NS-37 (37 mm)
Write an introduction to the article in 2-3 small paragraphs. Briefly tell us about the history of the development and combat using the weaponry and also about its features. Compile a list of air, ground, or naval vehicles that feature this weapon system in the game.
Vehicles equipped with this weapon
Tell us about the tactical and technical characteristics of the cannon or machine gun.
- Default: ·
- Air Targets:
- Armored targets:
Comparison with analogues
Give a comparative description of cannons/machine guns that have firepower equal to this weapon.
Usage in battles
Describe the cannon/machine gun in the game - its distinctive features, tactics of usage against notable opponents. Please don't write a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view, but give the reader food for thought.
Pros and cons
Summarise and briefly evaluate the weaponry in terms of its characteristics and combat effectiveness. Mark pros and cons as a list.
- If it hits, almost always ends in one-shot destruction or a critical hit
- Excellent gun for shooting in small bursts
- Useful for air and ground targets
- AP-T shells can penetrate up to 60mm, piercing
many tank roofs like: Panther(A,D,G,F) ,Tiger I,Panzer IV ,Sherman,Churchill,etc
- Aircraft which utilize it have low ammunition count
- Aircraft must be in very close to the target to increase accuracy
- Accuracy decreases drastically with continuous shooting
- Overheats quickly
- Gun features only three ammunition belts to choose from
- No stealth belt available
Examine the history of the creation and combat usage of the weapon in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the weapon and adding a block "/History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Weapon-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the article about the variant of the cannon/machine gun;
- references to approximate analogues by other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the weapon;
- other literature.
|USSR aircraft cannons|
|20 mm||B-20E · B-20M · B-20S · ShVAK|
|23 mm||GSh-23-2 · GSh-23L · NR-23 · NS-23 · NS-23K · PTB-23 · VYa-23|
|30 mm||2A42 · GSh-30-2K · NR-30|
|37 mm||N-37 · N-37D · NS-37|
|20 mm||Hispano Mk.II (Britain) · MG 151 (Germany)|
|37 mm||M4 (USA) · M10 (USA)|
|France aircraft cannons|
|20 mm||GIAT M.621 · Hispano 404 · Hispano HS.9 · M50|
|30 mm||DEFA 541 · DEFA 551 · DEFA 552 · DEFA 552A · DEFA 553 · GIAT M781|
|20 mm||AN/M2 (USA) · M3 (USA) · M24A1 (USA) · M39A1 (USA) · MG 151 (Germany) · ShVAK (USSR)|
|37 mm||M10 (USA) · NS-37 (USSR)|