C6 (7.62 mm)
Vehicles equipped with this weapon
Although attached only to the C2A1 main battle tank, the user ability with the C6 is comparable to any other FN MAG derivative machine guns used in the game. The machine gun is found in the coaxial and pintle mount of the C2A1, making it a versatile secondary weapon besides the tank's cannon.
The belt choice of the C6 is currently not customizable for neither the coaxial or pintle-mounted version. As such, the default belt with a composition of- - bullets is all that is available to be worked with.
Comparison with analogues
Give a comparative description of cannons/machine guns that have firepower equal to this weapon.
Usage in battles
Describe the cannon/machine gun in the game - its distinctive features, tactics of usage against notable opponents. Please don't write a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view, but give the reader food for thought.
Pros and cons
Summarise and briefly evaluate the weaponry in terms of its characteristics and combat effectiveness. Mark pros and cons as a list.
- Considering the C2A1's place in the German tree, the C6 compares unfavorably to the more common MG3A1 in terms of fire rate
- Low armour penetration and low damage output
The C6 is a Canadian designation for the popular Belgium FN MAG General-Purpose Machine Gun (GPMG). The machine gun first saw service in the Canadian military as a vehicle mount in the Leopard 1 tank when it was introduced in 1976. The C6 would then expand from its role as a vehicle-mount weapon into a weapon for the infantry in the mid-1980s.
The machine guns are still in service with the Canadian military today, with plans to improve the existing inventory of C6 with the newer C6A1 FLEX machine guns since 2017.
By: 5th Canadian Division - 5e Division du Canada
- FN MAG 60-40 (7.62 mm) - Original FN MAG machine gun
- Dorosh "C6 General Purpose Machine Gun"
- McNab 2018, p.32
- DP Press Releases 2020
- Dorosh, Michael A. "C6 General Purpose Machine Gun." canadiansoldiers.com, 09 July 2008, Website. Accessed 12 Mar 2021.
- DP Press Releases "Canada Purchases 3,626 New C6A1 FLEX General Purpose Machine Guns." DefPost, WordPress, 29 Jan 2020, Website. Accessed 12 Mar 2021 (Archive).
- McNab, Chris. The FN MAG Machine Gun. Osprey Publishing Ltd., 2018.
|Tank machine guns|
|7.62 mm||M37 · M60D · M73 · M240 · M1919A4|
|12.7 mm||M2HB · M80 · M85|
|7.62 mm||C6 · MG3A1|
|7.92 mm||MG13 Dreyse · MG34 · MG37(t) · MG42|
|7.62 mm||DT · PKT · RP-46 · SGMT|
|12.7 mm||DK · DShK · 6P50 · NSVT|
|7.62 mm||Browning MG4 · L3A1 · L8A1 · L8A2 · L37A1 · L37A2 · L94A1|
|6.5 mm||Type 91|
|7.62 mm||Type 74|
|7.7 mm||Type 97|
|12.7 mm||Type 60 (B)|
|7.62 mm||Type 86|
|7.62 mm||Beretta MG42/59 · FN MAG 60-40|
|8 mm||34/40M · Breda Mod. 38|
|13.2 mm||Breda Model 31|
|7.5 mm||AAT-52 · MAC 31|
|6.5 mm||ksp m/14-29|
|7.62 mm||ksp 39 C · ksp 58 · ksp 94|
|8 mm||ksp m/36 · ksp m/39B|
|12.7 mm||ksp 88|