6 km/h back42 km/h forward
5 km/h backSpeed
The YaG-10 (29-K) is a Rank III Soviet tank destroyer with a battle rating of 3.7 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update 1.67 "Assault".
This unarmoured truck is equipped with a good fast-firing 76.2 mm canon, which has similar armour penetration to the infamous D-5T from later soviet vehicles. This is the last unarmoured truck chassis of the Soviet tech tree, after the ZiS-12 (94-KM) and before the ZiS-43.
The 29-K is a pure sniper, use it as such. This truck is all about its precise, fast firing gun and nothing else. Safely cover up 2/3 of the vehicle behind a building, leaving only the gun, gunner and one loader exposed, taking precise shots at unsuspecting enemies.
It's a cannon on wheels. Unlike most other Soviet trucks, it is not a GAZ chassis, it is a ten-wheeled YaG-10. This new (and unique) chassis is slower than its predecessors, but has better ground flotation with 10 wheels in total (8 in the back and under the gun, 2 at the front). The wheeled configuration makes turning on the spot impossible; thus, anticipate an escape route in case the situation turns sour.
It has 6 crew members, meaning it can take a few shots and even resist MG fire (if well-covered). Ammo racks are covered with 12 mm steel plates, meaning regular MGs cannot ignite them. Otherwise, any HE shell will rip the YaG-10 apart really quickly and artillery usually shreds the vehicle with shrapnel. This low armour value has its advantages: APHE shells will often not detonate or simply not hit anything if shot from the sides.
The 76.2 mm 3-K equipped on this chassis is one hell of a gun, with good penetration and a relatively flat ballistic trajectory. 3 loaders provide it with a fast reload speed, comparable to Rank 1 vehicles. These 3 crew members allows a bit of loss before feeling a reduced firing rate. The only things the gun may lack is a good amount of HE filler for destroying enemy vehicles easier and a faster turning speed for reacting faster. This gun has similar characteristics to the D-5T, found on later Soviet tanks, providing a good learning curve to tanks using it (mainly SU-85, IS-1, T-34-85 (D-5T)).
Survivability and armour
- Structural steel (Truck cabin)
- Rolled homogeneous armour (Bed frame)
- Wood (Truck bed)
|Truck|| 1 mm Grille
1 mm (83-86°) Front hood
|1 mm||1 mm||1 mm|
- Wheels are 2 mm thick
- Chassis is 1 mm thick
|Weight (tons)|| Add-on Armor
|Max speed (km/h)|
|Engine power (horsepower)|
|Power-to-weight ratio (hp/ton)|
|76 mm 3-K|
|Turret rotation speed (°/s)|
|Mode||Stock||Upgraded||Prior + Full crew||Prior + Expert qualif.||Prior + Ace qualif.|
|Reloading rate (seconds)|
|Stock||Prior + Full crew||Prior + Expert qualif.||Prior + Ace qualif.|
|Ammunition|| Type of
|Penetration in mm @ 90°|
|Ammunition|| Type of
Mass in kg
| Fuse delay
| Fuse sensitivity
| Explosive Mass in g
| Normalization At 30°
|40||31 (+9)||21 (+19)||11 (+29)||1 (+39)||no|
Front empty: 21 (+19)
Usage in the battles
This truck is preferably used at a distance to increase its survivability. Most MGs have poor accuracy at distance, greatly decreasing their ability to shred the 29-K. It has a good and very precise gun capable of taking down (almost) any target it may encounter from the front. Always show the sides since it decreases the chances of having a bullet pass right through all of the crew members in one shot. Showing the side allows the YaG-10 to use the full 360° traverse to its best. If possible, only show the gun, this way, it allows minimal exposure and can allow for quick hiding at a moment's notice and if shot, only sacrifices one or two crew members.
- Rush into towns
- Drive directly towards an enemy
- Stay near an artillery strike
- Snipe in the middle of a field: Find cover
Although this is a Rank 3 vehicle, its low BR often places it against Rank 2 tanks. Even with it's awesome cannon, this truck can encounter fierce foes with even better armour.
- Churchill Mk VII, M4A3E2 Jumbo: Both impervious to shots on the front glacis.
- Jagdpanzer 38(t) Hetzer: Well-angled armour can bounce many shots.
- T34 Calliope: Has many ready-to-fire rockets to annihilate the 29-K.
- Any AA/AAA is a threat as their heavy automatic weapons will rip through the thin armour.
Pros and cons
- Decent 76.2 mm gun can penetrate most enemies.
- Very fast reloads with 3 loaders.
- Precise gun, good ballistic trajectory.
- Paper-thin armour makes AP rounds over-penetrate.
- Six crew members.
- Ammo racks are protected from MG fire.
- Paper-thin armour can have machine guns rip it to shreds.
- Poor gun depression of -3°.
- Ammo rack in rear and middle of the overall vehicle.
- Slow gun traverse.
- Very low mobility.
- Can be easily destroyed by air strikes.
- No access to APCR.
- Lack of a gun shield means that the gunners are easier to take out than they are on the 88mm Flak Truck.
- Shredded by artillery and HE shells.
- Prone to hull break.
- Cannot shoot upfront due to the high truck cabin.
An excellent addition to the article will be video guides, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- other literature.
|USSR tank destroyers|
|Light||SU-5-1 · ZiS-30 · SU-57 · SU-57B · SU-76M · SU-76M (5th Guards Cavalry Corps) · YaG-10 (29-K) · SU-85A|
|Medium||SU-122 · SU-85 · SU-85M · SU-100 · SU-100P · SU-122P · SU-122-54|
|Heavy||SU-100Y · ISU-122 · ISU-122S · SU-152 · ISU-152 · Object 268 · Object 120 "Taran"|
|Rocket||BM-8-24 · BM-13N|
|Airborne||ASU-57 · ASU-85|