He 219 A-7
The He 219 A-7 is a premium Rank IV German heavy fighter with a battle rating of 4.3 (AB). It was introduced in Update 1.59 "Flaming Arrows". The He 219 A-7 is unique as it is the first user-created vehicle to be featured in the game as part of the revenue share program, created by Daniil "Joy_Division__" Zaitsev.
The He 219-A7 has three different types of weaponry installed, with a grand total of six cannons.
In the fuselage, It has two Mk 103 30 mm cannons, given 200 rounds, with another pair of MG 151 20 mm cannons with 600 rounds. In the wings it has two Mk 108 30 mm cannons, with a total of 200 rounds. The total of all the ammunition, which it carries is 1000 rounds. It can not be equipped with bombs, rockets, torpedoes or any other type of secondary weapons.
The unique ground-pounding capability of this aircraft makes it a true force to be reckoned with, if left alone. The "Armored Targets" belt for the Mk 103s is easily able to kill medium tanks from the sides and rear. While the Mk 108s or MG 151s can be left to deal with AAA or Artillery Targets, or any fighters that dare to take it head-on.
Do note that the engines seem to overheat rather quickly when running at full WEP.
| Max Speed
(km/h at 6,700 m)
| Max altitude
| Turn time
| Rate of climb
| Max Speed
(km/h at 6,700 m)
|Max altitude (meters)||Turn time (seconds)|| Rate of climb
|Take-off run (meters)|
|Combat flap||Take-off flap||Landing flap||Air brakes||Arrestor gear|
| Wing-break speed
| Gear limit
| Combat flap
|Max Static G|
|< ???||< ???||< ???||> ???|
|Optimal altitude||100% Engine power||WEP Engine power|
|?,??? m||??? hp||?,??? hp|
Survivability and armour
- 8 mm Steel - pilot seat
- 8 mm Steel - radar operator seat
- 12 mm Steel- aircraft nose
The He 219 A-7 is armed with:
- 2 x 30 mm MK 108 cannon (100 rpg = 200 total)
- 2 x 30 mm MK 103 cannon (100 rpg = 200 total)
- 2 x 20 mm MG 151 cannon (300 rpg = 600 total)
The four machine guns are arranged two groups with the two 30 mm MK 108 cannons mounted in the wing roots, while the two Mk 103 and two MG 151 cannons are clustered in the belly of the fuselage. Each of the 30 mm cannons are armed with the same amount of ammunition, which means that all guns will fire with each other until empty. The 20 mm cannons on the other hand have three times as much ammunition and will continue to be able to fire when the 30 mm ammunition is depleted.
Usage in the battles
The below tactics, can be used in all games modes:
Climb to a high altitude, make sure the enemy aircraft is below you, descend and stay on their tail. Since most of your cannons are mounted in the fuselage you don’t need to set convergence. However you will still have to set it, since your two Mk 108 30 mm cannons are mounted in the wings, set it for 600 Meters. Since this will allow them to help with main fuselage cannons to cause critical damage and or to destroy the enemy plane.
Once you locate the enemy Bombers, perform an irrational and fast descent however do not lose your energy and speed, in the process. Once you are closing in, fire a short burst to get your attack angles right. As you start closing on your target, your target gunners may start firing. The rugged airframe of the He-219, will be able to withstand hits.
This does not mean you should only stay only on the bombers six o'clock during the attack, just staying on the six o’clock will result in your untimely death. You need to keep moving around erratically and being unpredictable, if the gunners on the target aircraft have not been neutralized.
Use WEP and fire two to three second burst this will bring the bomber down. Once the bomber is down, ascend and find your next prey. For tougher bombers such as the B-25 Mitchell, you will need to fire a longer burst if aiming for the fuselage, this should be about five seconds. However, you could always aim for the engines and wings and fire a much shorter bust of about two seconds, this will cause major damage to the engine, wing spar, flaps and ailerons. Often causing the target aircraft to catch alight and or lose control and crash which will award you with a kill.
Fighters, interceptors & anything else which is not a bomber.
As Long as you stay behind the tail and are undetected, a fighter aircraft will be a easy kill.
Stay on its tail and do not let it escape. Do not lose your energy: do not turn fight, This is how you will lose the energy you require to escape. Fire above or below the direction it is going to go; as soon as it starts to turn, disengage and use WEP to get you away from that enemy aircraft.
You should really watch out for the following planes, these are able to outperform and eliminate you from the battle: P-61 Black Widow, Yak 9UT including all the Yak’s, the P-51 Mustang, includes all American fighters and British Spitfires.
How to perform defensive fighting:
When you are being engaged by an enemy fighter, make sure you push the engines to WEP and push the plane into a very steep dive of about 70 degrees. You will reach about 470 MPH in this dive, do not perform sharp movements this will result in you causing structural damage and often will rip your wings clean off. To get out of this speed make small improvements to the dive angle of attack, you can keep the speed and energy gained from this evasive dive, then commence your climb back to a high altitude.
From the very start of the game, dive down to very low altitude, perhaps choosing a bearing away from the expected flight path of any enemy fighters. Try to let them pass and engage the fighters on your team before engaging any of the ground targets.
