Difference between revisions of "A21RB"
Latest revision as of 18:15, 6 January 2020
|This page is about the Swedish jet fighter A21RB. For other versions, see J21 (Family).|
The A21RB is a rank V Swedish jet fighter with a battle rating of 6.7 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update 1.95 "Northern Wind".
The A21RB is a very manoeuvrable jet with a good climb rate for an early jet. The guns, although a downgrade from the previous propeller-driven version of the plane provides enough firepower to down targets efficiently unless a snapshot is required. It does however have a very low rip speed, preventing you from diving on or chasing most of the opponents you'll be facing. Mounting rockets increases your drag by a huge amount, reducing your top speed by several hundred km/h while making you almost unable to climb.
|Characteristics|| Max Speed
(km/h at 2,000 m)
| Max altitude
| Turn time
| Rate of climb
| Take-off run|
|Combat flaps||Take-off flaps||Landing flaps||Air brakes||Arrestor gear||Drogue chute|
|Wings (km/h)||Gear (km/h)||Flaps (km/h)||Max Static G|
|Optimal velocities (km/h)|
|< 450||< 390||< 420||N/A|
|Optimal altitude||100% Engine power||WEP Engine power|
|?,??? m||??? hp||N/A|
Survivability and armour
- 10 mm steel - Firewall armour plate
- 10 mm steel - Firewall cover armour plate
- 10 mm steel - Pilot's back armour plate
- 60 mm bulletproof glass
The A21RB is armed with:
- 1 x 20 mm Akan m/45 cannon, nose-mounted (140 rpg)
- 2 x 12.7 mm Akan m/39A machine guns, nose-mounted (350 rpg = 700 total)
- 2 x 12.7 mm Akan m/39A machine guns, wing-mounted (325 rpg = 650 total)
The A21RB can be outfitted with the following ordnance:
- Without load
- 8 x 8 mm Ksp m/22 machine guns, belly-mounted (gunpod) (100 rpg = 800 total)
- 10 x m/49A rockets
- 10 x m/51 rockets
- 5 x m/49 rockets
Usage in battles
Describe the tactics of playing in the aircraft, the features of using aircraft in a team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view, but instead, give the reader food for thought. Examine the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
|I||Fuselage repair||Offensive 20 mm||Offensive 8 mm|
|II||New boosters||Compressor||Airframe||New 20 mm cannons||m/49A|
|III||Wings repair||Engine||Offensive 12 mm||New 8 mm MGs||m/51|
|IV||G-suit||Cover||New 12 mm MGs||m/49|
Pros and cons
- Able to mount very powerful and accurate rockets for ground attack
- Upgraded engine compared to the comparable J21RA, giving you a better climb rate
- Rocket ramp is rendered as a solid object, reducing your maximum speed by several hundred kph
- Gun-pod only has 800 rounds in total spread between all guns
- Extremely low rip speed for a jet, 787 kph
- 12.7 mm machine-guns instead of the 13.2 mm of the previous propeller-driven version of the plane, severely reducing firepower
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the aircraft in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the vehicle and adding a block "/History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
<references />. This section may also include the vehicle's dev blog entry (if applicable) and the in-game encyclopedia description (under
=== In-game description ===, also if applicable).
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the aircraft;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the aircraft;
- other literature.
|Saab - Swedish Aeroplane Company, Limited (Svenska Aeroplan Aktie Bolag)|
|Fighters||J6B · A21A-3 · J21A-1 · J21A-2|
|Bombers||B3C · B17A · B17B · B18A · B18B · T18B-1 · T18B-2|
|Jet Fighters||A21RB · J21RA · J29A · J/A29B · J29D · J29F · A32A · J32B|
|Sweden jet aircraft|
|Saab||J21RA · A21RB · J29A · J/A29B · J29D · J29F · J32B Lansen · A32A|