The Phantom FG.1 is a rank VI British jet fighter with a battle rating of 10.7 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update "Starfighters".
Describe how the aircraft behaves in the air. Speed, manoeuvrability, acceleration and allowable loads - these are the most important characteristics of the vehicle.
|Characteristics|| Max Speed
(km/h at 10,667 m)
| Max altitude
| Turn time
| Rate of climb
| Take-off run|
|Combat flaps||Take-off flaps||Landing flaps||Air brakes||Arrestor gear||Drogue chute|
|Wings (km/h)||Gear (km/h)||Flaps (km/h)||Max Static G|
|Optimal velocities (km/h)|
|< ___||< ___||< ___||N/A|
Survivability and armour
Examine the survivability of the aircraft. Note how vulnerable the structure is and how secure the pilot is, whether the fuel tanks are armoured, etc. Describe the armour, if there is any, and also mention the vulnerability of other critical aircraft systems.
The Phantom FG.1 can be outfitted with the following ordnance:
- 1 x 20 mm M61 cannon, -mounted (1,200 rpg)
- 8 x 1,000 lb G.P. Mk.I bombs + 1 x 20 mm M61 cannon, -mounted (1,200 rpg) (8,000 lb total)
- 108 x SNEB type 23 rockets + 1 x 20 mm M61 cannon, -mounted (1,200 rpg)
- 4 x AIM-9D Sidewinder missiles + 1 x 20 mm M61 cannon, -mounted (1,200 rpg)
- 4 x 1,000 lb G.P. Mk.I bombs + 4 x AIM-9D Sidewinder missiles + 1 x 20 mm M61 cannon, -mounted (1,200 rpg) (4,000 lb total)
- 4 x AIM-9D Sidewinder missiles
Usage in battles
Describe the tactics of playing in the aircraft, the features of using aircraft in a team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view, but instead, give the reader food for thought. Examine the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
Pros and cons
Summarise and briefly evaluate the vehicle in terms of its characteristics and combat effectiveness. Mark its pros and cons in the bulleted list. Try not to use more than 6 points for each of the characteristics. Avoid using categorical definitions such as "bad", "good" and the like - use substitutions with softer forms such as "inadequate" and "effective".
- Great top speed; one of the fastest aircraft in the game.
- Decent maneuverability for a plane of its size.
- Great rate of climb, rivaled only by the F-104 Starfighter.
- Adequate selection of secondary ordinance.
- Powerful M61 Vulcan can wreak havoc against enemy aircraft.
- As with most jets, tends to bleed off energy in sustained turns.
- Relatively big target due to its size.
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the aircraft in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the vehicle and adding a block "/History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
<references />. This section may also include the vehicle's dev blog entry (if applicable) and the in-game encyclopedia description (under
=== In-game description ===, also if applicable).
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the aircraft;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the aircraft;
- other literature.
|Britain jet aircraft|
|English Electric||Canberra B Mk 2 · Canberra B (I) Mk 6 · Lightning F.6|
|Gloster||Meteor F Mk 3 · Sea Meteor F Mk 3 · Meteor F Mk 4 G.41F · Meteor F Mk 4 G.41G · Meteor F Mk 8 G.41K · Meteor F Mk.8 Reaper|
|Javelin F.(A.W.) Mk.9|
|de Havilland||Vampire FB 5 · Venom FB.4 · Sea Venom FAW 20|
|Hawker||Sea Hawk FGA.6 · Hunter F.1 · Hunter F.6 · Hunter FGA.9 · Harrier GR.1 · Harrier GR.3|
|Supermarine||Attacker FB 1 · Scimitar F Mk.1 · Swift F.1 · Swift F.7|
|Foreign||Phantom FG.1 (USA) · Phantom FGR.2 (USA)|