Canberra B Mk 2
2 х 1000 LB G.P. Mk.I bombSetup 3
|This page is about the aircraft Canberra B Mk 2. For other uses, see Canberra (Disambiguation)|
- 1 Description
- 2 General info
- 3 Armaments
- 4 Usage in the battles
- 5 History
- 6 Media
- 7 Read also
- 8 Sources
The Canberra B Mk 2 is a Rank V British jet bomber with a battle rating of 7.7 (AB/RB/SB). This aircraft was introduced in Update 1.43.
| Max Speed
(km/h at 3,000 m)
| Max altitude
| Turn time
| Rate of climb
| Max Speed
(km/h at 3,000 m)
|Max altitude (meters)||Turn time (seconds)|| Rate of climb
|Take-off run (meters)|
|Combat flap||Take-off flap||Landing flap||Air brakes||Arrestor gear|
| Wing-break speed
| Gear limit
| Combat flap
|Max Static G|
|< 590||< 550||< 550||> 250|
Survivability and armour
- No armour plating
- No armour glazing
- Critical components located at the fuselage of the aircraft (fuel, pilot, controls)
- Engines in wings
The Canberra B Mk 2 can be outfitted with the following ordinance"
- 9 x 500 lb AN-M64A1 bombs
- 6 x G.P. 1000 lb Mk.I bombs
- 1 x H.C. 4000 lb Mk.II bomb + 2 x G.P. 1000 lb Mk.I bombs
Usage in the battles
General play style
Climbing high to around 10 kilometers will save you from most predators and AA fire in both AB and RB as the Canberra has one of the best climb rates and high-alt performances in game. Watch out for the Me 163 and Ki-200. The standard tactic for the Canberra is to bomb the enemy bases and airfield, while keep climbing to stay out of reach from fighters. This tactic can be better if in a squadron with multiple Canberras, thus at least one can get past any defenses to destroy the enemy's bases. Using the 6 x 1,000 lb payload is recommended for usage on bases while 1 x 4,000 lb + 2 x 1,000 lb payload works best when used on airfields.
Maintaining a high altitude is a good defense tactic for this plane as most planes do not have as good climbing and high-alt performance. This will save you from nearly every fighter except for Me 163 and Ki-200. Utilizing the airbrakes is important as it can save you from Me 163 and Ki-200.
Specific enemies worth noting
Improving bomb load should be the first priority as it will save you from taking the risk of going to the airfield less.
Pros and cons
- Good stock engine power
- Good stock acceleration speed
- Powerful airbrakes
- Good top speed for such a large aircraft
- Decent payload
- High service ceiling(max. altitude)
- Great climb rate
- May rip wings by going straight for a while without intelligent use of air-brakes
- Large target
- Likely to be a big target for fighter aircraft with an air-spawn
- BR 7.7, due to which it will meet MiG-15 Bis, Yak 30 and other planes that out speed, out turn, out dive and obviously out gun you.
- A easy target for anything with guns that can go over 800 kph.
- First few fights will be running to a base, bombing the base and ending up dead by enemy jets.
Canberra B Mk.2 was created in 1949 to replace the Mosquito fast bomber. It was designed to have outstanding high altitude performance and speed. It was unparalelled for 10 years, its successor is the Victor Valiant. It was retired from service in 2006 from the RAF. It established a world altitude record of 21430m in 1957. It was the first jet powered aircraft to make a non-stop transatlantic flight.
An excellent addition to the article will be video guides, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example,
- reference to the series of the aircraft;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- page on aircraft encyclopedia;
- other literature.
|Britain jet aircraft|
|Gloster||Meteor F Mk 3 · Meteor F Mk 4 type G.41F · Meteor F Mk 4 type G.41G · Meteor F Mk 8 G.41K · Meteor F Mk.8 Reaper · Javelin F.(A.W.) Mk.9|
|de Havilland||Vampire FB 5 · Venom FB.4|
|Hawker||Hunter F 1|
|Naval||Attacker FB 1 · Sea Venom FAW 20 · Sea Meteor F Mk 3 · Sea Hawk FGA.6|
|Bombers||Canberra B Mk 2 · Canberra B (I) Mk 6|