RW61 (380 mm)
Write an introduction to the article in 2-3 small paragraphs. Briefly tell us about the history of the development and combat using the weaponry and also about its features. Compile a list of air, ground, or naval vehicles that feature this weapon system in the game.
Vehicles equipped with this weapon
Tell us about the tactical and technical characteristics of the cannon or machine gun.
The RW61 fires a 380 mm rocket with well over 100 kg of explosives.
Comparison with analogues
The rocket launcher is a very unique weapon and can only reasonably be compared to a 250 kg bomb in terms of damage capability.
Usage in battles
The RW61 is a very potent weapon when used correctly and is capable of facing almost any foe that the operator will meet, be it a WWII heavy tank, a modern MBT. However, this capability comes at a cost; the rocket is very hard to aim and the exposed ammunition coupled with the very long reload of the launcher makes a miss at close range almost certainly fatal unless backup is provided. Remaining undetected is also an issue, due to the Sturmmörser's high profile and the fact that if seen the rockets can be easily shot down mid-flight if the enemy has functioning machine guns.
Pros and cons
- Able to knock out any vehicle in the game, often regardless of where the target is hit
- Splash damage from the rocket can destroy multiple vehicles within the destruction radius
- 380 mm rocket has no tracer, can be hard to detect
- Due to the rocket's low velocity, it can be lobbed over hills and obstacles while the vehicle operator remains in a safe position
- Due to the fact that it is a rocket, accurate aiming can be a challenge, especially on slopes
- Extremely long reload makes misses at close range certain death
- When the gun is loaded, the rocket can be shot while in the barrel to result in an ammo detonation
- Since the rocket is so large and slow, it can easily be shot down with MG fire if noticed soon enough
- Rocket can at times be unreliable if impacting tracks or cannon barrels
Examine the history of the creation and combat usage of the weapon in more detail than in the introduction. If the historical reference turns out to be too long, take it to a separate article, taking a link to the article about the weapon and adding a block "/History" (example: https://wiki.warthunder.com/(Weapon-name)/History) and add a link to it here using the
main template. Be sure to reference text and sources by using
<ref></ref>, as well as adding them at the end of the article with
Excellent additions to the article would be video guides, screenshots from the game, and photos.
Links to the articles on the War Thunder Wiki that you think will be useful for the reader, for example:
- reference to the article about the variant of the cannon/machine gun;
- references to approximate analogues by other nations and research trees.
Paste links to sources and external resources, such as:
- topic on the official game forum;
- other literature.
|Germany tank cannons|
|20 mm||KwK30 · KwK38 · Rh202|
|30 mm||MK 30-2/ABM|
|37 mm||KwK34(t) · KwK36 · KwK38(t) · PaK L/45|
|50 mm||KwK39 · KwK L/42 · PaK38|
|57 mm||Bofors L/70 Mk.1|
|75 mm||K51 L/24 · KwK37 · KwK40 L43 · KwK40 L48 · KwK42 · KwK44 · KwK44 L/36.5 · PaK39 L48 · PaK40/3 L46 · PaK42 · StuK37 · StuK40 L43 · StuK40 L48|
|76 mm||PaK36 (r)|
|88 mm||Flak.37 · Flak 41 · KwK36 · KwK43 · PaK43|
|105 mm||CN105-57 · FMK.4 Modelo 1L · K.18 · KwK L/68 · L7A3 · PzK M57 · StuH42|
|120 mm||Rh120 L/44 · Rh120 L/55|
|128 mm||K.40 · KwK44 · PaK44|
|150 mm||s.I.G.33 · Stu.H 43 L/12|
|HSS 831L (Britain)|
|57 mm||6pdr OQF Mk.V (Britain)|
|73 mm||2A28 (USSR)|
|75 mm||M3 (USA)|
|76 mm||F-32 (USSR) · F-34 (USSR) · M32 (USA)|
|90 mm||M36 (USA) · M41 (USA)|
|105 mm||GT-3 (Britain)|
|125 mm||2A46M (USSR)|
|152 mm||M-10T (USSR) · XM150E5 (USA)|