Sea Venom FAW 20
|This page is about the aircraft Sea Venom FAW 20. For the standard version, see Venom FB.4|
The Sea Venom FAW 20 is a Rank V British naval jet fighter with a battle rating of 8.0 (AB/SB) and 7.7 (RB). This aircraft was introduced in Update 1.57 "Battle March".
The Sea Venom FAW.20 is a carrier-based jet fighter located in the British naval lineup after the Attacker FB 1 at the battle rating of 8.0. The Sea Venom has very good diving characteristics, good roll rate making it a notable defensive flyer, and decent speed characteristics for an 8.0 jet. It should be played as a Boom & Zoom aircraft, and it's very important to keep its speed up.
| Max Speed
(km/h at ?,000 m)
| Max altitude
| Turn time
| Rate of climb
| Max Speed
(km/h at ?,000 m)
|Max altitude (meters)||Turn time (seconds)|| Rate of climb
|Take-off run (meters)|
|Combat flap||Take-off flap||Landing flap||Air brakes||Arrestor gear|
| Wing-break speed
| Gear limit
| Combat flap
|Max Static G|
|< 650||< 640||< 640||> 50|
Survivability and armour
- 3 mm Steel plate under the jet engine.
- No armour glazing
- Critical components located at the centre of aircraft (fuel, pilot, engine, controls)
- More fuel tanks located in wings near the fuselage
The Sea Venom FAW 20 is armed with:
- 4 x 20 mm Hispano Mk.V cannon, nose-mounted (150 rpg = 600 total)
Usage in the battles
The sea venom is equipped with an [[AI Mk. X}} search radar, located in the nose of the aircraft.
|AI Mk. X|
|Target Detection Radar|
|14,000 m||8,500 m||±75°||-20°/+40°|
Pros and cons
- Good turn time
- Good roll rate
- Able to land on carriers in case an airfield is not available
- Good ammo supply of 600 rounds (150 RPG)
- Good at defensive flying
- Useful for fighting 8.0 jets
- Very good at diving
- High rip speed (1,040 km/h IAS)
- Good acceleration
- Retains energy well
- Low compression at high speeds
- Faster than most aircraft it faces when downtiered
- Has access to a target detection radar, with ok range from stock
- Top rank jets are still faster
- Does not prepare you well for top rank combat (for new top tier pilots in air realistic battles)
- Does not carry bombs or rockets (for tank realistic battles)
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the aircraft in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too big, take it to a separate article, taking a link to an article about the vehicle and adding a block "/ historical reference" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/Name-vehicles/historical reference) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to include links to sources at the end of the article.
An excellent addition to the article will be video guides, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example,
- reference to the series of the aircraft;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- page on aircraft encyclopedia;
- other literature.
|Britain jet aircraft|
|English Electric||Canberra B Mk 2 · Canberra B (I) Mk 6 · Lightning F.6|
|Gloster||Meteor F Mk 3 · Sea Meteor F Mk 3 · Meteor F Mk 4 G.41F · Meteor F Mk 4 G.41G · Meteor F Mk 8 G.41K · Meteor F Mk.8 Reaper|
|Javelin F.(A.W.) Mk.9|
|de Havilland||Vampire FB 5 · Venom FB.4 · Sea Venom FAW 20|
|Hawker||Sea Hawk FGA.6 · Hunter F.1 · Hunter F.6 · Hunter FGA.9 · Harrier GR.1 · Harrier GR.3|
|Supermarine||Attacker FB 1 · Scimitar F Mk.1 · Swift F.1 · Swift F.7|
|Foreign||Phantom FG.1 (USA) · Phantom FGR.2 (USA)|