(Redirected from T-54)
The T-54 is a Soviet 1st generation main battle tank put into service in 1947. It served throughout the Cold War and is one of the most produced MBTs at a total of roughly 70,000 units. Its most modern variants are still in active duty in many armies around the world.
The T-55 is an updated version of the T-54 that mainly features nuclear, biological, and chemical (NBC) protection capabilities.
- T-54 (1947) - AKA T-54-1; the first production run with 120 mm UFP instead of the standard 100 mm, different running gears and flat turret.
- T-54 (1949) - AKA T-54-2; the second production run with standard 100 mm and a mostly oval turret.
- T-54 (1951) - AKA T-54-3; the third production run and the most iconic T-54 series with a completely oval turret.
- ▄T-54 - Export tanks to Finland between 1959-1962.
- Tiran 4 - Slightly modified, captured T-54 by Israel during Six-Day War for logistical reasons
- Tiran 4S - Captured T-54 upgraded with a 105 mm M68 gun by Israel
- T-55A - New series based on T-54 tanks with two-plane stabilizers and NBC protection
- T-55AM-1 - T-55A with FCS upgrades for ATGM, new engine and appliqué composite armour
- T-55AMD-1 - experimental T-55AM with Drozd hard APS systems
- ▄T-55M - Bought T-55 modernized by Finland
The Type 59 and Type 69 are Chinese derivatives of the T-54 family, with their own separate development lineages.
- Type 59 - WZ120; Licensed and simplified T-54A by China
- ZTZ59A - WZ120A; FCS and ergonomic upgrades for ZTZ59
- Tiran 4
- Tiran 4S
- ZTZ59D1 - WZ120C; overhaul upgrades on firepower and protection.
Long-serving tanks discusses the T-54/55 (Family) at 04:35 - War Thunder Official Channel
T-54/T-55 family - War Thunder Official Channel
Most produced tanks discusses the T-54/55 (Family) at 4:38 - War Thunder Official Channel
Tank Chats #104 - T-54 & T-55 - The Tank Museum