The M.S.405C1 is a Rank I French fighter with a battle rating of 1.7 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update 1.75 "La Résistance". A pre-production version of the M.S.406C1, the M.S.405C1 is nearly identical to the succeeding aircraft while having a lower battle-rating.
| Max Speed
(km/h at 3,200 m)
| Max altitude
| Turn time
| Rate of climb
| Max Speed
(km/h at 3,200 m)
|Max altitude (meters)||Turn time (seconds)|| Rate of climb
|Take-off run (meters)|
|Combat flap||Take-off flap||Landing flap||Air brakes||Arrestor gear|
| Wing-break speed
| Gear limit
| Combat flap
|Max Static G|
|< ???||< ???||< ???||> ???|
|Optimal altitude||100% Engine power||WEP Engine power|
|?,??? m||??? hp||?,??? hp|
Survivability and armour
- No armour plating
- No armour glazing
- Critical components located at front of aircraft (fuel, pilot, engine, controls)
The M.S.405C1 is armed with:
- 1 x 20 mm Hispano 404 cannon (60 rpg = 60 total)
- 2 x 7.5 mm MAC 1934 machine guns (300 rpg = 600 total)
The Hispano 404 is nose mounted, firing out of the prop spinner while the two MAC 1934 are wing mounted. If fired at the same time, the cannon will run out of ammunition before the machine guns will.
Usage in the battles
The M.S.405C1 is a respectable low rank monoplane that primarily suffers from a low ammo count for its armament, with only 60 rounds for its nose mounted 20 mm cannon and 300 rounds per gun for its two wing mounted rifle-calibre machine guns. This means that while it is a good turner, players flying the M.S.405C1 should engage in turn fights in arcade battles sparingly and with allies nearby, as it will need to disengage frequently to reload. Stick to high altitudes and prey on bombers or dive on unsuspecting fighters, especially reserve aircraft and biplanes which are a common sight at this BR and offer little resistance against the Hispano 404 cannon.
Players flying the M.S.405C1 should be on the lookout for and take care in engaging faster monoplanes such as the Bf 109 E-1, which can handily out-climb the M.S.405C1 and also has significantly higher ammo capacities for its guns.
Manual Engine Control
|Not controllable|| Controllable
|Controllable||Not controllable||Combined||Controllable||Not controllable|
|I||Fuselage Repair, Radiator||Offensive 7 mm|
|II||Compressor||Airframe||New 7 mm MGs|
|III||Wing Repair, Engine||Offensive 20 mm|
|IV||Engine Injection||Cover||New 20 mm Cannons|
Pros and cons
- Can fight against reserve planes, which are easy pickings for its nose mounted cannon.
- Provides players with good first experience for the M.S. line.
- Virtually identical to the M.S.406C1 while being .3 BR lower.
- Very sturdy structure, can sustain 700 km/h IAS in a dive.
- Good turn fighter among monoplanes for its BR.
- Both the cannon and the 7.5 mm machine guns have very low ammo count.
- The wing mounted 7.5 mm machine guns are lousy once the cannon is depleted.
- No armour or self-sealing fuel tanks.
- No combat flaps, only landing.
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the aircraft in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too big, take it to a separate article, taking a link to an article about the vehicle and adding a block "/ historical reference" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/Name-vehicles/historical reference) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to include links to sources at the end of the article.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example,
- reference to the series of the aircraft;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- page on aircraft encyclopedia;
- other literature.
|Dewoitine||D.371 · D.371 H.S.9 · D.373 · D.500 · D.501 · Pallier's D.510 · D.520|
|Morane-Saulnier||M.S.405C1 · M.S.406C1 · M.S.410|
|Twin-engine||Potez 630 · Potez 631 · S.O.8000 Narval|
|American||H-75A-1 · H-75A-4 · ▄F6F-5 Hellcat · ▄F6F-5N · ▄P-63C-5 Kingcobra · F4U-7 Corsair · ▄F8F-1B Bearcat · ▄F-86K|
|Other countries||▄Yak-3 · Challe's ▄Yak-9T · NC.900|