The Sevastopol-class, Parizhskaya kommuna, 1941 (or "Paris Commune") is a rank V Soviet battleship with a battle rating of 6.7 (AB/RB/SB). It was introduced in Update "Direct Hit".
Survivability and armour
As the first battleship in the game with World War II refit, the Parizhskaya kommuna has an exceptional survivability compared to other World War I dreadnoughts. While most of Parizhskaya kommuna's armour profile remains the same from her sister ship, the Poltava, there are several key changes. Most prominent changes is that her main turret's roof is doubled in thickness (from 76 mm to 152 mm) which made it much harder to disable. The citadel deck armour is also increased up to 76 mm. This increased protection is offset by the change of its fuel from coal to oil, which eliminates the protection from the coal bunkers and made it slightly worse at taking a hit through the armour belt. The vessel is also equipped with torpedo bulges which can protect the sides of the ship from torpedo warheads up to 250 kg of TNT.
The modernisation of the ship increased the displacement of the ship by some 7,000 tons, compared to the WW1-era Poltava, making the Parizhskaya Kommuna sit rather low in the water. While in real life this may be undesirable due to seakeeping issues, this is a huge benefit to your survivability in War Thunder. Much of the vital components of the ship (such as magazines and engines) are well below the waterline, the ships low profile making them difficult to hit.
The Parizhskaya kommuna has a high crew count, this allows her to tank more hits than any other dreadnoughts before going down.
As expected from a battleship, the Parizhskaya kommuna is a slow ship. Although its displacement is increased by a whooping 7,500 tons from its predecessor, the overall agility of the Parizhskaya kommuna is decreased only a bit thanks to more efficient oil-powered engines.
|Game Mode||Upgrade Status||Maximum Speed (km/h)|
Modifications and economy
The ship is armed with the same set of 305 mm guns as the Imperatritsa Mariya and Poltava, and has access to the same devastating shells. The modernisation of the Parizhskaya Kommuna included an increase to the rate of fire of the main cannons, which have a minimum reload time of 27 seconds. This makes a small but noticeable upgrade to the firepower, as it is able to sling substantially more shells downrange during the course of a regular battle.
- 12-inch HE patt.1911 - The stock HE shells have just over 47 kg of TNT filler and are capable of wrecking even the most heavily armoured cruisers. However, it is fairly ineffective at dealing direct damage against most battleships due to the weak armour penetration. Though it can destroy battleships by causing fires, flooding and knocking out the crew, it can take a while to do significant damage and it is usually better to target enemy cruisers when using this shell.
- 12-inch AP patt.1911 - The armour-piercing shells have a sizable level of filler, at 13 kg of TNT, which is roughly equal to or better than most shells of other nations. They maintain good levels of penetration at long distances, letting you penetrate most capital ships with ease. However, though this is a powerful shell by armour-piercing standards, it simply falls short when it comes to dealing damage inside enemy vessels, due to the relatively low filler compared to the SAP shell, which remains the most reliable choice against all surface targets. Only on the rare occasions where you can't get through enemy armour with SAP shells are your AP shells a viable choice.
- 12-inch SAP patt.1911 - The SAP is the most devastating shell, with 55 kg of explosive filler and good penetration. At 10 km distance, the shells still retain enough penetration power to enable you to effectively combat practically any ship at any reasonable distance.
- 12-inch HE patt.1928 - The Parizhskaya Kommuna also has access to an upgraded HE shell with a much higher muzzle velocity and an increased explosive power with 55 kg of filler.
|Ammunition|| Type of
|Penetration @ 0° Angle of Attack (mm)|
|1,000 m||2,500 m||5,000 m||7,500 m||10,000 m||15,000 m|
|12-inch HE patt.1911||HE||91||91||91||91||91||91|
|12-inch AP patt.1911||AP||524||479||423||383||353||314|
|12-inch SAP patt.1911||SAP||396||363||320||290||267||237|
|12-inch HE patt.1928||HE||92||92||92||92||92||92|
|Ammunition|| Type of
| Fuse delay
| Fuse sensitivity
| Explosive Mass
(TNT equivalent) (kg)
|12-inch HE patt.1911||HE||762||470.9||0||0.1||47.48||48°||63°||71°|
|12-inch AP patt.1911||AP||762||470.9||18||12||12.96||48°||63°||71°|
|12-inch SAP patt.1911||SAP||762||470.9||0||12||55.2||48°||63°||71°|
|12-inch HE patt.1928||HE||950||314||0||0.1||55.41||79°||80°||81°|
Some ships are fitted with weapons of various calibres. Secondary armaments are defined as weapons chosen with the control
Select secondary weapon. Evaluate the secondary armaments and give advice on how to use them. Describe the ammunition available for the secondary armament. Provide recommendations on how to use them and which ammunition to choose. Remember that any anti-air armament, even heavy calibre weapons, belong in the next section. If there is no secondary armament, remove this section.
The Parizhskaya Kommuna is armed with a competent anti-air suite, composed of 6 x 76 mm cannons, 16 x 37 mm autocannons and 12 x 12.7 mm machine guns. All MGs and autocannons are in unprotected single mounts, meaning that they're easily disabled by enemy gunfire or bombs. It's advisable to not bother repairing them while duelling with enemy vessels as you'll be essentially feeding crew out of the armoured citadel and into unprotected mounts that can be taken out by even destroyer-calibre HE.
The 76 mm cannons form your long-range defence, with their timed fuse shells. The filler of the shells is 200 g, but you have 6 of these cannons and the reload isn't terrible, so can keep up a steady stream of flak to keep inbound aircraft dodging, lest they be hit by fragments.
For closer range defence, you have the 37 mm autocannons. The mounts have a decent traverse speed, but the guns themselves are not outstanding, with relatively average accuracy, range and rate of fire, a couple of hits or less can delete enemy fighters. Bombers may take more hits though.
To top it off, the 12.7 mm MGs are basically there to supplement the 37 mm guns. They're not exactly long range and don't do a lot of damage, their rate of fire being the only thing going for them, but they increase the volume of fire being spewed at enemy planes, which is never a bad thing.
All in all, the Parizhskaya Kommuna can sustain an AA field roughly equivalent to many cruisers. While not in any way exceptional, it is still more than capable of defending against aircraft.
Usage in battles
Describe the technique of using this ship, the characteristics of her use in a team and tips on strategy. Abstain from writing an entire guide – don't try to provide a single point of view, but give the reader food for thought. Talk about the most dangerous opponents for this vehicle and provide recommendations on fighting them. If necessary, note the specifics of playing with this vehicle in various modes (AB, RB, SB).
Pros and cons
- Powerful main guns and has access to improved HE shells
- Main guns can all be fired from the broadside
- Extremely well-protected
- Main turrets are very hard to disable
- Increased citadel thickness compared to the Poltava
- Huge crew count of 1,730 sailors
- As a WW2 refit, she had a good anti-air defenses
- Very poor mobility
Describe the history of the creation and combat usage of the ship in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the ship and adding a block "/History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Ship-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
<references />. This section may also include the ship's dev blog entry (if applicable) and the in-game encyclopedia description (under
=== In-game description ===, also if applicable).
Links to articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the series of the ship;
- links to approximate analogues of other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- other literature.
|Baltic Shipyard ()|
|Kirov · Maxim Gorky|
|*Laid down at the Russian-Baltic shipyard in Tallinn|
|Sevastopol-class||Poltava · Parizhskaya kommuna|
|Imperatritsa Martiya-class||Imperatritsa Mariya|