6,093 articles and growing thanks to your support!
The War Thunder Wiki is a community effort, only a WT forum account is required to join us
. We need YOU for this ultimate guide!
War Thunder is a next generation MMO combat game dedicated to World War II military aviation, armoured vehicles, and fleets.
Available for Windows, Linux, SteamOS, PS4 and Mac. System requirements for all systems.
Article of the month: May
Unlocking WW2 Chronicles vehicles?
Then you may have obtained the PV-2D Harpoon, which was offered out as part of the event and is available to anyone who obtained 6 "Chronicle Awards" in the air!
The PV-2D Harpoon is a Rank II American medium bomber with a battle rating of 3.3, derived from the B-34 Lexington design for the US Navy.
As a bomber, it should be played as such. Though its payload is not big enough to attack bases and airfield, it gives enough power against tactical targets such as ground and naval units. An improvement in payload compared to its predecessor design is the addition of HVAR rockets and torpedoes on the wings. The eight nose-mounted 12.7 mm machine guns also allow for great damage effect on light-skinned enemy vehicles, even enemy planes if able to align the rounds onto the target.
Though the gunners provide ample top and bottom protection, the tail of the vehicle is a blind spot to the two turret gunners and thus a tailing pursuant would be a priority threat.
Continue reading for more details!
Featured historic article
Dear readers and valuable writers,
The Wiki staff are proud to announce our next big feature for our dear readers. After the addition of weapon tables to the wiki, which was our first attempt of displaying data mine information from in game files,turned out to such a success. We decided to focus on a much more difficult task, data mining flight models.
With this in mind we would like to present a major overhaul of the statistic cards and addition of piston-engine performance charts for all aircraft.
- Our new and improved info boxes on the right hand-side, feature full developed technical details. As well as quick-links to important information such as: families, types, tactics, arms and more!
- We plan on adding more information regularly into these box, such as suggested combat style,and greatest threats.
- To the already published turbojet-thrust-charts, horsepower graphs are now available for all aircraft pre 1.55 (if not available on the vehicle page, add /horsepower_graph in the address bar). They are for now, to remain limited to horsepower vs altitude and their corresponding compressor stages.
- Please stay tuned. We have more to come soon™
The format of every aircraft page is slowly being updated. We hope these additions will help everyone in their task for air supremacy.
Please note that this information is still in the development phase and information can be incorrect due many factors. Please point out error to us as it is most likely an error on our end not in the flight model.
Similar features are currently in the works for Ground Forces, we hope to give players information that can not be easily found in game such as gear ratios and break force. We cannot announce a publishing date, as of now.
Interested in spreading your knowledge of warfare and combat tactics? Then wait no longer and log-into the War Thunder: Wikipedia with your forum account!
Our first steps walk-through can be found here. Though I am sure you won't need it ;-)
- Wiki Team
Discuss it here on the forum.
Did you know that...
- You are able to zoom into the minimap by moving your mouse cursor over the map and scrolling in? You need to assign the following settings to be able to do this: in control settings, make sure "show mouse cursor" is enabled.
- With 3000 rounds per minute, the American 20 mm M168 Vulcan gatling gun on the M163 Vulcan Air Defense System is the fastest firing weapon in the game?
- Pressing with the cursor on the map seen while pressing "M" will signal the team to pay attention to the specific sector?
- Different steel types exist for armour? Every metal has got its own modifier e.g. cast steel is only 90% as strong as rolled homogenes steel (which is the standard armour plate). All part of the damage mechanics.
- Reducing the vehicles ammo load, affects the ammo storage by making them smaller and once empty disappear. Empty Ammo Racks cannot be exploded and are literally empty space.
- Rockets can be shot down mid-air by gun fire?
- By binding a button to "Manual Engine Control" under the "Full Aircraft Control" tab in the controls menu, you can control the engine settings manually in RB and SB, even when using Mouse Aim controls and potentially achieve better performance.
- There is no cow level in War Thunder!
- The planes with the most weapons are the PBJ-1J and BV-238? The PBJ-1J has twelve offensive M2 Brownings in the nose and six Brownings in defensive turrets, while the BV-238 has sixteen 13mm MG131 machine guns and two MG151/20 cannons in defensive turrets.
- Torpedoes can destroy bridges too, if they hit the pillars.
- Further they can destroy tanks and floatplanes, if they're in the water.
- As most torpedoes travel at certain depths, they will detonate upon impact on shore. With a radius & penetration exceeding 30m and 300mm, killing tanks in the vicinity is possible for these swimming 270kg of pure Torpex explosives.
- Most bombs are general-purpose bombs (medium capacity) i.e. their pure explosive content is 50% of the bombs total wheight.
- Your aiming reticle in Arcade adjusts for the slowest bullet of your guns. Thus with the P-39 only one caliber (the slower 37mm, not faster 7.7mm) will hit in turn-fights.
Click me to read more!