Talk:Type 60 SPRG (C)
Single gear driving comment
Well, the reverse gear of SPRG is more responsive as is, but thing is, driving skill doesn't affect it at all, unlike on other tanks, where they start throttling a bit.
It's easier to explain with forward gears, really, as not many tanks have lots of gears, which alternate every 5 km/h. Well, for example Tortoise is easy to get stuck with low driver skill. So you have to use "neutral steering" for literally anything, and it can screw you over when your gun traverse fails to catch flanking tank, so you try to overcompensate by turning at the same time as going backwards, but then you can only move backwards at gear 1 (with no speed to bleed to speed up turn even more) or just get stuck as it throttles.
Striker (which has 7 gears on either direction) fail to turn around or bleed speed heavily with low driver skill, so you have to wait until gear 5 to turn by bleeding all of your speed into turn, while aced crew can turn tank around with "move forward" pressed on at gear 2 indefinitely, without making the tank stop.
Here, we just have this one gear, which pulls tank around about 2 times better than forward gears all together at level 5, and on top of that it's always same on all crew levels. Something tells me ace driver can sacrifice top forward speed to turn as fast as reverse, but it's very unlikely to level up crew that high (unless you just use this tank alone all the time, or use premium).
- No worries, it just seemed if there was more information (documented) to back it up then it could be placed there - potentially useful information. I don't play tanks, so I didn't quite understand if that was a known quirk with the crew levels or if that was documented as actual modelled gameplay. It might actually be a bug, I am not sure if the developers have modelled reverse speed into the crew levels, would be interesting to know. AN_TRN_26 (talk) 11:43, 3 June 2019 (UTC)
- Reverse speed and max turn speed is probably coded into vehicle itself somehow, or is a sum of other factors. But how it is a thing with SPRG, that it can turn with rear 3 times faster than with front I cannot deduce.
- Dunno, if I can make better comparsion for you... Lets compare biplane, random WW2 fighter and Mitsubishi T-2 to tanks. Don't take it as a given fact, but as example.
- Biplane can turn and do flips as much as it wants to and it won't lose speed much - Well, yes, that's its TTX, but it also doesn't even have flaps - something similar to what we have on SPRG with single reverse gear, so you cannot possibly screw it up.
- Then you have WW2 plane, which has flaps, WEP, ailerons, rolls ETC used in certain moments in a single motion to achieve ultimate turn. Sure, you have planes which turn about as good as early biplanes, but you need to do those mechanics to reach same effect - that's what tortoise turning-while-moving pretty much looks like - well, it is not going to magically speed up to speed of light, but you can make it considerably better.
- Now, we have Mitsubishi - it's turn rate is a potato, but it can sacrifice half of it's speed to do magical unicorn level of turn and shoot something down - that's what Striker does by default.
- Now, Mistubishi can turn around, but it will take you all your skill to not rip it in half or get shot while you do this (it's a jet, after all), especially if it's damaged. For striker - if driver is a potato, he cannot even turn the vehicle without neutral steer, because while he thinks "UUHHH SECOND GEAR" the tank bleeds all it's speed and stops, so it takes maxed out driver + at least expert to reach 20 km/h while turning that car at all (and only ace never fails). It's not like it NEEDS to drive while turning, since supersonic nerfs, but still. --bangerland (talk) 12:51, 3 June 2019 (UTC)
- To be fair though, I still remember those legend that said Ho-Ri production could drive 50 km/h with reverse, so it may as well be just that. I don't know how to confirm if turn speed is correct or not, though - I'm not an engineer, and in AB we have fantasy engine TTX for balance sake. Is there something similar on other factions? T92 looks somewhat comparable, but it's still very different. Plus, I don't have it. --bangerland (talk) 13:49, 3 June 2019 (UTC)