10 km/h back50 km/h forward
9 km/h backSpeed
In the description, the first part should be about the history of the creation and combat usage of the vehicle, as well as its key features. In the second part, tell the reader about the ground vehicle in the game. Insert a screenshot of the vehicle, so that if the novice player does not remember the vehicle by name, he will immediately understand what kind of vehicle the article is talking about.
Survivability and armour
Describe armour protection. Note the most well protected and key weak areas. Appreciate the layout of modules as well as the number and location of crew members. Is the level of armour protection sufficient, is the placement of modules helpful for survival in combat?
If necessary use a visual template to indicate the most secure and weak zones of the armour.
Write about the mobility of the ground vehicle. Estimate the specific power and manoeuvrability, as well as the maximum speed forwards and backwards.
The Object 268 is fitted with the 152mm M-64 cannon, a very fearsome weapon at this BR with three potent rounds that are capable of destroying virtually any vehicle in the game, so as long as the operator is skilled in its use. The ammunition loadout consists of HE, APCBC and HEAT, all three of which are excellent solutions to various situations in a battle.
This 152mm cannon has an excellent reload speed at 22.2s stock and 18.0s with an Ace crew, which means it has massively increased firepower compared to the similarly-tiered IS-3, which has a reload rate of 27.7s stock and 24.0s Aced.
The Object 268 is armed with a single 14.5mm KPVT heavy machine gun, it is highly effective in dispatching lightly armoured vehicles and defending from air attacks. And can even potentially damage or destroy enemy gun barrels. However, this machine gun is loaded with measly 25 round belts, which only allows for small bursts, punctuated with a lengthly reload.
Usage in battles
The Object 268 is an excellent single-direction brawler, as its frontal armour can withstand most shells at its BR, it is capable of locking down an entire street, which dissuades any enemy advances in the area. Although it is best used in urban maps as a brawler, it can also function as a mobile pillbox in rural maps, drawing enemy fire and covering a wide area of the map to deny enemy movements.
Pros and cons
- Excellent frontal protection, the armour is more than 250mm thick in most places and can deflect virtually any kinetic energy projectile at its BR with ease.
- Single frontal weakspot is relatively small and easy to conceal with bushes.
- Excellent firepower, with a fast-firing 152mm and a 14.5mm machine gun, which is perfect for dealing with light tanks and dissuading enemy air support.
- Impressive mobility in a straight line.
- Great blend of firepower and protection allows this vehicle to function as a mobile pillbox, locking down areas of the map.
- All ammunition types remain effective at long ranges, solving an issue that persists with many Russian tanks at this BR.
- Side armour of the casemate is an excellent 100mm. Which allows you to engage targets from multiple directions with relative ease, without having to worry about exposing weaker side armour.
- The original reload speed is retained with the loss of one loader.
- Has access to a researchable Range Finder modification, increasing its already impressive performance at longer ranges.
- Large and boxy profile makes the Object 268 relatively easy to spot.
- Unimpressive turning ability makes it difficult to deal with flanking enemies at closer ranges, and nearly impossible to counter targets directly behind the vehicle.
- Large ammo racks on the sides and rear of the vehicle's casemate make flanking shots extremely lethal and usually unforgiving.
- Firing the cannon kicks up a massive dust cloud, making the vehicle easy to spot when its firing from a concealed position.
- The 14.5mm KPV machine gun cannot point directly to the vehicle's left side, as its traverse is blocked by the rangefinder and cupola.
- Small weakspot next to the gun is only 187mm thick, and is usually lethal if penetrated.
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the ground vehicle in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too big, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the vehicle and adding a block "/ History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article. This section may also include the vehicle's dev blog entry (if applicable) and the in-game encyclopedia description (under
=== Encyclopedia Info ===, also if applicable).
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the vehicles;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the tank;
- other literature.
|USSR tank destroyers|
|Light||SU-5-1 · ZiS-30 · SU-57 · SU-57B · SU-76M · SU-76M (5th Gv.Kav.Corps) · YaG-10 (29-K) · SU-85A · Khrizantema-S|
|Medium||SU-122 · SU-85 · SU-85M · SU-100 · SU-100P · SU-122P · SU-122-54 · IT-1 · Shturm-S|
|Heavy||SU-100Y · ISU-122 · ISU-122S · SU-152 · ISU-152 · Object 268 · Object 120|
|Rocket||BM-8-24 · BM-13N|
|Airborne||ASU-57 · ASU-85|