MK 108 (30 mm)
Write an introduction to the article in 2-3 small paragraphs. Briefly tell us about the history of the development and combat using the weaponry and also about its features. Make an air or ground vehicles list on which this weapon is installed in our game.
Vehicles equipped with this weapon
|Vehicles equipped with this weapon|
|Fighters||Bf 109 G-6 (secondary) · Bf 109 G-10 (secondary) · Bf 109 G-14 (secondary) · ▄Bf 109 G-14/AS (secondary) · Bf 109 K-4|
|Fw 190 D-12 · Ta 152 H-1|
|Twin-engine fighters||Bf 109 Z · Bf 110 G-2 · He 219 A-7 · Ta 154 A-1|
|Jet fighters||He 162 A-1 · Me 163 B · Me 262 A-1a · Me 262 A-2a · Me 262 C-1a · Me 262 C-2b|
Tell us about the tactical and technical characteristics of the cannon or machine gun.
Describe the shells that are available for the cannon and their features and purpose. If it concerns autocannons or machine guns, write about different ammo belts and what is inside (which types of shells).
Comparison with analogues
Give a comparative description of cannons/machine guns, that have firepower equal to these type of weapons.
Usage in battles
Describe the cannon/machine gun in the game - its distinctive features, tactics of usage against the main opponents. Please don't write a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view, but give the reader food for thought.
Pros and cons
- Filled with a lot of HE filler, giving each impacting shell a serious punch
- Comes as an upgrade to both motorcannons or as gunpods on the later Bf 109 G series
- Decent rate of fire for its caliber at 600 RPM
- Decent ammo capacity
- Excellent against bombers, heavy fighters and other large targets
- Slow muzzle velocity and poor ballistic coefficient makes it hard to use against targets beyond 500 meters
- Not ideal for dogfighting as it requires a lot of lead angle.
- In a high speed chase, shells may fail to detonate on target, doing little to no damage
- Absolutely zero effectiveness against armour.
- Heavy recoil which can be dangerous if in a low energy state.
Examine the history of the creation and combat usage of this weapon. If the historical reference turns out to be too big, take it to a separate article, taking a link to an article about the vehicle and adding a block "/ History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(weapon-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article.
An excellent addition to the article would be a video guide, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the article about the variant of the cannon/machine gun;
- references to approximate analogues by other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on weapon;
- other literature.
|Germany aircraft cannons|
|15 mm||MG 151/15|
|20 mm||MG FF · MG FF/M · MG C/30L · MG 151/20|
|30 mm||Maschinenkanone 103 · Maschinenkanone 108|
|37 mm||Bordkanone 3,7|
|50 mm||Bordkanone 5 · Maschinenkanone 214A|
|75 mm||Bordkanone 7,5|
|20 mm||ShVAK (USSR) · Hispano Mk.V (Britain)|
|23 mm||VYa-23 (USSR) · NR-23 (USSR)|
|30 mm||GSh-30-2K (USSR)|
|37 mm||N-37D (USSR)|