AO-25M-1 (25 kg)
The 25 kg AO-25M-1 is a Soviet air-dropped bomb.
Vehicles equipped with this weapon
- IL-2 (1941)
- IL-2 (1942)
- IL-2 M-82
- IL-2M type 3
- IL-2M "Avenger"
- IL-2M (1943)
- Su-6 (AM-42)
- Su-6 (M-71F)
|Explosive mass||3.7 kg|
|HE max penetration||37 mm|
|Fragment dispersion radius||29 m|
With and explosive mass of only 3.7 kg with a maximum penetration of 37 mm, making it almost unfit against medium and heavy tanks, unless dropped accurately upon the tank or in cluster. Its low explosive mass and penetration means it is best used for bombing light targets like SPAAs and light tanks.
The blast radius on the AO-25M-1 is very small, requiring high precision to hit a target. This means that unless you can aim this bomb well it is very difficult to use effectively.
Comparison with analogues
Give a comparative description of bombs that have firepower equal to this weapon.
Usage in battles
It can be used against SPAAs, artillery positions, MG nests, or armoured cars. Its low explosive mass and penetration make it useless against most armoured targets and bases.
Pros and cons
- Very light and available to carry in relatively large quantities
- Good for destroying light targets like SPAAs
- It has a tiny explosive filler, meaning it is useless for bombing enemy bases
- It has a maximum penetration of 37 mm, making it near useless against medium and heavy tanks
- You need high accuracy to inflict damage
Examine the history of the creation and combat usage of the weapon in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the weapon and adding a block "/History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Weapon-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the article about the variant of the weapon;
- references to approximate analogues by other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- other literature.