NS-45 (45 mm)
Write an introduction to the article in 2-3 small paragraphs. Briefly tell us about the history of the development and combat using the weaponry and also about its features. Compile a list of air, ground, or naval vehicles that feature this weapon system in the game.
Vehicles equipped with this weapon
Tell us about the tactical and technical characteristics of the cannon or machine gun.
HEFI-T Shell is the only shell available for this gun. It has a velocity of 780 m/s and has 118g A-IX-2 of HE filler which is equivalent to 200.6g of TNT.
Comparison with analogues
Give a comparative description of cannons/machine guns, that have firepower equal to these type of weapons.
Usage in battles
Describe the cannon/machine gun in the game - its distinctive features, tactics of usage against the main opponents. Please don't write a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view, but give the reader food for thought.
Pros and cons
- Decent velocity (takes some time to get used to)
- Almost always one shots or leaves critical hits
- Quite accurate after the "New Cannon" upgrade is unlocked
- Hard to lead (Can get used to gun fairly fast)
- No spray capability
- No AP shells for mixed battles like that on the similar NS-37 on the Yak-9T
Examine the history of the creation and combat usage of this weapon. If the historical reference turns out to be too big, take it to a separate article, taking a link to an article about the vehicle and adding a block "/ History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(weapon-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article.
An excellent addition to the article would be a video guide, as well as screenshots from the game and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the article about the variant of the cannon/machine gun;
- references to approximate analogues by other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the weapon;
- other literature.
|USSR aircraft cannons|
|20 mm||ShVAK · B-20E · B-20M · B-20S|
|23 mm||VYa-23 · NS-23 · NS-23K · NR-23 · PTB-23 · GSh-23L · GSh-23-2|
|30 mm||NR-30 · GSh-30-2K|
|37 mm||NS-37 · N-37 · N-37D|
|20 mm||MG 151/20 (Germany)|
|37 mm||M4 (USA) · M10 (USA)|