Difference between revisions of "F-104G (China)"
(→Modules: Fixed formatting)
|Line 113:||Line 113:|
! Flight performance
! Flight performance
! colspan="" | Weaponry
|Line 136:||Line 134:|
|Line 145:||Line 143:|
Revision as of 13:12, 29 May 2020
14 x 70 mm Hydra-70 M247 rocketSetup 5
14 x 70 mm Hydra-70 M247 rocketSetup 6
2 x AGM-12B Bullpup rocketsSetup 7
2 x AGM-12B Bullpup rocketsSetup 8
1 x 500 lb LDGP Mk 82 bombSetup 12
1 x 750 lb M117 cone 45 bombSetup 13
1 x 1000 lb LDGP Mk 83 bombSetup 14
1 x 500 lb LDGP Mk 82 bombSetup 15
1 x 750 lb M117 cone 45 bombSetup 16
1 x 1000 lb LDGP Mk 83 bombSetup 17
The ␗F-104G Starfighter is a rank VI Chinese jet fighter with a battle rating of 10.0 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update "Starfighters".
Describe how the aircraft behaves in the air. Speed, manoeuvrability, acceleration and allowable loads - these are the most important characteristics of the vehicle.
|Characteristics|| Max Speed
(km/h at 15,240 m)
| Max altitude
| Turn time
| Rate of climb
| Take-off run|
|Combat flaps||Take-off flaps||Landing flaps||Air brakes||Arrestor gear||Drogue chute|
|Wings (km/h)||Gear (km/h)||Flaps (km/h)||Max Static G|
|Optimal velocities (km/h)|
|< ___||< ___||< ___||N/A|
Survivability and armour
Examine the survivability of the aircraft. Note how vulnerable the structure is and how secure the pilot is, whether the fuel tanks are armoured, etc. Describe the armour, if there is any, and also mention the vulnerability of other critical aircraft systems.
The F-104G (China) is armed with:
- 1 x 20 mm M61A1 cannon, -mounted (750 rpg)
The F-104G (China) can be outfitted with the following ordnance:
- Without load
- 14 x Hydra-70 M247 rockets
- 2 x AGM-12B Bullpup missiles
- 4 x AIM-9B Sidewinder missiles
- 4 x AIM-9J Sidewinder missiles
- 2 x AIM-9B Sidewinder missiles + 14 x Hydra-70 M247 rockets
- 2 x AIM-9J Sidewinder missiles + 14 x Hydra-70 M247 rockets
- 2 x AGM-12B Bullpup missiles + 2 x AIM-9B Sidewinder missiles
- 2 x AGM-12B Bullpup missiles + 2 x AIM-9J Sidewinder missiles
- 3 x 500 lb LDGP Mk 82 bombs (1,500 lb total)
- 3 x 750 lb M117 cone 45 bombs (2,250 lb total)
- 3 x 1,000 lb LDGP Mk 83 bombs (3,000 lb total)
- 1 x 500 lb LDGP Mk 82 bomb + 2 x AIM-9B Sidewinder missiles (500 lb total)
- 1 x 750 lb M117 cone 45 bomb + 2 x AIM-9B Sidewinder missiles (750 lb total)
- 1 x 1,000 lb LDGP Mk 83 bomb + 2 x AIM-9B Sidewinder missiles (1,000 lb total)
- 1 x 500 lb LDGP Mk 82 bomb + 2 x AIM-9J Sidewinder missiles (500 lb total)
- 1 x 750 lb M117 cone 45 bomb + 2 x AIM-9J Sidewinder missiles (750 lb total)
- 1 x 1,000 lb LDGP Mk 83 bomb + 2 x AIM-9J Sidewinder missiles (1,000 lb total)
Usage in battles
Describe the tactics of playing in the aircraft, the features of using aircraft in a team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view, but instead, give the reader food for thought. Examine the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
|I||Compressor||Fuselage repair||Offensive 20 mm||Mk82|
|III||Wings repair||G-suit||New 20 mm cannons||Mk83|
Pros and cons
Summarise and briefly evaluate the vehicle in terms of its characteristics and combat effectiveness. Mark its pros and cons in the bulleted list. Try not to use more than 6 points for each of the characteristics. Avoid using categorical definitions such as "bad", "good" and the like - use substitutions with softer forms such as "inadequate" and "effective".
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the aircraft in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the vehicle and adding a block "/History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
<references />. This section may also include the vehicle's dev blog entry (if applicable) and the in-game encyclopedia description (under
=== In-game description ===, also if applicable).
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the aircraft;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the aircraft;
- other literature.
|China jet aircraft|
|Fighters||J-2 · J-4 · Shenyang F-5 · J-6A · J-7II|
|American||␗F-84G-21-RE · ␗F-86F-30 · ␗F-86F-40 · ␗F-100A · ␗F-104A · ␗F-104G|
|Soviet||␗MiG-9 · ␗MiG-9 (l)|