|This page is about the British heavy tank Churchill NA75. For other versions, see Churchill (Family).|
The Tank, Infantry, Mk IV, Churchill NA75 is a rank III British heavy tank with a battle rating of 4.3 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update "Sky Guardians".
Survivability and armour
The Churchill NA75 has the ability to angle the tank to improve overall frontal armour and thus survivability.
- Rolled homogeneous armour (Hull, Cupola doors)
- Cast homogeneous armour (Turret, Hull machine gun area)
|Armour||Front (Slope angle)||Sides||Rear||Roof|
|Hull|| 89 mm Front plate
89 + 89 mm Front plate (MG Port)
38 mm (70°) Front glacis
76.2 mm (20°) Lower glacis
| 64 mm
76.2 mm Side hatch
38 mm Edges
26 + 38 mm Rear
| 50.8 mm
25.4 mm (71°) Bottom
|Turret|| 89-104 mm (1°-38°) Turret front
76.2 mm (5°-65°) + 50.8 mm (10°-63°) Gun mantlet
|76-80 mm||76-80 mm||35-45 mm|
|Cupola||19.05 mm||19.05 mm||19.05 mm|| 19.5 mm Front |
25.4 mm Back
- Suspension wheels and chassis construction are 20 mm thick while tracks are 30 mm thick.
- Air inlets have a 63.5 mm plate modelled.
Write about the mobility of the ground vehicle. Estimate the specific power and manoeuvrability, as well as the maximum speed forwards and backwards.
|Game Mode||Max Speed (km/h)||Weight (tons)||Engine power (horsepower)||Power-to-weight ratio (hp/ton)|
Modifications and economy
|75 mm M3||Turret rotation speed (°/s)||Reloading rate (seconds)|
|Ammunition|| Type of
|Penetration @ 0° Angle of Attack (mm)|
|10 m||100 m||500 m||1,000 m||1,500 m||2,000 m|
|Ammunition|| Type of
| Fuse delay
| Fuse sensitivity
| Explosive mass
(TNT equivalent) (g)
|Smoke shell characteristics|
| Screen radius
| Screen deploy
| Screen hold
| Explosive mass|
(TNT equivalent) (g)
|81||78 (+3)||57 (+24)||18 (+63)||1 (+80)||No|
- Racks disappear after all shells in the rack have been fired.
|7.92 mm BESA|
|Mount||Capacity (Belt)||Fire rate||Vertical||Horizontal|
Usage in battles
Describe the tactics of playing in the vehicle, the features of using vehicles in the team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view but instead give the reader food for thought. Describe the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
Pros and cons
- The cheek area of the turret is significantly reduced and well sloped sideways (previously a major weak spot of Churchill III)
- The 75 mm gun offers a significant improvement in firepower
- The M61 APHE shot makes engaging and destroying enemies much easier than with solid shots
- A great gun depression of -12 degrees makes fighting in mountainous terrain easy
- Excellent armour for its BR range; can withstand multiple enemy shots (except the German long 75 mm guns)
- Has smoke grenades to lay a smoke screen
- Vehicle difficult to manoeuvre in tight and narrow streets, and with a terrible and slow reverse speed (-3 km/h)
- Slow top speed and poor mobility are inherent weaknesses, requiring extra caution in close quarters engagement.
- No primitive gun stabiliser for the 75 mm gun, sudden stopping of the tank causes the gun to wobble
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the vehicle in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the vehicle and adding a block "/History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
<references />. This section may also include the vehicle's dev blog entry (if applicable) and the in-game encyclopedia description (under
=== In-game description ===, also if applicable).
Similar Churchill variants in the game:
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- other literature.
|Britain heavy tanks|
|Matilda||Matilda III · Matilda Hedgehog|
|Churchill||Churchill I · Churchill III · Churchill VII · Churchill Crocodile · Churchill NA75 · Black Prince|
|Post-war||Caernarvon · Conqueror|
|Other||Independent · Excelsior|