Medium tanks can be killed very easily with the Mk 103s "Armored Targets" belt, aim for the sides of the tanks, or the back of the tanks.
Try your best not to over-extend, as the flight characteristics of the He 219 are not forgiving if you dip too low.
After killing a target from the side, fly a bit away before turning around to re-engage other targets, as you want the best possible chance to strike the tanks with a single shot of the Mk 103s, which can kill tanks easily.
AAA and Artillery can be left alone, or killed easily with the Mk 108s or MG 151s, as you probably want to save the Mk 103s for heavier targets.
Manual Engine Control
|Controllable||Not controllable||Not controllable||Not controllable||Separate||Not ontrollable||Not controllable|
|I||Fuselage Repair, Radiator||Offensive 20 mm, Offensive 30 mm|
|II||Compressor||Airframe||New 20 mm Cannons|
|III||Wing Repair, Engine||Offensive 30 mm, New 30 mm Cannons|
|IV||Engine Injection||Cover||New 30 mm Cannons|
Pros and cons
- Very powerful gun armament, with one of the highest one second burst mass statistics in the game.
- Twin 30 mm MK 108 cannons at a very low Battle Rating.
- Twin 30 mm MK 103 cannons hit like a ton of bricks to any ground targets
- Excels in bomber hunting.
- HVAP-T (MK 103) Have excellent penetration up to 95 mm, allowing for destruction of medium and heavy tanks (with precise aiming).
- Air frame, performance and Handling
- Decent climb rate when used with WEP.
- Tough and sturdy air frame.
- Landing gear is strong, can take a fast hard landing.
- Can keep control with one engine and keep a well controlled descent.
- Can put wing fuel tank fires out in a dive as longed as its throttled back.
- Engines cool down fast a high throttle.
- Engines do not overheat at throttle setting 90% or lower.
- 30 mm MK108 cannons have low velocity.
- No defensive armament.
- No additional armament selection.
- Air frame, performance and Handling
- Hard to evade enemies if they are on your tail.
- Can start to overheat quickly when using WEP.
- Subpar top speed of 388 mph (624 kph).
- Mediocre climb rate performance without WEP.
- Can stall easily, if you put it in a steep climb.
- Requires a lot distance on the runway to land safely.
- To large and heavy to dogfight without sustaining critical damage.
- Cannot put fuselage fires out, if fuselage fuel tanks have been set alight.
- Can be hard to control at low speed and steep angles.
- Not super maneuverable like other twin engine interceptors.
- Banked beyond 85-90 degrees in a turn, will cause the plane to flip over, this can be very hard to recover from if at low altitude.
- Impossible to land without landing gear as the tail section will snap off.
- Massive ballistic performance difference between the MG 151 20 mm, MK 103 30 mm, and MK 108 30 mm cannons, making impossible for most scenarios to combine the full firepower of all 3.
The Heinkel-219-A7 Uhu was produced by the legendary Heinkel company, which was renowned for making excellent aircraft. He-219-A7 Uhu, is a powerful German Night Fighter, with less than 300 aircraft created during the war. It has a very distinct external appearance, the design of the aircaft resembles a “Tasman beaked whale“. He-219-A7 features a pressurized cockpit, one pilot and one radar operator; who operates the plane. The plane offers a powerful twin “Daimler-Benz DB 603 E” engines. Each engine offers up to 1774 Metric horsepower with a top speed of 388 MPH with WEP. The plane is able to climb up to altitudes of 8000 meters (26,248 feet) within 18 minutes and 22 seconds without using WEP. It has two different types of cannons installed: “Four Mk 108, 30mm cannons” all mounted in the fuselage. With “Two MG 151 20mm cannons” mounted in the wings.
It excels at bomber hunting with offering penetration of up to 95mm when used with a HVAP-T Belt. This aircraft is the first plane created by a user which was to be featured in-game. It was made by Daniil _Joy_Division_ Zaitsev who was inspired by another user called NovA29R. The plane texture was created by Arthur Pacifica Carley. The He-219-A7, is a premium plane, which is purchasable in-game, located in the German tech tree for Golden Eagles with a percentage of the sale going back to the model author who created it under the “Revenue Share Program”.
An excellent addition to the article will be video guides, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- page on aircraft encyclopedia;
- other literature.
|Germany twin-engine fighters|
|Messerschmitt||Bf 110 C-7 · Bf 110 F-2 · Bf 110 G-2 · Bf 109 Z|
|Me 410 A-1 · Me 410 A-1/U2 · Me 410 A-1/U4|
|Me 410 B-1 · Me 410 B-1/U2 · Me 410 B-2/U4 · Me 410 B-6/R3|
|Heinkel||He 219 A-7|
|Dornier||Do 17 Z-7 · Do 217 J-1 · Do 217 J-2 · Do 217 N-1 · Do 217 N-2|
|Do 335 A-0 · Do 335 A-1 · Do 335 B-2|
|Focke-Wulf||Ta 154 A-1|
|Junkers||Ju 88 C-6|