The Luftvärnskanonvagn 42 - Swedish for "air defence cannon wagon of 1942" - is a rank IV Swedish SPAA with a battle rating of 5.0 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update 1.97 "Viking Fury".
Survivability and armour
Describe armour protection. Note the most well protected and key weak areas. Appreciate the layout of modules as well as the number and location of crew members. Is the level of armour protection sufficient, is the placement of modules helpful for survival in combat? If necessary use a visual template to indicate the most secure and weak zones of the armour.
|Game Mode||Max Speed (km/h)||Weight (tons)||Engine power (horsepower)||Power-to-weight ratio (hp/ton)|
Modifications and economy
|40 mm Lvakan m/48||Turret rotation speed (°/s)||Reloading rate (seconds)|
|Mode||Capacity (Belt)||Fire rate||Vertical||Horizontal||Stabilizer||Stock||Upgraded||Full||Expert||Aced||Stock||Full||Expert||Aced|
- Default: ·
- slsgr m/36C: · · ·
- slhpgr m/43: · · ·
|Belt||Penetration @ 0° Angle of Attack (mm)|
|10 m||100 m||500 m||1,000 m||1,500 m||2,000 m|
|104||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__ (+__)||__|
Usage in battles
Describe the tactics of playing in the vehicle, the features of using vehicles in the team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view but instead give the reader food for thought. Describe the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
Pros and cons
- Good penetration - excellent Swedish 40 mm performance can make quick work of enemy light tanks as well as medium units if utilized correctly!
- Very fast turret traverse and elevation rate (can reach 70°/s with an aced crew)
- Stock belt alternates between AP and HE every other round, making it a very effective all-purpose belt
- 240 RPM, only the Ostwind and AMX-13 DCA 40 is on par with the fire rate
- Very nimble, its agility can get you safely around the battlefield
- Paper thin armour - very easy to be disabled or entirely knocked out by incoming HMG fire
- Low ammo storage - quickly runs out of ammunition when engaging several threats
- Along with the poor armour, the turret crew's heads are visible - making them easy targets for enemy machine gun fire
- AP belt has lower penetration than the HE and stock belt, but has more post-pen damage
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the vehicle in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the vehicle and adding a block "/History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
<references />. This section may also include the vehicle's dev blog entry (if applicable) and the in-game encyclopedia description (under
=== In-game description ===, also if applicable).
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the vehicles;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the tank;
- other literature.
|Sweden anti-aircraft vehicles|
|Lvrbv 701 · Lvkv 42 · Lvkv 9040C · Lvtdgb m/40|
|L-62 ANTI II · Pvlvv fm/42 · VEAK 40 · ASRAD-R|