Browning MG4 (7.62 mm)
The 7.62 mm Browning MG4 is a South African production designation of the Browning M1919 machine gun.
Vehicles equipped with this weapon
Tell us about the tactical and technical characteristics of the cannon or machine gun.
Describe the shells that are available for the weapon and their features and purpose. If it concerns autocannons or machine guns, write about different ammo belts and what is inside (which types of shells).
Comparison with analogues
Give a comparative description of cannons/machine guns that have firepower equal to this weapon.
Usage in battles
Describe the cannon/machine gun in the game - its distinctive features, tactics of usage against notable opponents. Please don't write a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view, but give the reader food for thought.
Pros and cons
- Jack-of-all-trade machine gun with a decent penetration and rate of fire
- Long belt feed allows for an extended period of firing time.
- Subpar rate of fire compared to other machine guns being used at the MG4's mounted vehicle ranks
The Browning MG4 was a production of the Browning M1919 machine gun in South Africa, by Lyttleton Engineering Works. This production was owned by Denel SOC Ltd. as Lyttleton was merged into a division under Denel Land Systems.
As of 2009, the Browning MG4 is still under production by Denel SOC Ltd.
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
- M1919A4 (7.62 mm) - The basis of the Browning MG4 design.
- Rottman 2014, p.67
- Denel Land Systems "Company Profile"
- Denel 2009, p.39
- Denel. "Annual Report 2009." Denel, 21 Jul. 2009, PDF link.
- Denel Land Systems. "Company Profile." Denel, Website.
- Rottman, Gordon L. Browning .30-caliber Machine Guns. Osprey Publishing Ltd., 2014.
|Tank machine guns|
|7.62 mm||M37 · M60D · M73 · M240 · M1919A4|
|12.7 mm||M2HB · M80 · M85|
|7.62 mm||C6 · MG3A1|
|7.92 mm||MG13 Dreyse · MG34 · MG37(t) · MG42|
|7.62 mm||DT · PKT · RP-46 · SGMT|
|12.7 mm||DK · DShK · 6P50 · NSVT|
|7.62 mm||Browning MG4 · L3A1 · L8A1 · L8A2 · L37A1 · L37A2 · L94A1|
|6.5 mm||Type 91|
|7.62 mm||Type 74|
|7.7 mm||Type 97|
|12.7 mm||Type 60 (B)|
|7.62 mm||Type 86|
|7.62 mm||Beretta MG42/59 · FN MAG 60-40|
|8 mm||Breda Mod. 38|
|13.2 mm||Breda Model 31|
|7.5 mm||AAT-52 · MAC 31|
|6.5 mm||ksp m/14-29|
|7.62 mm||ksp 39 C · ksp 58 · ksp 94|
|8 mm||ksp m/36 · ksp m/39B|
|12.7 mm||ksp 88|