10 kg SD10C bomb
The SD10C was a German anti-personnel bomb, mainly used as a sub-munition in cluster bombs.
The grooves seen on the bomb's body ensured good fragmentation, similar to the Mk 2 "pineapple" hand grenade of the US.
Vehicles equipped with this weapon
|Explosive mass||0.75 kg|
|TNT equivalent||0.75 kg|
|HE max penetration||11 mm|
|Fragment dispersion radius||16 m|
This bomb has an explosive power comparable to that of a 3 inch/76mm HE shell. Barely enough to destroy anything, even armoured cars and open vehicles, in which case multiple SD10C bombs are needed.
Comparison with analogues
The only bomb that can be can be comparable is the AO-25M-1 (25kg).
Usage in battles
Pros and cons
- Light and easy for new players to learn how to use ground attack weapons.
- Effective against soft targets (AA, Artillery, open vehicles)
- Payload too small to even inflict damage to armoured targets (pillboxes, tanks).
Examine the history of the creation and combat usage of the weapon in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the weapon and adding a block "/History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Weapon-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the article about the variant of the weapon;
- references to approximate analogues by other nations and research trees.