The B17BS is a rank I Swedish bomber with a battle rating of 1.3 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update "Raining Fire".
Describe how the aircraft behaves in the air. Speed, manoeuvrability, acceleration and allowable loads - these are the most important characteristics of the vehicle.
|Characteristics|| Max Speed
(km/h at 3,900 m)
| Max altitude
| Turn time
| Rate of climb
| Take-off run|
|Combat flaps||Take-off flaps||Landing flaps||Air brakes||Arrestor gear|
|Wings (km/h)||Gear (km/h)||Flaps (km/h)||Max Static G|
|Optimal velocities (km/h)|
|< 300||< 310||< 320||> 320|
Survivability and armour
- 10mm Steel plate in pilot's seat
- 10mm Steel plate in front of gunner*
- Self-sealing fuel tanks (4 in each wing)
*Note that the gunner is rear-facing
The B17BS is armed with:
- 1 x 8 mm Ksp m/22 Fh machine gun, wing-mounted (500 rpg)
- 1 x 8 mm Ksp m/22 Fv machine gun, wing-mounted (500 rpg)
The B17BS can be outfitted with the following ordnance:
- 9 x 50 kg sb m/42 bombs (450 kg total)
The B17BS is defended by:
- 1 x 8 mm Ksp m/22-37 R machine gun, dorsal turret (300 rpg)
Usage in battles
Describe the tactics of playing in the aircraft, the features of using aircraft in a team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view, but instead, give the reader food for thought. Examine the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
|I||Fuselage repair||Radiator||Offensive 8 mm|
|II||Compressor||Airframe||Turret 8 mm|
|III||Wings repair||Engine||New 8 mm MGs|
|IV||Engine injection||Cover||New 8 mm MGs (turret)|
Pros and cons
- Can land/float on water, unlike its brothers
- Great for bombing anti-aircraft vehicles and light pillboxes
- Slow and large target profile
- Mediocre manoeuvrability
- Small bomb load
- Has weak defensive armament
- Floats create more drag; consequently, slower than the B17B and the B17A
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the aircraft in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the vehicle and adding a block "/History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
<references />. This section may also include the vehicle's dev blog entry (if applicable) and the in-game encyclopedia description (under
=== In-game description ===, also if applicable).
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the aircraft;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the aircraft;
- other literature.
|Swedish Aeroplane Company Ltd. ()|
|Fighters||J21A-1 · J21A-2 · A21A-3|
|Jet fighters||A21RB · J21RA · J29A · J/A29B · J29D · J29F · A32A · J32B · J35D|
|Bombers||B17A · B17B · B17BS|
|Dive-bombers||B3C · B18A · B18B · T18B-1 · T18B-2|