14 km/h back35 km/h forward
13 km/h backSpeed
The Heavy Tank T32E1 is a Rank V American heavy tank with a battle rating of 7.7 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update 1.83 "Masters of the Sea".
Being the next stage of it's development cycle, the T32E1 is essentially the same as the T32 except the designers replaced the cast homogeneous plates of the front hull in favor of simpler rolled homogeneous ones, deleting the hull machine gun port in the process. This not only removes an obvious weakness from the design, but it also strengthened the front hull plate from penetrations.
Survivability and armour
|Armour||Front (Slope angle)||Sides||Rear||Roof|
|Hull|| 127 mm (58°) Upper glacis
95.3 mm (18°) Seam
95.3 mm (40-59°) Lower glacis
|76.2 mm||50.8 mm|| 66.6 mm Crew compartment
25.4 mm Engine compartment
|Turret|| 298.4 mm (8-21°) Turret front
298.4 mm (0-80°) Gun mantlet
|152.4 - 196 mm (3-42°)||152.4 mm (0-72°)||25.4 mm|
|Cupola||152 mm||25 mm|
Write about the mobility of the ground vehicle. Estimate the specific power and manoeuvrability, as well as the maximum speed forwards and backwards.
|90 mm T15E2|
|Turret rotation speed (°/s)|
|Mode||Stock||Upgraded||Prior + Full crew||Prior + Expert qualif.||Prior + Ace qualif.|
|Reloading rate (seconds)|
|Stock||Prior + Full crew||Prior + Expert qualif.||Prior + Ace qualif.|
|Ammunition|| Type of
|Penetration in mm @ 0° Angle of Attack|
|Ammunition|| Type of
Mass in kg
| Fuse delay
| Fuse sensitivity
| Explosive Mass in g
| Normalization At 30°
|54||XX (+XX)||XX (+XX)||XX (+XX)||No|
Offensive and anti-aircraft machine guns not only allow you to fight some aircraft but also are effective against lightly armoured vehicles. Evaluate machine guns and give recommendations on its use.
Usage in battles
Describe the tactics of playing in the vehicle, the features of using vehicles in the team and advice on tactics. Refrain from creating a "guide" - do not impose a single point of view but instead give the reader food for thought. Describe the most dangerous enemies and give recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of the game in different modes (AB, RB, SB).
Pros and cons
- Removal of the hull MG port = one less weak spot to worry about
- Same hard-hitting 90mm gun as on the original T32
- Great turret armour; all but invincible when hull-down
- Good hull armour; can take a hit or two, especially if angled correctly
- T41 AP shell has outstanding post-penetration damage
- Reasonably mobile for a heavy tank
- Great gun depression; good for hull-down tactics
- Ammo rack in the middle of the tank; a shell strike and penetration there can result in instantaneous destruction
- Long reload time of 15-18 seconds
- Small but noticeable shot trap where the mantlet meets the hull; enemies may try to shoot there
- Stock AP round doesn't have explosive filler, making killing enemy tanks somewhat difficult
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the ground vehicle in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too big, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the vehicle and adding a block "/ History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Vehicle-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article. This section may also include the vehicle's dev blog entry (if applicable) and the in-game encyclopedia description (under
=== Encyclopedia Info ===, also if applicable).
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the vehicles;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- encyclopedia page on the tank;
- other literature.
|USA heavy tanks|
|M4 Jumbo||M4A3E2 · Cobra King · M4A3E2 (76) W|
|Small-scale series||T14 · M6A1 · T26E1-1|
|Post-war||T29 · T30 · T32 · T32E1 · T34 · M103|