5 km/h back42 km/h forward
5 km/h backSpeed
The ZSU-37 is a rank IV Soviet self-propelled anti-aircraft vehicle with a battle rating of 4.7 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update 1.43.
It is based on a SU-76M chassis with a special turret mounting the 37 mm 61-K mod. 1939 anti-aircraft cannon.
Survivability and armour
- Rolled homogeneous armour
|Hull|| 35 mm (60°) Front glacis
45 mm (30°) Lower glacis
60 mm (34-84°) Driver's port
|15 mm|| 10 mm Top
15 mm (32°) Bottom
|Turret|| 15 mm (16°) Turret front
15 mm (0-12°) Gun mantlet
|15 mm (1-2°)||8 mm||N/A|
- Suspension wheels are 10 mm thick while tracks are 15 mm thick.
- Belly armour is 10 mm thick.
- The turret has an armoured basket which is 10 mm thick
|Weight (tons)||Add-on Armor
|Max speed (km/h)|
|Engine power (horsepower)|
|Power-to-weight ratio (hp/ton)|
|61-K (37 mm)|
|Capacity (Belt capacity each)||Fire rate
|Turret rotation speed (°/s)|
|Mode||Stock||Upgraded||Prior + Full crew||Prior + Expert qualif.||Prior + Ace qualif.|
|Reloading rate (seconds)|
|Stock||Prior + Full crew||Prior + Expert qualif.||Prior + Ace qualif.|
Usage in battles
Describe the tactics of playing in the vehicle, the features of using vehicles in the team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view but instead give the reader food for thought. Describe the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
Pros and cons
- Single 37 mm 61-K cannon is capable of completely destroying enemy aircraft with only one or two hits
- Has reasonably better hull armour compared to other SPAA's with a similar battle rating
- Reloading is extremely fast; can fire almost constantly until the ammo storage is completely empty
- Armor-piercing belt's with 70 mm of penetration can be used to destroy light armoured ground vehicles if necessary and can even be used to destroy Shermans if fired at lower side armour
- Crewmembers are very vulnerable to aircraft shooting from high angle due to opened top
- Struggles in rough terrain and steering is very stiff due to low engine power
- Turret has hardly any protection and barely manages to resist small-calibre machineguns
- When aiming vertically, the turret has to turn to the direction first, then aim vertically; taking quite long before aiming at the final position
- Turret rotation is somewhat sluggish
- Prone to hull break
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the ground vehicle in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the vehicle and adding a block "/ History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article. This section may also include the vehicle's dev blog entry (if applicable) and the in-game encyclopedia description (under
=== Encyclopedia Info ===, also if applicable).
Since tank divisions were facing greater losses from attacks by enemy assault aircraft, the decision was made to create a self-propelled anti-air mount based on light tanks. Work on the creation of a self-propelled installation based on the T-70 tank began in 1942. Two experimental models were released. Serious design flaws were uncovered during the testing phase.
In December, 1943 the ZSU-37 SPG was built at Factory #38 under the management of M.N. Shukin. It was armed with a 37mm KB M.N. Loginov 61-K AA cannon. The vehicle was based on the SU-76M SPG, but instead of a combat cockpit they installed an open, rotating turret. An experimental model of the vehicle successfully underwent state-run testing and was recommended for serial production. However, due to production difficulties, serial production was moved to Factory #40 in Mytishchi.
The vehicle’s design was enhanced at the new factory, and, after undergoing testing in October-November 1944, the vehicle began to be released serially. The vehicle was released in a small series of 75 units from 1945-1946. It was never used in combat.
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the vehicles;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the tank;
- other literature.
|USSR anti-aircraft vehicles|
|Based on trucks||GAZ-AAA (4M) · GAZ-AAA (DShK) · KB ZIS BTR-152A · GAZ-MM (72-K) · ZiS-12 (94-KM) · ZiS-43|
|Other||ZUT-37 · ZSU-37 · ▂Type 65 · ZSU-57-2 · ZSU-23-4 "Shilka" · ZPRK 2S6 "Tunguska"|