk II|
|183 mm||Triplex R.P.|
|292 mm||Uncle Tom · Red Angel|
|100 mm||Type 5 No.1 Mod.9|
|120 mm||Type 3 No.1 Mod.28 Mk.1|
|130 mm||Type 75|
|210 mm||Type 3 No.6 Mod.27 Mk.1 · Type 5 No.6 Mod.9|
|90 mm||Type 90-1|
|130 mm||Type 130-2|
|68 mm||SNEB type 23 · TDA|
|100 mm||TBA ECC · TBA Multi-Dart 100 AB|
|120 mm||T10 140 · T10 151|
|75 mm||srak m/55 Frida · srak m/57B|
|81 mm||Oerlikon Typ 3Z 8Dla|
|127 mm||srak m/51|
|145 mm||psrak m/49A|
|180 mm||hprak m/49|