Me 262 C-1a
|This page is about the German jet fighter Me 262 C-1a. For other uses, see Me 262 (Family).|
The Me 262 C-1a Heimatschützer I is a rank V German jet fighter with a battle rating of 8.0 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update 1.39.
The Me 262 C-1a Heimatschützer I is a Me 262 A-1a fitted with a rocket booster in its tail. It is intended as an interceptor, climbing very quickly under the power of the booster rocket combined with its two jet engines. However, the boosters have a small fuel supply and shut down minutes after takeoff. Without its booster rocket, the Heimatschützer functions very similarly to the Me 262 A-1a. It has the same armament as the Me 262 A-1.
| Max Speed
(km/h at 6,000 m)
| Max altitude
| Turn time
| Rate of climb
| Max Speed
(km/h at 6,000 m)
|Max altitude (meters)||Turn time (seconds)|| Rate of climb
|Take-off run (meters)|
|Combat flap||Take-off flap||Landing flap||Air brakes||Arrestor gear|
| Wing-break speed
| Gear limit
| Combat flap
|Max Static G|
|< 500||< 600||< 680||> 250|
|Optimal altitude||100% Engine power||WEP Engine power|
|0 m||910 kgf||No WEP|
Survivability and armour
- 15 mm Steel - Behind pilot
- 15 mm Steel - Pilot's headrest
- 15 mm Steel - Between cockpit and fore fuel tank
- 15 mm Steel - Instrument panel plate
- 16 mm Steel x 2 - Ammunition protection plates
- 90 mm Bulletproof glass
The Me 262 C-1a is armed with:
- 4 x 30 mm MK 108 cannons (2 x 100 rpg top + 2 x 80 rpg bottom = 360 total)
The all four cannons are arranged in bundles of two mounted on the underside of the upper mounted in the nose of the aircraft. Two are outfitted with 100 rpg, while the other two have 30 rpg.
Usage in the battles
The Heimatschutzer I's cannon armament consists of four nose-mounted 30 mm Mk 108 autocannons. It has the same armament as the Me 262 A-1a. The Me 262 A-1a and the Me262 C-1a Heimatschützer have the same burst mass of 14.52 kg/s (32.01 lbs/s). This is the second heaviest burst mass of any aircraft in the game.
Manual Engine Control
|Not controllable||Not controllable||Not controllable||Not controllable||Separate||Not controllable||Not controllable|
|I||Fuselage Repair||Offensive 30 mm|
|III||Wing Repair||New 30 mm Cannons|
The biggest issue of the Heimatschützer I is it's poor acceleration across all speeds when the boosters are out of fuel. Thus, the "Compressor" and "New Engine" modifications should have the highest priority. The default ammo belts are decent, but the high explosive content increases with the new ammo. Because of this, researching the 30 mm Belts modification is not a bad idea. The "New Cannons" modification can also be researched to improve the accuracy and reliability of the 30 mm cannons.
Pros and cons
- Heavy armament of four 30 mm cannons
- 2nd highest cannon burst mass compared to other aircraft in the game
- Decent energy retention
- It has a rocket engine, allowing a climb to about 4000 m (13000 ft) within 1.5 minutes
- Slow in comparison to other jets it may encounter
- It's rocket
- Its 30 mm guns are not optimal for jet combat, with a low muzzle velocity and effective range
- Without it's booster, it is a fairly slow climber
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the aircraft in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too big, take it to a separate article, taking a link to an article about the vehicle and adding a block "/ historical reference" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/Name-vehicles/historical reference) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to include links to sources at the end of the article.
An excellent addition to the article will be video guides, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example,
- reference to the series of the aircraft;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- page on aircraft encyclopedia;
- other literature.
- Skins and camouflages for the Me 262 from live.warthunder.com. All Me 262A-1a skins are compatible with the C-1a variant. There are however camouflages made specifically for the C-1a. These can be found here.
|Germany jet aircraft|
|Me.262||Me 262 A-1/U4 Pulkzerstörer · Me 262 A-1a Schwalbe · Me 262 A-2a Sturmvogel · Me 262 C-1a Heimatschützer I · Me 262 C-2b Heimatschützer II|
|He 162 A-1 · He 162 A-2 · Me 163 B · Me 163 B-0 · Ho 229 V3|
|Bombers||Ar 234 B-2 · Ar 234 C-3|
|Other countries||CL-13A Sabre Mk 5 · CL-13B Sabre Mk.6 · ▀MiG-15bis · ▀MiG-19S · Sea Hawk Mk.100 · G.91 R/3|