Sea Venom FAW 20
|This page is about the aircraft Sea Venom FAW 20. For the standard version, see Venom FB.4.|
The Sea Venom FAW 20 is a Rank V British naval jet fighter with a battle rating of 8.0 (AB/RB/SB). This aircraft was introduced in Update 1.57 "Battle March".
The Sea Venom FAW.20 is a carrier-based jet fighter located in the British naval lineup after the Attacker FB 1 at the battle rating of 8.0. The Sea Venom has very good diving characteristics, good roll rate making it a notable defensive flyer, and decent speed characteristics for an 8.0 jet. It should be played as a Boom & Zoom aircraft, and it's very important to keep its speed up.
Describe how the aircraft behaves in the air. Speed, manoeuvrability, acceleration and allowable loads - these are the most important characteristics of the vehicle.
| Max Speed
(km/h at ?,000 m)
| Max altitude
| Turn time
| Rate of climb
| Max Speed
(km/h at ?,000 m)
|Max altitude (meters)||Turn time (seconds)|| Rate of climb
|Take-off run (meters)|
|Combat flap||Take-off flap||Landing flap||Air brakes||Arrestor gear|
| Wing-break speed
| Gear limit
| Combat flap
|Max Static G|
|< 650||< 640||< 640||> 50|
Survivability and armour
- 3 mm Steel plate under the jet engine.
- No armour glazing
- Critical components located at the centre of aircraft (fuel, pilot, engine, controls)
- More fuel tanks located in wings near the fuselage
The Sea Venom FAW 20 is armed with:
- 4 x 20 mm Hispano Mk.V cannon, nose-mounted (150 rpg = 600 total)
Usage in battles
Describe the tactics of playing in an aircraft, the features of using vehicles in a team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view, but instead, give the reader food for thought. Examine the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
The sea venom is equipped with an AI Mk. X search radar, located in the nose of the aircraft.
|AI Mk. X|
|Target Detection Radar|
|14,000 m||8,500 m||±75°||-20°/+40°|
Pros and cons
- Adequate ammo supply of 600 rounds (150 RPG)
- Able to land on carriers in case an airfield is not available
- Good turn time and roll rate
- Good at defensive flying
- Useful for fighting jets of equivalence
- Very good at diving with a high rip speed of 1,040 km/h IAS
- Good acceleration
- Retains energy well
- Low compression at high speeds
- Faster than most aircraft it faces when down-tiered
- Has access to a target detection radar, with an average range from stock
- Top rank jets are still faster
- Does not prepare you well for top rank combat (for new top tier pilots in air realistic battles)
- Does not carry bombs or rockets (for tank realistic battles)
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the aircraft in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too big, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the vehicle and adding a block "/ History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article. This section may also include the vehicle's dev blog entry (if applicable) and the in-game encyclopedia description (under
=== Encyclopedia Info ===, also if applicable).
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the aircraft;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the aircraft;
- other literature.
|Britain jet aircraft|
|Gloster||Meteor F Mk 3 · Meteor F Mk 4 type G.41F · Meteor F Mk 4 type G.41G · Meteor F Mk 8 G.41K · Meteor F Mk.8 Reaper · Javelin F.(A.W.) Mk.9|
|de Havilland||Vampire FB 5 · Venom FB.4|
|Hawker||Hunter F 1 · Hunter F.6|
|Naval||Attacker FB 1 · Sea Venom FAW 20 · Sea Meteor F Mk 3 · Sea Hawk FGA.6|
|Bombers||Canberra B Mk 2 · Canberra B (I) Mk 6|