GBU-16 Paveway II (1,092 lb)
The GBU-16 Paveway II is an American laser-guided bomb. It was introduced in Update "Apex Predators".
Vehicles equipped with this weapon
|Vehicles equipped with this weapon
|◄Tornado IDS ASSTA1 · ▄Tornado IDS (1995)
|495.3 kg (1,092 lbs)
Describe the type of damage produced by this type of bomb (high explosive, splash damage, etc)
Comparison with analogues
Give a comparative description of bombs that have firepower equal to this weapon.
Usage in battles
Describe situations when you would utilise this bomb in-game (vehicle, pillbox, base, etc)
Pros and cons
- The GBU-16 can be dropped from high altitude and will glide to its target, keeping the carrying aircraft at a safe distance from the target
- The GBU-16 impacts the flight performance: a carrying aircraft will be hampered if it gets into an air combat
Examine the history of the creation and combat usage of the weapon in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the weapon and adding a block "/History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Weapon-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the article about the variant of the weapon;
- references to approximate analogues by other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- other literature.
|GBU-16 Paveway II
|AGM-62A Walleye I
|AGM-62A Walleye I ER
|GBU-8 · GBU-15(V)1/B
|GBU-10 Paveway II
|PC 1400 X (Fritz X)
|KAB-500Kr · KAB-500Kr-E · KAB-500L
|GBU-12 Paveway II
|GBU-24 Paveway III
|List of unguided bombs · List of retarded bombs