T-80 MBT (Family)
|This page is about the post-war T-80 MBT (Family). For the WWII light tank, see T-80.|
The T-80 is a third-generation main battle tank designed and manufactured in the Soviet Union. When it entered service in 1976, it was the second MBT in the world to be equipped with a gas turbine engine after the Swedish Strv 103 and the first to use it as a primary propulsion engine.
- T-80B - Object 219R; the first major revision of T-80 series with revised hull and design, later series installed Kontakt-1 ERA as the T-80BV
- T-80U - Object 219AS; the second major revision with Kontakt-5 ERA, new turret and composite armor layout.
- T 80 U (Sweden) - T-80U in Sweden used only for evaluation in the 1990s.
- T-80UK - Commander tank version of T-80U featured a pair of Shtora-1 IR jammer.
- T-80UM2 - Object 219AS-M; new FCS with thermal channel and featured a Dzord hard-kill APS.
- T-80BVM - The current standards for T-80BV with new Relikt ERA packages since 2018.
|Leningrad Kirov Plant (Ленинградский Кировский Завод)|
|T-28||T-28 (1938) · T-28 · T-28E|
|T-80||T-80B · T-80U · T-80UK · T-80BVM|
|KV-1||KV-1 (L-11) · KV-1 (ZiS-5) · KV-1E · KV-1S|
|KV-2||KV-2 (1939) · KV-2 (1940) · KV-2 (ZiS-6) · KV-220|
|Other||SMK · IS-7 · Object 279|
|KV||▀KV-IB · ▀KW I C 756 (r) · ▀KW II 754 (r)|
|See Also||Chelyabinsk Tractor Plant|